Cloud Bread

(Jay) #1

I know a few people talked about cloud bread but, I didn’t see a recipe. Here is one that I adapted from another site:

3 large eggs, separated
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 ounces cream cheese, very soft
1/2 tablespoon of carb free sweetener, e.g. splenda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Beat egg whites and cream of tartar together in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
If cream cheese is cold toss in microwave for 15seconds to soften.
Mix egg yolks, cream cheese, and sweetener together in a separate bowl until mixture is very smooth and has no visible cream cheese. Gently fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture, taking care not to deflate the egg whites.
Carefully scoop mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, forming 5 to 6 “buns”.
Bake in the preheated oven until cloud bread is lightly browned, about 25-30 minutes.

Only a small trace of carbs from the cream of tartar.

My next batch I’ll start playing with flavoring, maybe some cinnamon or rosemary.

(Larry Lustig) #2

Both the eggs and the cream cheese contain small amounts of carbohydrate, between three and four
grams for the recipe.

Sounds like this bread would be sweet. Can you omit the sweetener and maybe add salt?

(Jay) #3

I got 6 pieces, it was not sweet to my taste but you maybe able to leave out the sweetener if it is. if you include the eggs (1.5g), lite cream cheese (2g) and the cream of tartar (quantity wise, the largest contributor to carbs) (.5g) it’s about ~4g carbs for all 6 pieces.