Confessions of a Ketoer

(Alec) #21

If you’ve explained things to them, and they disagree or don’t want to drop the carbs or just prefer the meds, then there is little you can do. I also get frustrated when people who tell me they are T2D tell me they need to stick to what their Dr told them to eat. This is why the nutritional guidelines must change, especially in the T2D arena. It is amazing to me that they haven’t.

(Alec) #22

I cut the fat off my families steaks and keep them all for myself. How shocking! Numnumnum…:scream::scream:

It was the rutabagas that gave you gas. Just look at the word rutabagas. Rutaba-gas.

My husband says there’s enough gas in a rutabaga to blow up a medium size car in a movie.

(Karen) #24

Ouch, hope you’re better!

K

(Aimee Moisa) #25

Oh, yeah, that was weeks ago. I’m fine now. Thanks!

(Jane) #26

I was afraid of that. And those hash brown substitutes were pretty good!

Maybe I can take a couple of digestive enzymes when I cook the other half. I’ll be sure it is right before I leave on another work trip to spare my poor husband!

(Sophie) #27

I do this all the time when I bake chicken. All those crispy, salty, fat coated bits left on the foil are heavenly!

(Lorraine) #28

I sometimes order crab rangoon and eat the cream cheese mixture but leave the skins.:shushing_face:

(Carol) #29

You need to get a dog!

(Candy Lind) #30

Gets my vote for fart causation. Konjac flour affects some folks that way (if I overindulge it gets to me sometimes).

CONGRATS! Now you have room for almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed, homemade spice mixes/dressing mixes, etc., etc., etc.!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I will have to test this with my hubby. Pray for me!

(Jane) #31

I loved them both!

I guess I will have to try them a week apart to find out the culprit…

I really like the rutabaga hash browns… but the shiritaki have a lot more versatility in cooking.

(Katie) #32

I slice it and eat it like cheese, no shame.

(Sophie) #33

I never used to like the taste of mayo straight…now, I’m a spoon licker and I make sure there is something worth lickin too. :yum:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #34

I like drinking HWC several ounces at a time.

(Pat) #35

My husband gives me his fat when we eat out if he sees that his steak has more than mine…after 39 years, he still loves me enough to give up his fat. <3

I always have bacon in the fridge. For a snack I load up a slice of bacon with cream cheese, fold and devour. If I’m out of cream cheese I most definitely use butter. :kissing:

Years ago my cholesterol was a little high and I thought it was FAT that caused it. So sadly I stopped eating the lovely crispy tasty fatty part of lamb chops. But now, oh my goodness, I devour every part of them :joy:…so delish!

Dang right! A bacon fold over with cream cheese. What are you calling your creation? Makes me smile.

(Jane) #39

Bacon boats?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #40

And I’m very fond of it! :cut_of_meat: