Chocolate Cake! By Zorn

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

NOTE:
To keep green specks out of your batter, peel the zucchini first before shredding.

Frosting
(TJ Borden) #2

You have my attention!!!

That looks too good to be true, and looks like my project for this weekend.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

Well keep in mind, any sweetener can raise your insulin. But if you’re committed to keto for Life a treat like this certainly as welcome every now and then. I’m keto for life so I make things like this occasionally. It is very low carb.

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #4

OMG!

(Candy Lind) #5

On my agenda!

(Tammy Kidd) #6

Happy you and Kevin liked it!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #7

I changed it a bit. I used Swerve and I didn’t use the maltitol chocolate chips.

(mary6aros) #8

Yes, ma’am! I have birthdays approaching, and a previously unhealthy family (meaning we’re getting our health in control, we’ll pay now rather than later) so this might just do for the special days!
I was just talking to my husband about this, and he said " they’re better off without and we should try a new tradition." That’s difficult to present to non-keto extended family. I do kinda feel like you shouldn’t mess with a kid’s birthday cake. Lol

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #9

No reason to keep cake from them when you can make a low carb cake!

(Ethan) #10

I would NEVER have thought zucchini here! You rock!

(Candy Lind) #11

Lots of veggies work for this. The “secret ingredient” to really great German Chocolate Cake is (gasp!) sauerkraut. “Moist factor” goes way up with some veg in the batter.

(Jeremy Storie) #12

This looks amazing! You need to do a cook book.

(Tammy Kidd) #13

People make zucchini bread all the time so why not? lol

I have all the ingredients except the cocoa powder, I should stop by the store and get some so I can try this out :smiley:

(mary6aros) #15

Lol, I just told my hubs, and he says" No way, that’s just… No way!" :joy: Can’t wait to try it!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #16

Tammy Kidd told me about it and she saw something similar on a low carb site. I modified it a bit, but it’s not my original idea. All my pork rind recipes are!

(TJ Borden) #17

@Brenda mmmmm, magical pork rinds. Just one more blessing from the divine swine.

(Rob) #18

That gif is like Beaker from the Muppets came to life!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #19

How? The cake would taste sour!

(Candy Lind) #20

A) you rinse it; B) you don’t use as much as you used in the chocolate cake. It’s undetectable.