Condolences to Richard and the family

(ianrobo) #1

Richard, let me first state I am so sorry to hear of your brothers death. Just listened to the update and that was very brave if you.

The point about organ donation is something I fully belive and out of this tradegy others may find hope.

Your brother was only slightly younger than myself and as you said the fragility of life is there for us all to see.

Look after yourself and your family and many condolences.

:disappointed_relieved: Thoughts are with you.

(Sybella) #3

Sending enormous hugs.

(Cheryl Meyers) #4

My deepest condolences to Richard on the loss of his brother. My Japanese father in law died from a similar kind of stroke–and was on a respirator for 2.5 weeks until his heart stopped–Japan at that time did not have any law in place to allow “pulling the plug” in such cases. It was very hard on the family.

My condolences Richard.

(Karen) #6

Such a tragedy. So sorry to hear of this. My heart goes out to Richard. The one’s we love never die, they live within out hearts.

K

(Cathy) #7

Sending my sincere condolences to you and your family Richard.
Cathy

(mags) #8

Just heard your podcast, Richard. Desperately sorry to hear of your tragic news about your brother. You were very brave to make that statement. I have never met you but feel I know you so well. Have binged on all your podcasts and learnt so much. You and Carl have helped so many people on our journeys. With many thoughts for you and your family. Margaret.

(Shayne) #9

I’m so sorry for your loss. Like you said, it is important to have that paperwork done so your family knows what you want at the end of your life.

Fellow forum residents, please get your paperwork done and tell your family how you want your body treated. Not just for your living will, but also a power of attorney for your financials and health care decisions should you become incapacitated. Don’t wait for a health scare. I had all mine done in my mid-thirties (because of a health scare and being the single parent of a young child) and just recently updated them all because my executor is dying from diabetes.

(Julie Salinas) #10

Very sorry to hear your recent news Richard. But so appreciate your sharing and also encouraging the organ donation. My thoughts are with you and your family as well as the entire Keto2Dudes family I’m sure it impacts all. Much love

So sad. Sending you my love
and wishing you courage.

(Patricia Ingraham) #12

So sorry Richard to hear of your loss.

(E.O.) #13

So sorry for your loss.

(Lisa Mc Donald) #14

Thinking of you Richard and of your family in this time of sadness. So sorry for your loss.

(Susan Lawrence) #15

This is so hard. So hard. Ditto all the above comments.
Just know that it takes a very long time. People expect you to be better within a week or month. Those people have never been in your shoes.
Sending you a small bit of the love that you send us all in so many ways.

Aww Richard, so sad. I lost a young sister too, it’s very sad. :heartpulse:

(CharleyD) #17

@richard I’m so sorry for your loss. I heard your update and it gave me chills, and that’s with Mrs Dipper and I having already settled our estate planning and living will and organ donation wishes.

Tomorrow is never promised.

(Nancy C) #18

Richard, I join with all others sending my sincere condolences at the sudden loss of your brother. We lost my brother a few years back exactly in this manner. Take care of yourself at this difficult time. Prayers to you all.

(jketoscribe) #19

So very sorry for your loss, Richard.

I hope that people will pay attention to your plea to prepare their advance directives. In most states in the US you can find free valid health care directive forms (sometimes called Durable Powers of Attorney for Health Care) online and fill them out. Make sure that they are completed with all legal requirements–usually that means they must be PRINTED OUT, and signed before a notary public or witnesses.

Your doctor or local hospital may also have resources to help you prepare your directive. I teach a two hour class on Advance Health Care Directives to the general public in California at a local hospital. I teach this class with a social worker, and we are able to answer questions about the medical and legal aspects of the form. Our participants almost universally tell us how valuable this is.

(Lysa Hill) #20

Sorry for your loss, Richard. Thanks for all of your research, advice, and help. I lost my brother too young too, I know your pain. Peace be with you all.