Coconut oil question

This article is false, correct? [https://people.com/health/coconut-oil-called-pure-poison-by-harvard-professor-who-warns-against-its-supposed-benefits/]

Uhh,… I better hope its false! I am feeling different today though.

(bulkbiker) #3

Of course… its from Harvard so has to be complete rubbish… they have an agenda after all…

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #4

Harvard are sponsored by Big Sugar. They’ll say anything to meet their agenda.

(TJ Borden) #5

I can’t blame them. Even knowing what I know now, I’d advocate the health benefits of sugar if the check was big enough

(Bethany) #6

The argument they have against coconut oil is that it is high in saturated fat. I don’t think that’s false. However the connection they’re making between saturated fat and clogged arteries/cardiovascular disease to dub it ‘poison’ is the issue. Just look up ‘saturated fat and cardiovascular disease’ on this forum and you can find links and resources nullifying this causal theory.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

Unfortunately, it has been documented from published memos from the sugar industry that Frederick Stare, the founder and first director of the Harvard School of Public Health Nutrition Department, and his colleague Walter Willett, one of the co-authors of this study, took money from the sugar industry to blame heart disease on saturated fat, in order to take attention away from the deleterious effects of sugar.

According to those same memos, Stare and Willett also took money to submit a sugar-industry report to the FDA over their own names as evidence that the FDA should officially consider sugar as “Generally Recognized as Safe.” This is a category authorizing the use of certain materials in foods without requiring the manufacturer to provide proof that it is safe.

(Dan) #9

Just posted this video in Humor… Sometimes it’s best just to laugh at this crap!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

J.P. is so spiritual, you just have to believe everything he says! :angel:

(Keto Victory) #11

I only know one person who suffered from eating coconuts. However, he died.