Clotted Cream (by foodwishes.com)

cream
clotted

True, thanks!

(Rebecca) #22

Thanks so much for posting this it look delicious. I had never heard of clotted cream and then in 2013 I went to Devon and Cornwell and had it for the first time and it was so amazing. I am definetly going to make this. Anyone have a recipe for keto scones?

(G. Andrew Duthie) #23

With the caveat that I havenā€™t tried either, here are a couple recipes I found on a search of ā€œI breathe Iā€™m hungryā€ which generally has (or points to) good recipes:

http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2013/06/rhubarb-pecan-scones-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html

(Iā€™m also selfishly posting these so I can look them up later, when Iā€™m done with my Holy Week fast and can make some clotted cream :smiley: )

(Jessica) #24

Ooohhā€¦ Looks like Easter breakfast to me. Niice!

So, in the grocery store I can only get pasteurized cream. Will it still work?
Otherwise I could get farm fresh milk, thatā€™s not pasteurized, but Iā€™m not sure if the fat content will be sufficient (add butterā€¦?).

(G. Andrew Duthie) #25

Based on the description in the video, it sounds like pasteurized should workā€¦just not ultrapasteurized.

I donā€™t think using milk + butter would work, because it would likely be hard to get the fat integrated properly once having been separated.

That is the sexiest video I have watched for ages!

(Jessica) #27

Oh yeah :joy:
Also really pretty on the breakfast table. So the little bowl of clumpy fatty goodness was aalllll mine.

The last time I bought some in the UK I was not impressed so I am definitely going to try making it. The texture was not great but this stuff looks like what I would expect - that combo of silky smooth and then fatty clots - oh my! It is so good when it is good.

(Maha) #29

I made this clotted cream this weekend, and had it a short time ago. It is FABULOUS! Itā€™s incredibly rich and there is a slight nutty flavor because of the caramelization. I also used a low carb scone recipe, but because we have a dog, and sugar subs tend to make me sick (except stevia in small amts), I used honey instead of xylitol. No matter, they still turned out wonderful and they were a little more cakey, probably because of the honey. I also made a no-sugar added nectarine jam with a few added stevia drops. If you havenā€™t made this clotted cream, I highly recommend it. You wonā€™t regret it.

(Jewel ) #30

Iā€™m so glad you posted your low carb scone recipe!! Just made this clotted cream and, obviously, need to bake some scones now. :):grinning:

(Karim Wassef) #31

Just found that vid and it sounds exquisite.

(Seth Girardin) #32

Great post. Inspired me to make these over the weekend. Orange Almond scones (twosleevers recipe) and a keto strawberry jam. Epic.