Community consensus on vomiting

(Kaiden) #1

Trying to ease into a 7-day fast by doing alternate day. As is usual for me in the summer, the heat got to me and I tossed everything.

What’s the consensus on vomiting when ADF is involved?

Eat again as soon as you feel well? Eat the next day? Keep on the on-off-on-off pattern despite the nausea?

I also think I need to do something to reset a bit after the high-protein hack. Limansky did a 5-day fast, but I’ve never gone past three.

Maybe alternate day fasting is not the way to go for you? I have never felt well when doing every other day fasts. However, I can do three days in a row with just water and pink salt and feel pretty good.

I have also found I do better fasting after eating the night before and not eating breakfast. I know a lot of people are just the opposite of that.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #3

The consensus had best been that if you are vomiting, you should knock off what ever you did that cause you to vomit, take it very easy, and get back to something more normal. So, back off the ADF, eat regular keto, get normal and then maybe give it another go.

(Jason Christianson) #4

I’d say that there would be a consensus that vomiting is not an enjoyable experience.

What’s causing the vomiting? Are you on any medications ir supplement that could be upsetting your stomach when you are fasting? What is your intake before fasting? How about fluid and salt intake? Are you keto adapted before fasting?

(Kaiden) #5

I’ve decided that the best I can do at the current time is the fasting mimicry mentioned in the Ketogenic Bible, where day one is 50% of normal calories, day two and three are 10%, and the other four days of the week are at the normal level.