Clean Carnivore Crew, January 2022

zerocarb
carnivore

@Karen18
you set up a very nice bird feeding station. You are so creative filling out your garden area! Nice!
Glad work went ok for you. Chatting everyone up is rough but I am sure they were concerned for you and have to say they are happy to see you up and doing ok again!!

@Shinita
you said this: I really need some almost fully carnivore months. I need some changes inside me. Sometimes I can eat a little carbier extra without problems but I tend to go a bit too crazy, less and less as time passes but still too much. And itā€™sā€¦ NOT enjoyable. Itā€™s compulsive. Wrong. -------------------yea this is your body and mind telling starting to train you to not eat the more icky things :slight_smile: I kinda walked that way into zero carb also. Each time I did go off plan it was less and less and it did feel wrong eating that stuff, the body really doesnā€™t need it ya know and I think over time we do find ourselves getting stronger in our convictions on what eating lifestyle we want to hold firm. You are starting to change more and more, you are feeling it and living it, just keep on going and eating carnivore well of course. A nourished body truly will show you the way ya know. Well it worked for me that way where it gave me strength thru not requiring food all the time to give my brain time to really think about what I was going to put down my gullet :slight_smile: Sounds like changes are happening for you with body and mindā€¦that is good. Keep walking your journey!

Enjoy those shrimp!! Those are a staple kinda in my life. I find they pair so well with any meats so they make just a great side item to enjoy!

@Ketodaisy
wow KDā€¦yea the darn heart palp. situation. sucks rocks. I know that feeling but for me it truly was corrected from my PVC issues which I got under control thru zc. Key being, what is your salt intake? Right before bed, eat something salty. Like take a small piece of meat, salt the hell out of it, eat and see if that settles you more in the dead of night. Plus drink water before bed also. Low water and dehydration levels easily can cause palps. But salt keeps water in the body and maybe it is a lower type hydration issue? Maybe just a small thing like that might help?

well a nap I have to say will disrupt sleep so I feel ya on that one. If I am watching tv and fall asleep a bit, my night is off when I try to go to bed also. I do know one thing, I know you will get this under control and correct this issue, will be nasty walking thru it, but you will even it all out in time. Cause that is who you are :slight_smile: You fix you when you need to, lol

@JJFiddle
yea I think Dr. Saladino was one ā€˜who could easily goā€™ back into a very low carb lifestyle ya know. Many of us carnivores canā€™t go backā€¦but sometimes people who do carnivore a longer time and heal can backtrack a tad so I think he wanted more eating in his life so he went backwardsā€¦hey it is cool if he does well and it suits him, :slight_smile: but in the end not alot of carnivores can go back and ā€˜do okā€™ ya know. I ainā€™t one who can go back. I tried over the years to step back to get some other foods in my life and nope. Real fast I find out that ainā€™t me.

Wow on the diff. between Texas and VAā€¦that is interesting, so it seems like you are kinda happy getting suck in Texas :sunny: Seems like it is suiting you very wellā€¦cool

Yea music and anything entertainment/social gatherings and more, I sure would think your music industry would get nailed very hard thru the pandemic. ugh.

Rocky Mt Oysters! We have them here too, I havenā€™t had courage to order them, I still would opt for a massive steak before settling for that HA

@FrankoBear
wonderful digital pic! you are so creative

Happy you are finding a great way to make your steaks. and a tad of butter and bacon rasherā€¦canā€™t go wrong there ever :slight_smile:

Are you feeling better overall? A better improvement of your issues? Sure hope so!

--------------------------Keeping things very simple

got 2 NY Strip steaks for today. darn smaller cuts so I will have to eat both of them in one meal, eh, no issue, I can do that!

second meal will be some london boil. I am cooking that for the family on the grill tonight and will just have some slices with ? maybe some chicken wings? I have 6 big ones and will throw in oven later to get them cooked but I am not a fan anymore of london broil. That london broil cut has a funny taste to me? No idea why but it does have a wierdo kick to it for me so wonā€™t be gobbing down alot of it. Plus my hubby tends to always overcook the darn thing :frowning: So stuff up good on my 2 steaks and just piddle around with dinner meal later.

Right now I got that ā€˜thinner feelingā€™ ya know, that feeling alot of us love love love to feel :slight_smile: That overall fine well being feeling. Always hard to write down how that feels in a description but I am finding myself in a good place physically ya know. Did I lose a lb. or 2 yet? No idea LOL Will just hit the scale at the end of the month and see if I dropped even a lbā€¦be niceā€¦but overall physical and mental well being is great so that always trumps the scale for me.

Hold carnivore strong all! Clean Carni Jan is starting to fly by now and Feb is coming fast up on us!

Oh this style works so well with Nancy Bootsā€™s paws and everything :smiley: She became some stylized cool one! I prefer more softness for scenery and humans can go either wayā€¦

I planned to paint a Christmas scene for this thread but I was very useless in December :frowning:
It involved a Santa inside a house, his beloved raindeers left alone and some hungry carnivores who work quick! It was a very bold idea as itā€™s way outside of my comfort zone but thatā€™s why I should do such things. Maybe next year.
I usually draw faces. Or nowadays, my worm. I should replace my pic, the current one is Dingle but Dee, his daughter is loads more fun. Sorry Dingle, I love you both.

@Fangs, I think you are right, why to overcomplicate things? I will try my shrimps as a side dish to my meatā€¦ I looked at recipes, it seems Hungarian people always do it with garlicā€¦ And butter. Sometimes cream. Butter sounds quite good. So thatā€™s it, pan, butter, the already cooked shrimps, it will be quick. And I can eat it with my pork and eggsā€¦ I will bring a photo :slight_smile:
By the way, you are such a dear. I am here, admitting I ate very off despite my big plans for 2022 (oh I still have them, it was a little bump!) and you donā€™t say I shouldnā€™t be here, shame on me and donā€™t even ignore me! Thanks. I donā€™t know why I go off so much, honestly. It doesnā€™t make perfect sense though in January, I really had hardships, not liking my food at all sometimesā€¦ But it doesnā€™t mean I needed to add everything I did. Oh well, every little time helps me to evolve, itā€™s noticeable. My ā€œcarni musclesā€ get stronger slowly.

I donā€™t know why but my spirits are great today. It started yesterday. I donā€™t mean I feel good, I have that here and there, thatā€™s not so special. But I feel the desire to change (I badly need it), to create, to LIVE again, well, more than ever, I never was exactly where I should have beenā€¦ And if you didnā€™t have YEARS feeling unmotivated and useless, you probably canā€™t imagine how precious this is. Itā€™s still hard to realize my plans but this state helps tremendously.

(Heather) #344

Have either of you been tested for afib? It runs in my family and my mom would always have episodes where her heart would pound, mostly at night. Itā€™s under control now, but it was scary!

(Robin) #345

Bring on Dingleā€™s daughter Dee!

(Karen) #346

Youā€™re just too kind :laughing:

(Karen) #347

Ended up in bed at 7pm last night feeling really done in. Stotke registrar was quite right when he said even at 3 month starting work will be exhausting. I guess I thought if I could get my fitness level on a level near to where it was before the blip then I wouldnā€™t feel so tired. Must be all the anxiety of going in and everyone wanting to talk and ask how I was doing was just too much. I am in again tomorrow for 2 hours and will spend it catching up on 3 months worth of emails ā€¦ delete delete delete :laughing: maybe doing that and not chatting so much I may feel a bit less done in. I took my BP monitor in with me to work yesterday and took my BP when I arrived at work, needless to say it was elevated, then took another reading prior to leaving the prison and it was elevated more! @Fangs yes everyoneā€™s being so kind and wanting only the best for me but when everyone is telling you what to do or what NOT to do and moaning at management or other things it kind of rubs off on you and you start to feel their stress! I had forgotten how much people at work moan. Note to self 'donā€™t get drawn into.

This morning I was up at 8am or just after and did stair runs, 100 flights which is now my daily routine again, then went to CrossFit and did a great workout. It felt really good and the type of workout thatā€™s right up my street. Felt like old times before the blip.

Came home via wilkos to return 3 little items that I didnā€™t want and exchanged them for 3 small bedding plants. Arrived home about 1140 and took my BP reading ā€¦ back to a healthy range, must be touching those therapeutic plants :wink:

Brunch at midday was cold roast chicken ā€¦ 2 wings and 1 leg + thigh then I popped out to see if the bird feeder had been visited ā€¦

Guessing this was the family of rodents from under next doors shed or a squirrel as there was a big hole in bottom of both fishnet hahahaha cheeky critters! Both suet blocks in the bottom of the 2 tights were gone overnight!

Dinner was the last of my pork loin chops and a bit of cheese.

Also had half a mug of my chicken stock as thatā€™s all that was left. Will make another pot when I have finished the cooked roast chicken.

Didnā€™t do any planting out today, as i do get tired doing that, all plants still sitting on my kitchen floor but I sorted through some screws, sizing them and sorting them into a drawer organiser box. It will be an ongoing job as I start organising the shed bit by bit.

(Daisy) #348

It only happened the first couple nights I took that nĆ©e supplement, so Iā€™m guessing that was the cause. It didnā€™t happen last night, so my body seems to have adjusted to it!

(Edith) #349

@Karen18, I have the opposite problem from you. My blood pressure is on the too low side.

We have a blood pressure monitor where I work. I try to get up from my desk every hour just to walk around. It is easy for me to get very intent on my work and not move, so one of the things Iā€™ll do for a little break is stroll downstairs to the monitor and check my blood pressure. I took it twice today. The first reading was 85/54 and the second was 91/54. For me thatā€™s an indication I need more salt.

I have to admit, Iā€™m always very surprised when you mention you have high blood pressure considering your lifestyle and WOE. Did changing your diet to carnivore have any kind of effect on your BP?

(Judy Thompson) #350

@Shinita Canā€™t wait to see Dingleā€™s daughter Dee! And more of your drawings, too!
@Fangs How do you do that? Just an amazing memory or do you take notes when you read? Iā€™m so impressed with your ability to answer so many people at once.
ā€” I did love the lamb livers, but this morning I found out why the literature specifies once a week for them. Whoa! And I empathize intensely with the puppy, who adores her liver treats but (occasionally) creates the need for me to launder all the rugs!
@Karen18 youā€™re amazing, you must be about 4% fat. Funny about those rodents eating through the fishnets for suet. Best laid plansā€¦
ā€” about to sous vide 2 strip steaks for us while I teach a lesson, then will throw them on the grill. Johnā€™s sides are leftovers today except his salad so should be an easy fix after the lesson.
@Fangs - not many people can go backwards from carnivore - wow. I believe you! I feel better already, I think the arthritis is better. Looking forward to seeing what happens over time!

(Daisy) #351

Day 20 Lion diet: meal one was a lamb steak and bone broth jello. Meal two was a roast cut up and air fried. Super delicious. Today has been a mega stress day (layoffs and department restructuring at work) so I needed this amazing fuel to help me through. Sleep last night: Supplements: 200 mg 5-htp and 400 mg magnesium glycinate taken right before bed. In bed at 9:38. Took at least 30 minutes to fall asleep. Up at 11:30 and 1:30 to pee. Tossed and turned a lot the rest of the night. Up with alarm at 5:50.

(Linda ) #352

Arrived home yesterday afternoon and was so happy to be home againā€¦the snow storm all the way home withstrong winds so many vechiles,rigs slid off the road or jacknifedā€¦a uhaul turned on its sideā€¦we got out extremely lucky with just a dent in the truck when we slid and Jacknifed.

The dogs are so happy to be back home able to run around house here is far biggerā€¦
Nice to see the pool is now covered

Food while traveling was mostly bbq a pack of pork rinds ans a Wendyā€™s double baconator no bunā€¦

Todays food was lamb hocks and carbonated waterā€¦

This pic has some correlation to my OMAD dinner. I ate less than half of the meat (below 0.5 pound even together with a bite of pork belly), more eggsā€¦ My protein is unusually low and despite my efforts (not adding extra yolks to my scrambled eggs and making quite white sponge cakes to eat it with the delicious sausage fat I have), the little meat and yep, the (not overused) sausage fat made my day kind of fatty. 78%, guesstimation says. Itā€™s fine, eating below 1400 kcal and 80g protein, thatā€™s less fine but okay for one day.

It seems easy satiation kicked in again but OMAD helps anyway I suppose. But I normally get hungry in 1-3 hours after such a small meal. Well I eat satiating items and I ate much before this weekā€¦ Not like eating a lot typically triggers this.

I prefer a bigger last meal before the group fast but what can I do? I canā€™t control my food intake much, only my food choices to some extent. And I am pleased enough with my choices.

I looked at my impressive (quantity wise, at least) Dee collection and chose some but I probably will make a big pic and not many tiny ones.
I only show this now, itā€™s the first proper one of her, I was inspired:

holydee

She is some kind of segmented worm, I tried to figure out the species but failed, I only know she is a close relative of earthworms and leeches but she is neither.
Of course she has her stylized unrealistic features like her eyes (and wonderful personality)ā€¦

I will note a quick bounce back from a few days off colour after the COVID vacc. Back to general aches and pains that will require further work. Thanks for asking.

Pre-breakfast blood glucose still sitting a bit high at 104 mg/dl, but understandable after the physiological stress of the vacc. That adversely effects blood ketones at 0.2 mmol/L today. I might look closer at my foods with an eye on fat.

Same eating plan as yesterday. But the weather has switched to another summer heatwave. Itā€™s 41ā€™C (105.8F) today. Hot and sunny. Yesterday was humid and hot. Today is nicer with dry heat. But heat waves do switch off hunger. May just go OMAD.

Ended up eating 250g of cold smoked salmon and 75g Castello blue cheese.

The main thing is to take the time to get to the beach after work. Iā€™m working from home. It means the beaches are better.

:heart: Love it! :laughing:

@Shinita
you been in this group a long time S :slight_smile: I can read in your posts you are changing alot and you are ā€˜thinking more about youā€™ and following what you body is saying ya knowā€¦we all have backward times, I almost can say I was the backward Queen quite a few times coming down into low carb, into Atkins and into extreme lc into carnivore soā€¦our journey times are just scattered ya know. I walked that path you did but I found me in what suits me best, that is exactly what you are doing now. Alot of what you are saying in your posts now on your changes and thoughts are hitting a cord with me so I can relate on it :slight_smile: Just keep doing you and always be sure to eat wellā€¦and you now have me wanting shrimp too :wink:

@Karen18
wiped out your suet blocks :clown_face: no telling what is chowing down on that HAHA My bird feeder gets wiped out in like 10 seconds when I fill it, so many birds I canā€™t keep up :rofl: plus then the damn things use my pool as a bathtub and toilet :unamused: Kinda like ya love to feed them and watch them around, but then they crap up the place or draw other critters to the feed station and those critters wreck something?? Ya canā€™t win sometimes :scream:

YES you hit it. Otherā€™s opinions and chat can weigh heavy on you and I so get what you said about that K. That is where ya listen, nod, say cool, or wow, or Ahhhh and let it go in one ear and out the other! Do not take any of that stress on!

Interesting you feel the energy drain so quickly. I think you did SO well thru your medical event but I truly believe more time to heal and recover is key, plus your new body on the meds tooā€¦SO GIRL you take time for you and go slow as you need!!

@JJFiddle
It is a gift to respond to alot of posts, I am specialā€¦NOT! :smirk_cat:
I just hit my reply and then I go back to posts and read them again and comment and that way I can handle all the friends on this great thread with a bit of friendly chat. I love what everyone is doing, I gotta comment to all LOL

Great food pic, I want some! bet there ainā€™t none left!

@Ketodaisy, your roast in the air fryer, yum. Glad you loved it.
Mega stress, omgosh not a good thing ever!! Layoffs coming possibly? and reconstructing deptsā€¦oh crap on all of that. When work goes jumbled like that it is SO unsettling! Do all ya can to dump that stress for ya KD if you can!

@Azi
SO HAPPY you are home and on the thread :slight_smile: Glad it was safe travels for youā€¦and now you can keep an eye on those houdini pooches :slight_smile:

I want that pool nowā€¦you did put a heater in it right? Canā€™t remember.
Is that covered? Covered with a blue that looks like the water? I swear I am ready to dive into that thing!

I bet being home has to feel wonderful to you. Back in your routine again. You controlling your zc meats will be very familiar to you again easily!

@FrankoBear
I want your 105. While I know that is so high, honestly I am one who would fit into that heat like a shark to the ocean. I would be ocean all the time LOL Heat and water, my actual lifeā€™s blood!

Happy you are working from home. Bet that helps ALOT!

From it all FB it seems to me those shot things nailed ya. Settled into the olā€™ joints and more, it might literally be just time to get it thru you and while it seems way too long and more, I think sometimes something like this does take big timeā€¦so you hold on and do always the best for you at all times :slight_smile:

Loving those Billie shots, can we say a centerfold might be coming soon? :sunny: Billie in the 12 mos. of the year calendar to come! I would want one for sure!

@Carnivoor
Hope you are doing okā€¦sure missing your posts on the board!!
I guess you are still working hard and maybe even in a new country at this point with your team?

-----------------SO GUYS I got jumbled stuff on retirement home and mom and moving forward and this and that. Life crap ya know. Kinda getting on my last nerve but holding it in. I feel physically great and my well being is OK but damn if life stress of crap that hits us all ainā€™t just a royal pain in the azz! OK enough venting on that :wink:

So we didnā€™t do that london broil last night. darn thing didnā€™t defrost but will cook tonight so family was like make a Thanksgiving day dinner wtih chicken and I was like just kill me, but I cooked for them. stuffing, chicken, peas and carrots, cranberry sauce and they ate like no tomorrow. Kid is on day 3 now of NO school thru snow on roads and I am so over her being home HAHA

Food focus is getting on one of my last nerves also, but I am saying, let it go, let it go, let it go and laughing thru it instead of going batshit crazy of it :skull_and_crossbones::poop: Poop to the carbs they want! ugh

If I get too jumbled with too much food around me and involvement with food I do start to crumble, right now I am holding on ok and trying to see the funny side of it all.

I also feel I am going to be eating more soon. I feel like I am eating less than, is it my brain around all the food I am cooking for them? or am I just not doing for zc me?

Today is 1.34lb pack of NY Strip steaks with chicken wings on side.
Then dinner will be a lb. of shrimp with some of that london broil I will try againā€¦if that london broil donā€™t suit me I do have burgers in the fridge as backup!!

When I do get a bit discombulated with my food it is best I eat. Eat big and focus fast on eating VERY well and ALL I requireā€¦that is my savior on holding this lifestyle and what gives me great benefits. I get to eat all I need when I need it!!

Carnivore on strong everyone!

(Linda ) #356

The pool water itself is not covered but we had a pool enclosure built over the whole patioā€¦I got to see it when we got home but yes having that area covered will help keep the dogs in.

Ohhh you did an enclosed pool----I love that, it is exactly what I would do LOL I would be sure I could use my pool in FL all the time with heater and enclosure just like that.

SO I looked again at the pic, that beautiful metal and glass structure is what you are covering your ā€˜indoor poolā€™ withā€¦I am so darn jelly Azi :slight_smile:

Butcher had no tongues this time :frowning: I wanted buddies to the single one I have in the freezer. Itā€™s a pig tongue, so tiny but maybe I will cook is all alone (it takes a long time). Maybe not.
I bought some head cheese today, I never tried that from that place and everything tend to be quite tasty from thereā€¦ I even kind of like the lame cheap supermarket head cheese with too little meat so I expect something very much enjoyable. Farmer market head cheese is fabulous and expensive, if it will be just half as good, it will be perfect! If it will be better, I will eat up the whole piece I bought, okay maybe just the bigger half as Alvaro needs some too, and itā€™s not so smallā€¦ No, I still would like it better, I will handle it eventually, itā€™s only irresistible if I eat it very rarely. The great one after DECADES, no wonder I couldnā€™t stop!

I ate 21.5 hours ago and I am hungry since a whileā€¦ I have no other problems so I wait a bit more, itā€™s not sunset yet anyway :smiley: 5 more minutes.

I decided I will go for no coffee until sunset, I mean I donā€™t lift it later. One can live without coffee but canā€™t live without food and I need mine earlier than 20:47ā€¦ That will be the latest here this year, it seems.
So I slowly wait more and more with my first coffeeā€¦ Hoping some days wonā€™t contain any.
Headache is an exception, coffee feels nice then. It feels even better when I am seriously sugar poisoned but I never have that anymore. The last time was years ago, I think. Good riddance :slight_smile:
I miss coffee since lunchtime, just a bit. I got used to not drinking any until then, hopefully this will continue.

I drank tea today, I have my limits. I am not nearly as addicted to tea as to coffee (I donā€™t even have very great ones so I get bored easily) so it should be easy to stop drinking that (except the very very rare times I fancy some) after the coffee isnā€™t a problem.

Alvaro had another round with the insurance companyā€¦ Maybe 2 years after the accident, there will be something :smiley: Itā€™s so, so much work. He has hospital papers and near zero memories but he still had to fill out zillion forms, multiple times. And he needs to get a day off to get another paper from the blood plasma donation centerā€¦ I am hopeful the end is near at this point. Poor man had sleep problems due to it and he had them due to work too (mostly the coworkers, dense, intolerant folks. one got mad at him because he didnā€™t use full force on electrical garbage - that isnā€™t even full garbage just thrown out and often is related to his hobby).
People get sick right, left and center at his workplace now, I hope we wonā€™t be affected, extra infectious omicron variant or not. Hungary had the biggest number of new cases ever todayā€¦ And Australia has problems, letā€™s wish the best for poor, poor @KetoKoala (who is lurking here a lot but doesnā€™t comment) who has health problems and pain (and HOT summer, itā€™s a torture for her) but doesnā€™t think the hospitals would have time for her due to Covid. Itā€™s a very bad time to be sick there.

We are both healthy at the moment but I expect that to continue in the next 70-80 years, actually. We already had a cold some months ago (when a coworker needed hospital) totally ruining my healthy streak (that wasnā€™t good anyway as I got a cold a few years ago - I think. my time memory is bad, I donā€™t know if it was 1 or 5 years - after 15 years. I expect better from my immune system but I have my life problems and it works way better than for the average person soā€¦ Fine. I make it better later).

Alvaroā€™s Mom is loads better now, a month after her hip replacement but she still canā€™t even wash her feet. But at least she isnā€™t an impatient one laying in bed all day, that was hard on her and I can relate though I never had that. Alvaro never had that. He was climbing zillion stairs 2(?) days after his splenectomy with 17 broken vertebrae/ribs. As his legs worked just fine, one sole was very much swollen but he still could walkā€¦ Typical. I am on my feet if I can walk somehow myself. Patience doesnā€™t run in either of our families.

Oh and my spirit is still HIGH! I have no problems with energy now. It still doesnā€™t mean I just go and do things but the possibility and some urge is there and it will get better and better (unless I lose this state but no, I need it!). In the bad times I just postpone most things and now if itā€™s tiny, I immediately and gladly do it. Itā€™s fabulous. And I feel better doing things than doing anything in my usual bad times. I wanna keep this.

(Edith) #359

Warning: This post may be TMI for the men.

Iā€™m 55 and in the throes of perimenopause. I didnā€™t have my period for six months and then two weeks ago it returned for two days. Since then, I have put on five pounds! WTF! Iā€™m hoping the weight gain is because my hormones are just screwy for the moment, but it is very disheartening. This was supposed to be the month of strict carnivore, dropping some pounds, and decreasing some measurements, not the other way around! Iā€™m 55 for crying out loud. When is this darned menstrual cycle finally going to stop? I liked having six months of stability. Argh!!! :rage:

As a result, this week Iā€™ve decided to flex my intermittent fasting muscle and try 17-7 to 18-6. This schedule is giving me two meals a day. Lunch today was about 700 calories. Dinner will be about the same, with the possibility of an afternoon snack, so I donā€™t think Iā€™m cutting back on quantity, just extending my fat burning intervals.

On the plus side, I have to admit, I am certainly relishing my lunch after fasting for 17-18 hours.

(Edith) #360

Iā€™m sorry to hear Alvaro is still dealing with paperwork from his accident. That must be incredibly frustrating.

(Mary Donovan) #361

I love reading everyoneā€™s post and how you all share so openly about what you are doing!

Catching up on reading from being super busy with work and life. Always come back to home base and I never need to leave the playing field again. Hope that makes sense to some of you.

I started Carnivore 16 days and had one blip 3 days in. That blip left me feeling like crap physically and emotionally. Not gonna go there again. I just got my blood test results for the monthā€”-VERY IMPRESSED! SUPER EXCITED!

This way of eating has already showed huge improvements in several areas! I have chronic anemia and never can get my hemoglobin where it needs to be. Iron supplements are not good to my sensitive stomach.

11/15ā€“was eating sloppy low carb
Hemoglobin- 11.2
TSH- 1.450
Creatinine- 0.91
Weight- 196

12/14- break from low carb and chose to eat ā€œfruits, veggies and little proteinā€
Hemoglobin- 10.7
TSH- 1.870
Creatinine- 0.58
Weight- 206

1/18
Hemoglobin- 12.1!!
TSH- 1.290
Creatinine- 1.81!!
Weight- 194.6

I saw 211 on the scale before carnivore.

I am surprised that there were no ketones found in my urinalysis results. I donā€™t really care if it shows ketones but as a nurse I am fascinated with the science of all this.

What I have been struggling with is that my grill has broken and I ordered a new one but am waiting forever for set up and delivery of it. I ordered it last Monday. I had bought myself an air fryer for Christmas and chose to use it to make my steaks and try some wings in it. I ordered a small propane grill from Amazon that came yesterday and my dear husband was kind enough to build it and get some small tanks for it.

Now that I have been eating so clean, fast food burgers taste like junk compared to a big juicy one I can cook with fresh ground chuck. I am sleeping really well and have been really wanting to do more self care activities and get VERY irritable when so canā€™t have my steak! I always bring plenty of cooked meat with me. The easier way for me to make sure I get what I need each day is to throw a beef chuck roast in the crock pot and when I come home at night it is ready for me to pack up for the following day.

I have been eating 4 jumbo eggs for breakfast cooked in 1 T bacon grease. Lunch is usually beef roast and dinner the same unless I can cook up a ribeye or T bone.

I have been in contact with a local farm out here in OH and they get me 1/8, 1/4 or even a 1/2 within a week. I have a whole upright freezer for my food and two refrigerators as well.

The fatigue has diminished tremendously and I can keep up with the little babies and toddlers I care for. Due to COVID, I had to stop working as a hospice nurse and was blessed with a doctor who delivered a baby and needed child care. I have been this familyā€™s nanny since he was 6weeks old and is about to turn 2 in February. My second job is in the evening with another baby. She is a premie and I started with her when she was six weeks too and she is now 6 months old. Her parents are active Air Force and her daddy got deployed when she was barely 2 months old. So hard to be away from such a sweet baby. He is due back in Mid-April. I have her 6 days a week and sometimes 7 of she is sick. I pick her up from the base daycare and bring her to her house. When her dad comes home, my house will be reduced and my pay will stay the same.(mom will adjust my pay rate so I donā€™t take a hit in my wallet). I give everyone here permission to hunt my behind down if I try to pick up a fourth job!
My third job is being a Nursery Coordinator for a church. With COVID right now, I have very few kiddos and sometimes none. They recently hired two part timers to help me keep up the cleanliness and activities. The ages are anywhere from newborn to 3/4 yrs.

I currently take a boat load of supplements and some medications. I know to not mess with the meds for now but am curious how many of these I really need. I do know the vitamin D is a must for me with my MS. I take 7000 IU daily. I think I have read that I donā€™t need nearly as much as I am taking with carnivore.

So, I am learning that I need to share what is going on more regularlyā€¦maybe daily even if just a quick hello so my posts wonā€™t be as long. Lol

Finishing up my roast for lunch here and have the other half and a small rib eye cooked from yesterday if I get hungry.