Clean Carnivore Crew, January 2022

zerocarb
carnivore

I’ve been listening to a lot of podcasts of late, where people argue out the pros and cons of nose to tail.

The way I feel about it is that I primarily eat muscle meat, and occasionally, when I feel like having it, I’ll have liver or heart or whatever. I can’t say I’m convinced by the idea that we need to have organs all of the time, or even as frequently as every week.

I think if you like the taste of organs and you enjoy eating them, then go for it - but for me, I have to really crave it to want to add it in. If I do that, I enjoy it when I eat it.

It tends to fall around one meal every 2-3 months for me.

(Linda ) #303

Has anyone eaten lambs liver?

Yes it was the only liver to eat in newzealand…calfs liver is pretty good too

:rofl:
with that fridge, you got tons of options :crazy_face:

great buy on that sirloin steak. YUM…can’t wait til ya try it, let us know how great it was!!

@Septimius
yea I got caught up in the nose to tail stuff and one day I let it go and never looked back at that info again. So many long term people 20 plus yrs haven’t touched any organs so I figure I will survive also. If you love them, have at them, if not for you, I don’t believe we havce to ever worry about it. That is how I fall on it now.

Rib eye steak baked with bacon and butter for half an hour for dinner. Late breakfast at about 2pm of 3 pastured eggs and bacon. 2 coffees with cream. This morning had to rescue a fledgling black swan from the local beach. This afternoon Mrs. Bear, Billie the Labrador and I went to the calm side of the cape for a beach walk. I’m 2d post vacc and sore in my leg joints. Summer is nice. Plenty of time out in the sunshine and fresh air.

(Daisy) #306

This is so amazing! Also, Mrs Bear looks like a hot tamale! :fire:

(Robin) #307

Beautiful place, dog, and woman.

(Judy Thompson) #308

Thanks for all the weigh ins on lamb liver! It sits in there looking at me. Maybe I’ll cut up most of it and dry it for the dog and then fry up a little in some ghee or something. They always have it at the butcher so if it knocks my socks off I can get more.

Online lessons make me hungry so between the 1st hour and the other, half hour lesson, (about 10:15) I had a couple hard boiled eggs. By 1 I was still full but hubby has to eat. I heated some pork shoulder I sous vided the other day and opened a can of tuna for me, made the whole meal for him - potatoes, veggies, salad.
I think if I’m honest about it I need a fraction of the food as meat, of what I’m used to eating. Plus, coming off that horrible low fat PSMF, short though it was, I’m still sensitive to fat.
This past week I read a couple carnivore books. Now I’m starting Saladin. Maria Emmerich’s carnivore cookbook is on the way.

(Judy Thompson) #309

@FrankoBear
Gorgeous pic! That’s a framer.

(Daisy) #310

Oh I should mention I only eat mine raw and frozen :joy:

Day 17 Lion diet: basically the same meal twice. I didn’t photograph the liver for the second meal but I ended up finishing the chunk. Burger patties, bone broth jello, and beef liver x 2. Sleep: Supplements: 5 mg melatonin from my old bottle, 400 mg magnesium, taken after 10. Went to bed at 10:30, on my back, with earplugs, prayer and breath. Fell asleep instantly. Woke at 1:14 to pee and right back to bed. Lay there for just a little bit, but my anxiety shot through the roof and I got back up for about 15 minutes. Back to bed at 1:57. Back up at 5:30 to pee, right back to sleep. My husband got up at 7:47 and it woke me. I didn’t get up, but stay laying peacefully until 8:12. So in last night’s experiment, I cut the supplements in half. Only got 3 hours uninterrupted instead of 4.

(Daisy) #311

The burger patties didn’t quite cut it today! Will post more in a few.

(Edith) #312

Ha, ha, ha, that’s how I eat liver, too.

Mrs. Bear has let down the name of Bear, as she is a tiny, 5’4” (49 yo) yoga instructor with Italian heritage. She is more of a cat. She is a recovering vegetarian LCHF eater. The big (real) Bears in the Bear family are all of Northern European stock like you see in films with Vikings or barbarians. My brothers and I are all 6 and a half feet tall. But none of us can hold a handstand.

(Daisy) #314

She’s gorgeous! And glad to hear the recovering part before vegetarian!

I came in from doing manual labor all day and the burger patties didn’t cover it. Threw a frozen ribeye in the air fryer and 15 minutes later had this beauty!

Great posts on the board!

@FrankoBear
you are having a blast with your digital photos. Seems like Mrs. B and B the dog are just enjoying their lives in such a beautiful location. You lucky guy you!!

-------------- :scream: SNOW :unamused::scream:

3-4 on the ground. way more coming. OMG I SO am not this person and I live in the ‘friggin’ south’ but NC is more about snow now than heat it seems. MY BUTT when I get the chance in a few yrs is outta here and going MORE South where I know it ain’t gonna be a snow event!!!

Today is nice Tbone steak and I got mini meatloaf and 2 leftover chicken wings for second meal. Family is having a fish fry today. Snow means bored so hubby and kid are frying up flounder filets and having a goof off time in the kitchen. I might fry a filet plain for me ya know but I am not a fishy gal ever so I doubt I will bother.

As much as I used to love kitchen parties that come up thru whatever event in the house, I hate dealing with food meals anymore. I SO enjoy my super simple, never focus on ‘meals’ ya know and all the crazy that goes with it, of course being a NO lover of the kitchen ever, it suits me but this family meal time tonight, I am not even gonna poke my nose into this kitchen disaster mess coming at us. Hubby and kid will use every plate, spoon, bowl and more in the kitchen to fry a few filets, shoot me now please HAHA

Carnivore on strong ya’ll.
Our lifestyle suits me SO well that it hits not only my nutritional levels I require and freedom from dieting it gives me, it always suits my personality of hating cooking meals so…win win for this ol’ gal on this plan :sparkling_heart:

(Robin) #316

Same here. I keep thinking I’ll get my act together and at least do a nice roast or brisket to share. But so far, those thoughts have not manifested any action. I’m not motivated to be motivated.

meal 1 in the pan right now :slight_smile:
IMG_20220116_105458_548

YUM comin’ at me

(Daisy) #318

Day 18 Lion diet: meal one was lamb chuck chops. Meal two was New York strips. Sleep: Supplements: 200 mg 5-htp taken right before bed. In bed at 10 pm, with earplugs, on my back with prayer and deep breath. I feel like I fell asleep fairly quickly. Up at 11:48 with massive anxiety. Up for 12 minutes. Back to bed, tossed and turned a little. Up at 3:30 to pee. Went back to bed and tossed and turned a good bit over the next 3 hours until I was wide awake at 6:30. Lay in bed for awhile, then got up 7 minutes before my alarm at 6:53. Felt groggy this morning, like this journal was a struggle to recollect.

(Karen) #319

Brunch was small sauted chicken in butter n melted cheese. Had a bit more cheese… soft brie.

Dinner was the pork loin chop and sirloin steak.

Had a busy day. I woke a few times through the night but overall not too bad as good night’s go with me. Then did the 100 flights of stair runs.

My pair of pink passion cordylines arrived last night so I put them into pots and put them outside. Nice that I now have quite a few plants outside that I had to move the other 2 smaller cordylines to fit them by the patio doors. They are bigger and a beautiful colour.

Couldn’t resist popping out to Wilkos this afternoon and getting 2 more of the cheapo smaller cordylines. I am sure once they get their growing spurt they will start making an impact. Got some other cheap plants, compost some planters and a hanging chain cos I have made a bird feeder out of a candle holder. I have done the fixings and done the wood for hanging it on I just have to fix the wood outside maybe tomorrow afternoon. Played around making some other hanging feeders for suet blocks out of an old pair of fishnet tights so I can put them up when I move the hanging feeders from the shed to hang from the feeder I made this afternoon hahaha… its all trial and error. I am still such a novice at it all

I will take a piccie of the feeder when I have fixed it and have all the food on it lol.

Back to work tomorrow albeit I won’t actually be working but it will break the ice going in… wonder how well i will sleep tonight!

(Robin) #320

You won me over at Fishnet tights! LOL

Nice plant and food photos! Oh and some folks have summer… I am fine with winter now, frosty but only a bit and we have bright sunshine all day every day… But I am not often outside.

We did shopping and I plan to go to my 1st of January strictness PLUS no coffee. We will see but this will be the monthly group fast week so I should do OMAD at the very least! It would be so nice to do it.

I have supplies. I didn’t find the Hungarian Grey sausage (they had expensive wild boar, horse and probably deer sausages), forgot to check out the tiny mutton selection, saw beef liver but didn’t want it then (stupid big plastic box :frowning: I already had one with 2 smaller turkey wings inside. I like when we both have our own).
I bought very fatty and quite lean pork, no chuck this time but I can just buy it in the village later.
And processed meat and cheese :smiley: Camambert and Masdaam, I tasted both so maybe I won’t eat more except if they will help with boredom.
A few items have a closer expiration date (if the cheese doesn’t count, only the pork belly, I tasted that too, it’s nice as always) so my eggs and pork time can’t be very long but I hardly could do it anyway. Pork shoulders, my preference of yolks at the moment, some leftover sausage fat and the pork belly… I don’t see any leaner days in my near future. OMAD will be needed.

My weekend wasn’t carnivore at all, I just continued what started days before and Alvaro’s Mom had food (meat but not pure meat) and whatever but I am serious now. For real. Every little practice helps, one day I will behave for a whole month I am sure. (I will try it every month until summer. I don’t know why my beginning of January was so problematic with (less than) zero appetite and eating too much simultaneously, I have skills… I blame my December carbs, they must have had some long lasting effects. or I don’t know. whatever, I try again, Mondays are best for that).

But I do my best to be scarce for multiple reasons. I very much expect a good week from me and I will be very disappointed if I fail. In other words, I am determined and that is quite powerful.