Crafts
Seasonal Family Traditions
Church Events

No rulesšŸ¤£

Enjoy
Merry Christmas

Thanks for Playing

Christmas 2019 - OFFICIAL Share your decor Thread

Fun! So my decorations in general are pretty lame so far but I am really proud of this:

I knit my first xmas stocking! Up until now my knitting consisted of scarves and a couple of hats. This one is for me since I expected the first one to suck I made mine first and it actually turned out okay! I made a few mistakes but theyā€™re probably something only I will notice. Though I will be making 1 change to the rest and that is making them a little bigger. This one is about and inch smaller than the pattern said- probably due to my knitting tension so Iā€™m going to fix that for the rest of them :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas!

(Doug) #3

(Janelle) #4

I donā€™t celebrate Christmas but friends and family do so Iā€™m weaving up some candy cane kitchen towels.

(Allie) #5

I never have any decorations, not worth the hassle. Always made an effort for my son as I wanted him to have the magic of Christmas that I never had, but not worth it these days. If I did have decs Iā€™d spend the whole time untangling cats anyway :joy:

(less is more, more or less) #6

Great idea, another thread I look forward to. My dog N=1ā€™ed me on canine advice I was skeptical about, so what was to be a day of decorating converted to a day of cleanup.

(KCKO, KCFO) #7

Wow, that is lovely. Once upon a time, I corded & spun wool and did weavings. Seems like another life time ago, the 80s.

(less is more, more or less) #8

Iā€™m decorating my house with some homemade LCHF eggnog

(Lazy, Dirty Keto šŸ˜) #9

(KCKO, KCFO) #10

Love the mixer. Can not stand eggnog. Too much milk and I love my eggs cooked, not raw.

Do you use an alternative to either the milk or raw eggs?

(less is more, more or less) #11

Sorry on the eggs, but, no, no egg alternative. I love ā€œpoofingā€ up the egg whites. Iā€™m far more comfortable in the kitchen than last Advent. I used almond milk, as per the recipe.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto šŸ˜) #12

Please send some to Baltimore :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a tradition every year of making coquito (Puerto Rican eggnog, basically). Guess Iā€™ll have to find a way to ketofy it this year!

(less is more, more or less) #13

Converting recipes to LCHF is a fun challenge. Shall we call yours co-keto?

(Lazy, Dirty Keto šŸ˜) #14
  1. I didnā€™t even think to google Keto coquito! I guess Iā€™m not the only PR person doing Keto :joy:

2. Co-Keto, I love it! :joy: thatā€™s literally the most perfect name :grin:

(KCKO, KCFO) #15

This one sounds better, I am also not a fan of condensed milk, but this coconut milk you condense yourself does sound like something to try. I like this recipe better than the original posted one. I try to stay away from brown colored spirits, stick to the clear ones, less carbs.

I have never made eggnog but I might give this one a try. Thanks for the postings.

(Troy) #16

Egg Nog wow

Found it!
Hereā€™s one recipe to possibly easily convert
Use @Digital_Dave famous crust :smile:

Egg Nog Pie

I actually do make an Eggnog Cheese Cake as well, but have not converted it to a Keto-Friendly version yet. ā€¦ But since thereā€™s a Keto Eggnog recipe also posted above, might have to take a look into it. :slight_smile: Thanks

(less is more, more or less) #18

Thereā€™s no accounting for taste. I thought this looked good but my wife said; ā€œEwwww.ā€ Whatever.

Watching the video I see I didnā€™t fold my egg whites into the nog. You can make this recipe using your own keto eggnog and this pie crust.

Iā€™m still digging that I get power tools in the kitchen, i.e. that nice mixer in the photo.

Iā€™ll get that right next time.

This is my son. He learned 3 Christmas songs this week so he could go busk to earn money for Christmas.

(KCKO, KCFO) #20

That suit will draw a crowd. It has a life of its own :christmas_tree: