Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

(Tim W) #11

Thanks for sharing!

That’s a lot of work (if you don’t have all materials on hand…).

Guess I’ll keep buying mine at the store :smile:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #12

I don’t find it to be that much work. Most of it is waiting, and the reward is yogurt that tastes as good or better than what I can buy, but with less carbohydrate content.

But everybody has their own preferences when it comes buy vs. make, and I respect that.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #13

@devhammer I agree on the likely connection between brand and dryness. Mine were moist, the last one today (4 days later) was a bit on the dry side. I tossed the jar and can’t recall the brand… bummer. It was peanuts and salt only for ingredients, I’ll post it later if it pops into my head.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #14

This sounds over the top awesome… I’ll try it this coming weekend!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #15

I have to make a Costco run (out of Truvia…eek!), so I may pick up some of the Kirkland PB. My family doesn’t like it as much as the Smuckers, but it’s also just peanuts and salt, but a slightly smoother texture. Might make better cookies.

Separate question… Where do you get your Swerve? I got my last bag at Amazon, and I’m almost out. Just wondering if there’s someplace cheaper.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #16

I made 15 cookies from the batch, so about 2 net / 3.2 total carbs per cookie including the chocolate chips. I didn’t calculate fat, I don’t track it, and have tossed the jar

I have a L’equip dehydrator that makes yoghurt, but I’ll be using it this week to make clotted cream!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #18

@devhammer I purchase Swerve at a number of grocery stores, although I’ve found the confectioner only at Fresh Thyme, which sells at the same price as Amazon. I still buy from Amazon too. I’m in WI and have found it at Woodman’s and Meijer too. Thrive carries it, and I just now see it’s on sale… I’m about to hit buy on my 1st Thrive purchase :blush:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #19

Let us know how this PB works!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #20

@KetoSue if you have a spice or coffee grinder you can grind granulated to confectioners. Let us know how granulated works! I used creamy, but crunchy would be a good addition, in particular if you’re not adding chocolate chips.

(Susan) #21

@Becky. Just replied on the “what did you eat today?” thread — the cookies were a huge success (i.e., husband & I both loved them). Still going to buy the confectioners version of Swerve for my pantry but the coffee grinder worked really well.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #22

My last batch, I did half granulated and half powdered, and they came out just fine. Also added a little butter and avocado oil, which made for a slightly softer texture (though the cookies spread a little during baking).

One thing I found out the hard way, though…do NOT eat these to break a fast. 'nuff said. :grin:

(Tim W) #23

I’ve found very few things that don’t initiate the reaction you allude to when breaking a fast. I generally have a similar reaction within an hour or two, then things settle down. Have you found anything that doesn’t stimulate the response?

(G. Andrew Duthie) #24

I think it depends on how long you’ve been fasting. I’ve read from others that eggs are generally pretty well-tolerated.

I sometimes schedule my fasts from Thursday evening to Sunday morning, and break my fast with bacon and eggs. I haven’t had major problems with that, but it’s only a 60 hour fast, so that may also factor in.

(Jacob Wagner) #25

I made it. It was a big hit with the family but it tasted kindof off to me. I think I will try a different sweetener next time.

–Jacob

I am a big fan of this recipe, I have made it a few times now. Most recently I added a few tablespoons of cream cheese to the recipe and blended it in well with the peanut butter / sweetener / egg mixture before adding chips. It turned out really well!

Also I like to use cacao nibs instead of Lily’s chocolate chips, but only because that is all I have. Eventually I will try with Lily’s!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #28

Thank you @nalien2000, I will try the cream cheese.

(Sophie) #29

You might want to just add a 2nd egg if they are turning out dry.

(Susan) #30

Just popped into to print this recipe for my husband so he can make them while I’m out of town (I’ve been making them for a few years now & have it memorized :slightly_smiling_face:). I double the recipe using 1 cup crunchy & 1 cup smooth peanut butter and also add a dash of vanilla extract, probably a teaspoon or a little bit more. Have also started using 1/2 cup of the Lily’s chocolate salted caramel chips with 1/2 cup of the Lily’s dark baking chips, he seems to like that combination best—and so do I! Yum :cookie: