Cocoa powder recipes?

(Carl Keller) #3

I’m not much of an advocate for fat bombs, but I have to admit that these do look (too) tempting:

Yields:

This calls for Swerve. I’m leery how it would taste without it. Im hoping for recipes that don’t have artificial sweeteners. But thanks anyway :slight_smile:

(Susan) #5

Fat Bomb idea:

Cream Cheese, (package of it, not sure measurement)
Coconut Oil (I melt it first for a bit in microwave)
Almond Butter (or a bit of Peanut Butter if you do eat it, I know some do and some don’t) you can make without the Butter as well!
Cocoa Powder (I heaping tablesoon)
Vanilla Extract (to add a bit of flavour sweetness if desired, but not required).

Blend all together rigorously by hand or with a hand mixer… put in your silicone molds and freeze, then pop them out and store in an airtight container in the freezer.

Icecream:

1 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
1/2 cup additional coconut milk OR milk of choice
1 tablespoon Cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Blend all, and freeze in molds, then take it out, and blend again… icecream!

This also calls for artificial sweetener. And a freezer which I don’t have. Darn it! Thanks anyway!

I’m currently avoiding dairy so this wouldn’t work, although it sounds yummy.

I think this is a hopeless cause; I’ll just give it to somebody as it’s unopened.

Thanks for trying, y’all!

(Susan) #7

This has a fat bomb that uses it and says Stevia (with optional beside it, so you could just leave that out). Says refrigerate or freeze… so probably just takes longer in the fridge.

(less is more, more or less) #8

You’ll find a whole bunch of recipe ideas over here, including a favorite of mine, despite the post’s title:

I don’t know if these would set well enough in the fridge, but I mixed coconut butter with cocoa powder, coconut oil, and peppermint extract - put in silicone molds (froze mine, but fridge should do the trick). The coconut butter adds just enough sweetness (you can play with ratios for thickness you prefer). It’s dairy free and pretty yummy if you like chocolate mint stuff.

I’d have to buy coconut butter but this looks like it would work. Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush::grin:
Edited to add: How much of each ingredient?

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #11

1 oz of HWC and 2 to 4 grams of 100% cocoa powder. Splash of vanilla. Mix well till velvety smooth. Add some walnuts if you want or a small amount of organic crunchy peanut butter. My desert.

Sounds good, but I should have included in my original post that I was avoiding dairy. But thank you!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #13

Oh well, I tried.

And I appreciate it! :blush:

I edited my OP so that I wouldn’t waste anyone else’s time.

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #15

I put a bit in my morning coffee (no sweetener), sometimes withHWC and sometimes without. Turns it into mocha! (I dislike anything sweet in coffee, and I’m not much for sweets anyway).

Now why didn’t I think about that? duh

(less is more, more or less) #17

It’s easy, inexpensive, and you know what you’re getting to make your own coconut butter. You buy unsweetened coconut flakes, and, put them in your food processor for about 15 minutes. I love the process and end result.

Can one not buy coconut butter? I live in a little cabin, and my kitchen accessories are limited. No food processor. :confused:

You can. I’m sure whole foods, Earth fare, sprouts and the like have it, I bought mine online from Thrive market though I’m sure Amazon has it too.

Cocoa with a touch of cinnamon is lovely with coffee, can always use coconut cream or milk in place of the dairy if you want it not black.

(less is more, more or less) #20

You sure can, and I think it’s cool whatever works for you.

(Diane) #21

Are there any sweeteners that you find acceptable: stevia, xylitol, allulose, erithrytol, sucralose, etc?

All those stores you listed are 90 minutes from me :confused:

Amazon is my best friend!

I have organic Ceylon cinnamon (fancy pants, I know, but my mom sells it online so I get it for free, woohoo!). Will have to try this.