Cholesterol levels

(Scott) #1

Hi,
I am new to the forum so hi to all, love the pod cast and find them very helpful. I have been doing keto for about 6 months and have lost about 15kg and feeling great. I had a blood test done the other day and all my level’s were good except for cholesterol. My doctor wants to start me on medication but I am hesitant about it as I feel good and one of my plans were to get off medication.
Any advise on level’s and how to bring them down on a keto diet.

[rotated image - carolT]

split this topic #2

5 posts were split to a new topic: Salt and inflammation related to CVD

I am still looking for the original study that I read on this but one doctor is speaking out against the medical community in regard to a similar finding.

He states "
Simply stated, without inflammation being present in the body, there is no way that cholesterol would accumulate in the wall of the blood vessel and cause heart disease and strokes. Without inflammation, cholesterol would move freely throughout the body as nature intended. It is inflammation that causes cholesterol to become trapped. "

Overall, he is saying that inflammation is the main reason for cholesterol issues. So by eliminating factors that cause I inflammation, you eliminate the risk.

I am still looking though…

(Solomom A) #5

Your numbers look great. You may watch the Fat Emperor’s video to set your mind at ease.

You can also watch Dave of cholesterolcode.com videos on why your LDL sometimes go up on LCHF
https://youtu.be/jZu52duIqno

Sorry, you need more salt than you may be having, there is an excellent podcast on this very site done a few weeks ago.

Your change in HDL/trigs looks great! That is an indication that your cholesterol content is headed in the right direction, regardless of total count. You may want to take a look at the cholesterol forum for more background information and the fallibility of standard testing procedures.

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/health/cholesterol

(ianrobo) #9

This is it, every Keto advocate says roughly the same thing. However I tried to get this over to others tied into believing statins work and they can not get their heads around it as for them - high cholesterol (regardless of type) means heart attack …

That’s called brain washing

(Kristin Rogers) #10

The inflammation piece I knew about it was the salt aspect that confused me, but I see it’s been moved to a different topic thread…

Sorry about the confusion. It seemed best to make that a separate topic rather than sidetrack from the OP’s concerns.

(Scott) #12

Hi, Thanks to all that commented and provided some advice and ideas much appreciated.
I will have a look at my salt levels and may add a bit more.
I really did not want to give up my bacon and eggs,
Thanks Regards Scott