Coconut Oil Is Pure Poison

Is it just me or is the media at peak anti-keto sentiment? I don’t get the viciousness. I suspect the ‘magic pill’ documentary did a lot of damage. In the minds of many Keto folks are in the same fruity camp as anti-vaccine peeps

(Terence Dean) #22

Just think if the majority of our societies ever wake up to the damage caused by excessive carbohydrate consumption it will have a major influence on the bottom lines of all wheat based industry. Fast food outlets, bread manufacturers, cakes, pastries, restaurants, cafes, to name a few.

If 59,000 food items in a supermarket contain wheat, from a total of 70,000 its not hard to see why there would be a push back against Keto, despite the successes its had for many people with type 2 diabetes for example.

Ketogenic diets are a serious threat to the Wheat industry. You’ve only got to look at how much wheat you have eliminated from your diet. Multiply that by half the current population, and there’s your answer. Expect more flack as the general public become aware and more informed.

(KCKO, KCFO) #23

Oh you are not the only one dead-fred. If it is poison, I guess we are just a group of ketozombies.

I don’t feel well. (LOL):thinking:

(Taleisha Collins) #26

The worst for me is having a mother in law that reads all that garbage

LOL … the plus is that he and I are educated enough to help… " pharma paid for that study"

Isn’t life grand?!?

(Keto Victory) #27

That’s what German sounds like.

(Keto Victory) #28

It’s true that coconuts are poisonous to some people. (This may partially explain any German cultural antipathy toward the shifty fruit…)

An old article but demonstrates Harvard has been on the receiving end of some large donations from big pharma for years. https://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/03/business/03medschool.html

Once they know you will compromise for money I doubt “science” ever sees the light of day.

@Grandk1000 thanks for the article!

It sounds hopeful, but actually it’s quite depressing. That was written almost 10 years ago, and obviously nothing’s changed. :frowning_face:

(David McCall) #31

I hadn’t heard about it until the preacher mentioned it in his sermon at church this morning. He was drawing attention to how confusing all of the contradictory messages there are out there regarding diet.
Without getting into the rest of what he was saying, I truly think this is the main objective in posting studies like this. The media latches on to the sensational, then people get confused, and end up throwing their hands up and say ‘If the scientists can’t make their minds up, how am I ever supposed to figure this whole diet thing out?!?’
Frustrating, as the ones most likely to be turned off keto by reports like this, are often the ones that would benefit the most from it!
Thanks for posting, everyone! I’d intended to look into this after hearing about this morning; you guys are the best! :+1:

(Omar) #32

Exactly

That is why our health and our well being is our responsibility.

We feel what makes us healthier, we also should educate our selves to the minimum required to place or pull out the credibility of such reports and the people behind it.

Unfortunately most people listen to the news first hand and it sticks to their brains without any effort to evaluate the news.

(John) #33

I think for some to admit coconut oil is good is to admit saturated fat is not bad, which would of course not fit the argument that meat is bad because of… saturated fat

(Charles Konen) #34

Lets get more in line with Karin Michels terminology. I think she has her cranium up her rectum, thus you might ascertain she is talking out her ass! As a combat Marine who served in Vietnam exposed to Agent Orange (Dioxin). I had mild Parkinson’s and used Dr. Mary Newport’s therapy used on her husband who has severe Alzheimer’s. By using coconut oil with its ketones for neurological conditions would be beneficial. It seem to cure her husband! Since 2014 I no longer exhibit the symptoms of Parkinson’s and many of my fellow Vietnam veterans! Another benefit was I no longer had joint pain that I suffered from since 1980. I later found research completed in 2014 stating coconut oil was a CURE for Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis pain. They thought the Lauric acid which is 43% of coconut oil was responsible. Prior to this I was ready to set down in wheel chair permanently June of 2010. I was told by the VA medical Doctors. “There was nothing they could do” and “Get use to it”! I knew I was in trouble and the VA was doing nothing to improve my health and my health was getting worst! I started looking immediately! Within the hour I found research completed by the Japanese in 1987. They found that Chlorophyll I believe it was seaweed that they used, removed Dioxin from the blood of the rats they tested it on.
I researched Chlorophyll for about a week and on the 4th of July 2010. I started to take chlorophyll along with Probiotics and declare my Independence from VA’s non effective treatment protocols, which seems to be most if not all chemical base prescription protocols. The Medical community seems to be “Stuck on Stupid” to quote an Army 3 star General Russell Honore or They are just stringing us along with expensive non effective treatments and prescriptions!?
Almost immediately I no longer needed a wheelchair or walker. I have not had a migraine or allergy issues since! No more Prostate issues! My balding head and grey hair went away! My skin is Much younger looking like 10 years younger than I looked when I started my Protocol! It has been 9 years! I am not certain but early early 2015 I was told by my VA doctor who still looked very much like I did when I started my Chlorophyll! Pretty much like death warmed over! This is the same Doctor that told me he would not recommend a Dioxin toxicity test. He said, the VA does not offer a toxicity test for Dioxin (Agent Orange) for Vietnam Veterans. Stupid right?
I am certain it is only because it cost the VA to much! This VA Doctor told me, “You are Healthy!”. I felt pretty excited, but I had one lab that I saw was slightly high for my Creatinine levels and asked him what it meant? He then had the gall to tell me, “You have Stage 3 Kidney failure!”, but I was Healthy? I said,“Are you crazy? It doesn’t sound Healthy to me!” It took me nearly 11 months to come up with a protocol that only cost me 10 cents. In one week 7 days I went from Stage 3 to Stage 1! what I used as my protocol was a glass of water in the morning and a glass in the evening with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (bicarbonate soda). My new Doctor said that is impossible when i told her what I had done. had the new Doctor look at my records to prove what I said.
Don’t be Stuck on Stupid like the Medical Community all the protocols showed improvement or where effective in 10 days! I Love COCONUT OIL!

(Susan) #35

I think most people on the forum have or do use it regularly, I was having some issues with it (reactions) so haven’t been for now.

(Jane) #36

I am one of the few who has never liked coconut. Not the flavor, not the texture. Nada. It saved me from fat bombs since most are coconut oil based. Actually, I made savory ones with cream cheese, pepperoni and cheese. One batch. No repeat because by then I wasn’t getting hungry between meals and stopped the fat snacks.

Now the MCT oil I bought is flavorless but I stopped using it also and switched to butter in my coffee. To use the bottle I’ve made made salad dressing with it and even half MCT/half olive oil mayo.