Christmas Carnivore

great posts to read :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I am so glad the carnivores are holding their eating!!! I know we have some into keto/carnivore eaters and it seems they are holding their bit of holiday splurge to a mini amount so that is cool also!!!

Ohhhh, a lot of us have a few drinks on the table…I like that LOL

You know I find I would rather allow for the drink than food. But the alcohol has to be limited, I just can’t do it like my old self on carnivore. but hey I will give it a whirl for the holiday.

I think we will all get thru this in fine form.

I truly see holidays so differently now in that they just are not ALL ABOUT the food anymore. That kinda what it was for me growing up, it was all the social gathering ALL around the dinner table. It truly was so twisted about the food. Heck we see this everywhere. Older time only a few big holidays did certain food be prepared and enjoyed. Truly it was magical you know. Now in our age it seems most of us have such a supply of stuff around so much, that food is just never holds any traditional, time honored, magical feeling to me. Which is probably a good thing :slight_smile:, I don’t want life to be about food anymore. I did my time in that lane, it was wonderful when I changed lanes~!!

(Edith) #22

I was buying groceries yesterday to get ready for the holiday meals and I have to admit, I was having nostalgia pain about the special treats we bought for fun during the holiday such as Ghiardellis (sp?) peppermint bark, baking Christmas cookies, making my homemade toffee…

ahhhh, bring out the sugar in monster truckloads…heehee…I sure get that! It was great eating all that junk when younger for me.

For us that darn turkey took center stage and I never really liked it anyway HA So glad I will never do another turkey my entire life on any holiday or any day of my life now. I got control over the food now, when I had to eat what mom cooked I just keep thinking, omg, not another freaking turkey! LOL

(Elizabeth ) #24

You’re such a cheerleader and support thank you. My main motivation I think is my two year carniversary is January 15th and I’m going in for blood work again. I do that every 6 months but I’m expecting to see my best numbers ever :slight_smile:

Thanks…we got a great carnivore group here. I love the dediction of those doing the plan well. I think that is all the benefits we receive come from…being on plan and holding our own fort on it :slight_smile:

Best numbers yet! That is so good you have that record of knowing you are improving and your numbers are so darn good. Carnivore gives us that!! 2 year carniversary is so exciting!!! Jan. 15 will come up fast on us and when it does, we will throw you an online party!!!

(Sue Acres) #26

Im 7 weeks CV from keto background. Totally rocked christmas, surf and turf for me. And maybe a few gin and sodas might have been sneaked in…

HI and welcome!!

surf and turf is a great way to eat thru the holidays for sure :wink:

those few drinks I think snuck in for a few of us also…lol

7 weeks is getting good into the zero carb lifestyle! How do you feel? Any positive changes and more that have you excited about eating this way? Just curious :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #28

Going ZC Carnivore post blood work mid-February. I need to have a conversation with my spouse and see what reaction I get. But I guess that is my problem.

I’m going to start with beef and bacon. And then after maybe 3 weeks add in eggs and then butter and see what happens. WIll slowly introduce other carnivore foods, fish and dairy if my body says it it is okay.

I will try to give up coffee before I start. Will be salt and meet.

What brand of bacon do people eat with minimal or no additives?

(Bob M) #29

That would be pork belly. Seriously, I don’t think you can make bacon without some additives. I guess you could use just salt or pink salt (with nitrates/trites). I’m not sure of anyone that actually does that, though.

Quitting coffee? That’s hardcore! :grinning:

(Bob M) #30

You could try 30 days of bacon:

He lost 20 pounds by eating 60 pounds of bacon. Dropped his blood pressure by 30 points.

This worked out to 244 grams of protein and 164 grams of fat roughly after being cooked. That is roughly 2500 calories.

(Bob M) #31

Hmmm…maybe a bacon experiment isn’t great. It might be that American pork is too high in PUFAs:

I still eat regular old store brand bacon. It is the one I like the best out of all the ones I did try. Many don’t put much weight in the ingredients in bacon, most of us do very well on it. So it is a personal choice on that one.

Your spouse…ahhh, you are the experimenter type from what I read from you on the board and I think if you just walk into it like that, just a ‘wanna see what it does for ya’ I think you will sail thru any big bad discussion I hope :slight_smile:

Make bacon your ‘side’ ya know. Don’t rely on it heavily. Keep that beef as your focal point. Adding in eggs etc. down the line later is a great way to see what effects you and what you do very well on. Good move.

Can’t wait to see how it goes down for you :slight_smile: I think tho you got smarts for sure in this lc game so I think you will thrive on it! You know what you’re doing :slight_smile:

(Edith) #33

Hum… we’ve had a pork heavy week, since before Christmas. My body is now revolting. Maybe that’s why.

@daddyoh I love US Wellness Meats bacon. Unfortunately I’ve yet to find a decent bacon in the stores, sigh. Also haven’t been able to try White Oak Pastures bacon cause it’s always sold out, lol.

(Shane) #35

I let my hair down over Christmas.
A couple of weeks ago I ate a small raspberry and half an M&M. In the last week I’ve had a very small taste of a plum and an apricot in the garden.
We did the family thing here on the 22nd. The kids turned up as I was eating my beef mince and eggs. We swapped pressies and kicked them out without feeding them. I really have to recommend not feeding anyone when you host the get together. It makes the whole day much easier to put on. My weight was down again the next morning. NY eve was beef and eggs, no drinking. NY day same as every other day in previous weeks. And weight down nearly every morning during that time. Even the last 2 days after adding back dairy.

Tomorrow morning’s weigh in will be interesting. I had about 500g of beef, 500g of sour cream and most of the pork roast my OH cooked herself to eat over the next few days (she has high ion and mainly eats pork). She wasn’t really impressed with my eating skills. I think some women are never happy.
Now to get back on track for the new year