Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayonnaise at Costco

(Jennifer) #21

Ok, clarification. It isn’t Hellman’s, it’s Kraft’s Mayo with Olive oil. The Kraft’s Mayo is rather bland and a bit “Eggie” tasting. While the Chosen Foods mayo has more of a tang from the vinegar and dry mustard. I like it a lot more than the Kraft’s stuff. A lot more flavor.

Hope that helps!

(Dustin) #22

cool, thanks

(Mike W.) #23

I believe the Kraft mayo with Olive Oil also has soybean…

(Brian) #24

If I remember correctly it’s also lower fat than standard Mayo has an extra carb and olive oil is not the primary oil/fat

(Roberto) #25

i hate sugar in mayo (or honey) so i’m buying an immersion blender to make my own…Heather has a video on how to make it, i hope it made it on the forums-- she explains it very well

(G. Andrew Duthie) #26

The key is to use a container (either the one that comes with the blender, or a mason jar or similar) that is close to the width of the blender head. We have never had a batch of mayo “break” and we use the beaker that came with our stick blender.

(Jim Priestley) #27

Unfortunately last I looked at the Helmans Olive Oil Mayo, it only was partially OO, and the rest was bad veggie oil…

(Jacquie) #28

Yep. It’s canola. :frowning:

(Bacon for the Win) #29

we make our own for that very reason. I don’t use a lot of mayo, but when I do use it I don’t want creeping carbs in my food. We’ve made it in the food processor and with an immersion blender. The immersion blender is much easier, faster and comes out consistently better.

A few days ago I made it with avocado oil, by far my favorite mayo yet. Love the taste and the texture, Unfortunately hubs is allerrgic to avocados and loves mayo so this will be a once-in-a-while endeavor.

(Cathy) #30

I finally got around to trying out this mayo and was pleased with it. I still prefer homemade but because I just don’t use it up before it ‘expires’, it is very wasteful. This is a great alternative.

(Roberto) #31

Hey- the light olive olive oil works really good… I’m just not sure how it’s processed so won’t buy it again until I find out…meanwhile we use regular olive oil b/c we both don’t mind the taste and use it for salad alot with extra vinegar/salt/pepper

(Norma Laming) #32

Macadamia nut oil?

(Joe Schuyler) #33

It’s over, Hellman’s- I have the high ground!

(Mike Glasbrener) #34

I’m currently buying primal kitchen mayo. You’ve got to love the ingredient list!
Crap. Can’t paste a pic.

Here’s an amazon link though. A local market near me sells it too.
https://www.amazon.com/Primal-Kitchen-Avocado-Whole30-Approved/dp/B00ZAD36ZS?th=1

(Joe Schuyler) #35

Primal Kitchen’s stuff really is delicious, but very pricey IMO. If you haven’t tried the chipotle style of their mayo, I would highly recommend it.

(Mike Glasbrener) #36

Yes it’s pricy. When I make coleslaw it drives the cost of it up. But at the end of the day my coleslaw probably works out to maybe 75 cents a serving and I’m confident that I’m being healthy. So for me the choice is clear. I’ll have to see if they carry other flavors.

(Mandi) #37

I love the Primal Kitchen mayo and I appreciate that I have no worries about the quality of the ingredients. Pricey but worth it IMO.

I like Hellman’s a lot and the few times I have needed mayonnaise have used it. Would make my own but it would expire long before it was used up.

Years ago I tried the Hellman’s olive oil version and absolutely hated it. Anyone know if this or the primal kitchen one is tastier or how they compare?

I’ve never liked mayonnaise- I was raised a miracle whip girl. But when I found this at a local grocery store I decided to try it. I’m hooked!! It’s a little on the pricey side(almost $12 a jar), but for me it’s totally worth it for the good flavor. 497F9CE8-7CA2-47BB-BBA0-36264C0CA70B34BD179A-AD1E-4F3A-A589-F77B4B8E2EE4

I’d encourage everyone to look for stuff from the brand Tessemae’s. The mayo and salad dressings are incredible. I hated the avocado mayo from Costco but maybe that was just me, too much tang. Reminded me of Miracle Whip.

124E5EFF-A398-4C22-968B-587399174F65