Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayonnaise at Costco

(christa) #1

While prefer to make my own mayo, I don’t always have time, or don’t need much and don’t want it to go to waste. So I like to have a jar of store-bought mayo on hand—but of course, most of the store-bought stuff is made with canola or soybean oil. Even Kewpie, the Japanese mayo I love!

Anyway: I found this Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo at Costco ($7.99 for 24 fl. oz.). With a hint of rosemary, it has a decent flavor (nowhere close to homemade, but so it goes).

Heads up that it does contain honey, but not in a large enough quantity for it to register as 1 carb (I do count a serving of it as 1 carb anyway, though).

Just thought I’d pass on this find!

(Megan) #2

Yay! I’ll have to look for that!

Sounds tasty

Wish I would have seen this today when I was there! Next time, thanks for sharing.

(Jennifer) #5

We are almost through our first jar. Great stuff…

(G. Andrew Duthie) #6

Shame about the honey, but I do like the Chosen Foods avocado oil, so this looks to be a pretty good option when we don’t have time to make our own. Most of the stuff we usually have as a backup is either soybean oil or canola (yuk!).

(Mike W.) #7

I know my wife and I can’t be the only ones who thought this was AWFUL! It tasted like Miracle Whip, not mayo…yuck!
Free to good home : 1 jar of this blech :joy:

I buy this brand of avocado oil in Costco, and I just noticed this mayo the other day as they were loading the shelves with it. I was initially excited at the option, but here in Canada it will run you $10.99 a jar, which is pretty steep for oil & egg yolks in my opionion, so I passed on it based on price. No idea why they would need to add honey though? I will stick with small fresh batches made at home, but its a good option if you don’t mind the price and you eat a lot of mayo. Far superior I’m sure to Miracle Whip or Hellmans made with canola oil

(Jacquie) #9

I tend to make my own mayo, too, but I do keep Hellman’s handy, just in case. They now have an olive oil mayo that is available at Superstore.

I’ll have to check that out at Superstore - last time I looked at one that said olive oil, it turned out to be a blend with canola oil too! Sneaky labelling! It would be handy for BBQ season coming soon!

(Jacquie) #11

Just checked the label. Yes, it contains both oils. Won’t be using it anytime soon. Thanks for the heads up. :slight_smile:

(christa) #12

Well, the texture is too dense for my taste, but I still like it alright! But fair enough.

(Brian) #13

You’re not the only ones!

I saw the refined sugar free and did not read the ingredients list. First time I used it, licked the spoon and about snapped my head off twisting around to find out “where that sugar come from.” Grabbed the jar and saw the honey listed. to me it tastes like a cheep imitation of Miracle Whip and I do not like Miracle whip, but really like reg Mayo and use to use a lot of mayo til started trying to avoid soybean oil. I so dislike this stuff went back to using Kraft of Dukes on occasion even with the soy and I have a 3/4 open jar of Chosen Foods Avocado Mayo in the frig.

(eat more) #14

nasty!
i haaaate miracle whip :barf:

(Jacquie) #15

Totally agree with ya! :smile:

(Tom) #16

I only half-read the title, so this is the first thing I thought:

(Cathy) #17

I have an unopened jar but might return it if it really tastes like Miracle Whip… hate that stuff.

(roxanna) #18

I love this mayo!

Great price. It’s more than twice that at Amazon.

(Jennifer) #20

You know I didn’t even think to compare it to Miricle Whip. I like them all but haven’t bought MW in a long time due to the soybean oil. I just happen to have some olive oil Hellman’s and the Avocado Mayo open in the fridge (certain people in my house can NEVER find open jars in the fridge and open up brand new jars all the time. I’m like WTH?). I’ll do a taste test tomorrow after I finish my 5 day fast and let you know.