Coconut Oil Is Pure Poison

(Nathan Toben) #1

More bad Keto Press
(CharleyD) #2

Has Harvard quit taking money from Big Sugar, yet? Nevermind, the headline says it all.

(Nathan Toben) #3

This is the individual who performed the study. I wouldn’t write this study off so fast. Seek contrary information or else the “Calm” in KCKO becomes less and .less grounded:

(CharleyD) #4

FTA:

And, according to Michels, coconut oil is more dangerous than lard because it almost exclusively contains saturated fatty acids, ones that can clog the coronary arteries.

I don’t need to give her any more consideration. Because this is wrong and ignorant.

(Nathan Toben) #5

You just quoted Business Insider interpreting the study, that’s partly on me because that is what i linked.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

As I posted in the other thread about this study, the professor described in the article says that coconut oil is more dangerous than lard because it almost exclusively contains saturated fatty acids, ones that can clog the coronary arteries.

• Coconut oil contains a significant percentage of monounsaturated fats, which is why it is the source of many brands of MCT oil.

• The idea that saturated fat in the diet “clogs the arteries” has been thoroughly debunked. In fact the highest concentration of triglycerides in the blood is caused by eating carbohydrate, not fat. This was shown in several early studies.

The Harvard School of Public Health was founded by money from the sugar industry, from which it still gets a fair amount of research money. Since Frederick Stare, the school’s founder and first director, took money from the sugar industry to write research studies blaming obesity and diabetes on saturated fat (so as to take public scrutiny off the ill effects of sugar), it is not surprising that the school would hire a professor who feels the way Karin Michels does.

The surprising part is that Business Insider actually mentions a couple of recent studies showing benefits of a ketogenic diet.

(Omar) #7

To say that coconut oil is not healthy is something.

But to say that coconut oil is a poison that takes the credibility of such person to the sewers.

(Ken) #8

It’s only unhealthy when you’re secreting insulin chronically, as when following the NAD. Like almost any fat. It’s healthy when eating Lipolitically.

Oh Oh, I’m in trouble because I have been eating this every day for six months. Lol. :sweat_smile:

(Sheri Knauer) #10

Obviously since you go by dead-fred…

(Jane) #11

The study referenced in the article is in German so no way to know what was studied, the variables, the controls, the data, etc.

Sounds like she is just talking out of her ass.

(Jane) #12

:rofl:

(Jay Patten) #13

Yes, coconut oil unhealthy… when you pair it with a double quarter pounder with cheese, large fries and a McFlurry. :rofl::joy:

Not to give Business Insider any props, but the article does have a couple of good points:

But most people are just going to read the headline and move on. So, I think we understand their agenda. :-1:

(Edith) #15

I don’t think I’ve ever seen one paper published from Harvard that has ever done anything but tout the current nutritional dogma.

That’s why CSPI, the Center for Science in the Public Interest, almost always interviews professors from Harvard to promote their vegetarian agenda.

On an interesting side note: CSPI was instrumental in getting restaurants, especially fast food, to stop using animal fats in their deep fryers and start using trans fats.

Of course, these days they like to brag about how instrumental they’ve been in getting trans fats out of the food chain. Funny how they don’t mention they pushed its use in the first place.

(CharleyD) #16

Yup, I read the whole thing, but in my opinion it doesn’t absolve them of their click-bait headline. grumbles

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #17

Ya gotta love the chutzpah in the name! If they were really acting in the public interest, they’d be pushing keto, not plants. :face_vomiting:

Tonight on the news, yesterday’s news debunked with a study that shows exactly the opposite. It’s like groundhog day. I’ve seen this too many times.

And that won’t happen until there some money to made from it. Which it doesn’t appear there will be. … The main thing is, being heathy doesn’t pay big dividends in the medical world. Not much profit in heathy checkups.

Also read today to try and use Extra Virgin and Virgin Coconut oil due to
the ways it is processed. Anyone heard or have a different view/opinion?