Chocolate Cake! By Zorn

(Brian) #41

Thanks, CandyLindTX,

I had a chance to Google a little about plant estrogens, and it was interesting seeing how different foods line up.

After seeing actual amounts, the almonds didn’t stack up all that badly, not much higher than broccoli, cabbage, and green beans. Hmmm. Maybe that was a little overblown, especially since I eat relatively small amounts of almonds. But flax, by comparison, was huge.

(Missy) #42

@Brenda

The topping says Chocolate buttercream but there is no butter in the ingrediments. Did you forget to add butter to the recipe? Or topping ingrediments are correct as per OP?

(mary6aros) #43

I made that, and it was glorious :laughing: the cream is whipped to a thick consistency. My kids and I thought it tasted like an ice cream brand we used to buy.

(Candy Lind) #44

Came to get your chocolate cake recipe for hubby’s birthday today, and saw this two-plus-year old reply. You don’t taste the kraut in the German Chocolate any more than you taste the zucchini in yours. I can’t ‘splain it, but that’s the way it is! I have gotten rave reviews on that G.C. Cake every time.