Christmas Carnivore

Who has every intention of holding tight carnivore on the holiday.

I am :slight_smile: the other food the family is having is just not a big enough draw for me to even consider going off plan.

family wants my mom’s lasagna and she is making it. I have a filet mignon and tons of shrimp so I am good. That lasagna is good it doesn’t draw me in as a must have in my life.

So I am covered on the big day.

I will drink. A few ‘sugar free fruit punch’ and rum drinks. Can’t do much tho cause alcohol tolerance has dropped so much on carnivore. I just can’t drink or have a huge draw for it at all anymore…which I guess is a good thing?? LOL

So who is with me…who is holding plan tight and keep our carnivore for the big day?

Lets chat it out :slight_smile:

('Jackie P') #2

I’m keto as opposed to carnivore and intend to stick to my plan (pretty much)!. I am in charge of the catering and have a good spread planned.
On the day, breakfast will be as usual … nothing.
Lunch, turkey, pigs in blankets, cauliflower puree, sprouts and bacon, beans and brocolli. I have made a sugar free cranberry sauce and some good bone broth gravy. Last year I had a parsnip and a small potato - just to check my cooking was up to scratch😁. I may do again.
I am making a keto friendly raspberry mousse.
Later I have a selection of cheeses and pates, chaffles and nordic bread with a few pickles.
Add to that a few squares of 90% chocolate and some good coffee. Oops nearly forgot the gin and slimline and a glass of wine😂
Maybe a little overindulgence but I fail to see where the deprivation is.:santa: Merry Christmas!

(Elizabeth ) #3

I’m totally staying carnivore this is my second Christmas carnivore and I’m just a few weeks away from two full years. I’ve bought a beautiful prime rib and I’m going to steam some shrimp and bake some salmon and eat to my heart’s content. My children are bringing their carby foods to the dinner but just like last year I’m not going to taste them. I feel too good to take a chance on not feeling good :slight_smile:

(Not a cow) #4

I’m with you Fang, sort of, but I love me a filet, so its surf and turf for me too.

Still transitioning to carny, but I’m planning rib-eye and lobster for breakfast, with a shrimp and salmon lunch, and then off to friends for a big beef and ?? whatever else is there. ( I’m bringing the beef ).

Hostess is East Asian, so I am expecting a lot of vege’s, starches and sweet sauces to turn down, and I am prepared to go without. They know I eat Keto, and restrict myself of all of their delicious starchy fav’s like noodles, rice, dumplings etc.

Tuesday night is with my kids, at my daughters, and I will eat before I go, and if she has any meat appetizers, I’m in. She said don’t worry there will be meat meals for me.

As for alcohol, I’m still treating myself to a couple of low carb beers, maybe 4 over those two days, and then one more before Jan 1.

So far I am still consuming, olive oil, hot sauce, horseradish, and some lettuce and Caesar dressing when I have eaten out. I think all but hot sauce has to go before Jan 1. Have been able to eliminate cheese and fat bombs last week (7 days now), and it was so easy peasy, it surprised me. Usually heavy anxiety when I’m down to less than a brick of cheese in the fridge.

Had a couple of very bad carb days during the month, but back on track again…never to do that again, hopefully.

Merry Meatmas

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #5

I’m carnivore adjacent and intend to stay on plan. Fresh oysters and prime rib sliced cold.

Alcohol tolerance is low so for me it will be just a couple glasses of red wine (cabernet likely).

(Edith) #6

I will be dirty carnivore. Meat with a few tastes here and there.

We are having Berkshire pork ham and shrimp for the meat. Side dishes will have dairy which I can’t eat due to allergy. I planned it that way. :joy:
Appetizers will include a liver mousse spread on pork rinds among other keto type items.

I may have a piece of keto gingerbread pound cake for my Christmas splurge.

Fangs, we have a problem, it’s the height of mango season.:mango:

I’ll definitely apply your carnivore mix of seafood (prawns, rock lobster) and the meat of the feast table, likely will be ham and bird.

(Not a cow) #8

That sounds wonderful, I think I will do that too, maybe over the holidays, but just for me. :wink:

(Elizabeth ) #9

Oh I forgot, I was gifted an 18 year single malt, might have one a day occasionally this week

(Not a cow) #10

We are a long way away Elizedge, from beer to scotch, but I would be willing to make the sacrifice. haha.

(Daisy) #11

Dirty carnivore here. I made a couple keto treats that I WILL practice moderation with. I need the practice lol. I made very little comparatively to previous years, but it’s the only time I allow myself to try out a few recipes. I made keto bark and keto pb cookies. Both with less than half the sweetener called for

That would be me. The sugary :poop: has no appeal to me anymore.
I’ll have some red wine, and found some zero sugar infused vodka that I’m planning to have with seltzer or mineral water.

I don’t think I could forget this!
Not sure who your friend is, but I need friends like that!

This :arrow_double_up: exactly!

(Pete A) #14

I will stick to carnivore. I may have a couple of bourbons and mini binge some dessert at the family gathering… we shall see :slight_smile:

(Mark Nelson) #15

Woke up with one of my partners today and the offer of chaffles is like the pull of the Dark Side is to Rey. As I struggle with the decision I’ve got a far off look in my eyes, my thoughts cut over to a similar but different kitchen, the lighting darker except for the beam of light over that plate of chaffles, calling my being…

I may have just seen “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” yesterday

In any case , like Rey I will resist today and have bacon and eggs. I do plan on staying on track the rest of the holiday too. That reminds me I need to take a trip to the farmer where my meat is being stored so I can re up on my cow!

(Susan) #16

I am planning on only eating Turkey -I am not carnivore, but I might as well be that day.

I am making a Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and a few very non-Keto vegetable dishes, a cranberry-pineapple frozen salad that my kids love, and a large Cheesecake for desert that is in the freezer (and has 12 slices in 4 different flavours).

Since the only thing from all that I can have is the Turkey, I am just going to have that =). When I cook I am always so busy making sure everyone else has everything they need that I rarely eat much on those special occasions even pre-Keto, so I know that this will not be an issue. Once they are on desert, I will just do all my dishes and clean up during that time. That always takes me a while anyway, (because I don’t have a dishwasher), so good timing for me to do that while they are eating desert, and all their cookies, and chocolates and drinking.

(Susan) #17

My daughter frequently has big gatherings where she cooks up a storm. After dinner, before dessert, she has all the guests clean up and do the dishes and then she serves dessert.
The first time I saw her do this I was shocked and embarrassed. Then as I got to know her friends, I came to realize this is how most of them do it. I also realized it is an awesome way to do things. Another thing that happens is she often gets donations of money from guests. Because she supplies everything, those who can, chip in a few bucks.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #18

I could use some friends like her’s.

(Susan) #19

Just realized I meant to post that on Susan’s thread.

I’m with you Fangs. :slight_smile: Totally carnivore with a big MERRY CHRISTMAS to all. :heart::heart::heart: