Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

HIP HIP
woke up feeling better and that main nerve pain along my butt and down my leg is way less this morning! took darn long enough to heal up more. have to watch it all and be careful walking and turning etc. to not make it worse and so far I feel like it is mending now and hopefully go away sooner than later now!! I woke up feeling like I want a steak :slight_smile: that is a good thing LOL

today I got a nice big ribeye for dinner time. if hungry later I will hit bacon or tuna or sardines or all of that, who knows :wink:

booking a private campground on the beach that is open for business. With being in an rv we are self contained. While restaurants are closed but doing curb side pick up of orders etc. we can do this beach trip and enjoy it. We don’t care about touristy places closed. Surf fishing, relaxing, sunbathing, using their indoor pool they got will be enough for me. I don’t want an active trip, we just want a trip to the nice beach air and just chill and refresh from it. Beach is like medicine to me truly :slight_smile: Won’t be able to metal detect like I would love to do, uneven sand walking would take down my back right now, but that is fine, other times to detect later. This trip will be chill and veg out and just be at the ocean.

got tons of meat to pack and bring with me, I got my eating plan easily covered on this one. my rv kitchen and grill outside gives me everything I could want in one space. Always wish my freezer was bigger in my little kitchen but I can jam a lot of meat in that sucker for myself HA

So I hit the store and got smaller sweatpants. down a size and have barely lost any lbs. as in number off the scale. But inches are leaving and smaller I am getting just eating zero carb. Zero carb rocks to no end :slight_smile: lol

hope everyone is doing well on plan!

zero carb rocks!

@Matamoros Ruth, I had to totally get rid of ALL dairy (a major ugh for me since I LOVE cheese, sigh) to see improvement on the PKD. Even then, my first couple of months were still spent in the bathroom. Last Saturday I was 5 months PKD and my bowels are doing so much better. :smile: Depending on what the bowel issues are it can take over 6 months or more to see results. As I was approaching my 5th month of carnivore/PKD eating my mouth finally got super smooth and super moist. Previously, and for many years, all the tissue in my mouth was almost bone dry. I had gotten used to it over the years and I can’t even begin to describe my delight at the change going on now!!

Since you are so hungry and 400g just doesn’t work for you, I think it’s a great idea to still with the 2:1 fat:protein and continue forward. I thought I saw a Reddit forum called, “KetoAF” that does that. They are very similar to PKD in that they have lots of organ meats and fat but don’t really pay attention to eating such a smaller amount of food.

@Fangs I hope you can heal up from that pain you’ve had soon! :heart:

I’m gonna be trying kidneys for the first time this weekend. I’ll let you guys know how it goes. Stay safe, folks! :heart_eyes:

thanks Renee!

doing better but my knee is bummed a bit still. I kinda went down on it from my back, kinda went sideways, think I nailed the muscles around it.
back better, knee area is now weird LOL I can’t win LOL

kidney,…you are the adventurous one for sure! Let us know how you like them! Eating more nose to tail I am sure has superior nutrition, very cool you try new things like this.

Eating nose to tail has been interesting for sure. @Fangs did you ever order any of those liver chips?

I’ve naturally, that is without conscious thought nor effort, become OMAD.

This COVID crisis has had strange beneficial side effects in my n=1. I hope it does not come across as glib to say that? I feel the stress and concern. And working with the resources available to me.

I think the rationing impulse. That impulse to conserve and extend resources is the key?

I have coffee with UHT cream if I can get it in the morning.

Then out in the sun for 30 minutes. Then a full day of online work and communication check ins with family and community. The is a swimming hole on the property where I live, and I deem going to the beach for a surf as non-essential travel (even though it feels like it is very essential to my own greedy ego). So I swim daily. It’s great to slip under the meniscus where it is quiet for a while. Just me and my heart beat.

Then I’ll eat beef, maybe an egg (eggs are in short supply with all the young mums in the local village home with their kids baking), some sauerkraut, and mushrooms. Because nashi pears are plentiful from autumn harvest, ill have one after dinner with a cup of tea.

I feel healthy and calm.

Thank you! I have been on a cheese binge for a week. I am stopping today and getting back to PKD.

I feel unwell. I have started drinking coffee again, and my bowels are not happy.

Back to square 1.

are you kidding :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I couldn’t handle some of that if you paid me, well you know I am a bit more adventurous and will eat a lot of meat things, but liver chips ain’t on my shopping list just yet.

I did have emu jerky. a bit of gazelle jerkey, kangaroo jerky, camel, mako shark and more. Every vacation I hit a jerky store when I can search one out and I always get packages of weirdo stuff. Me and kid always try them. But of course I have to watch intake, so many use that nasty sugar. But that is about as adventure into other meat I go right now.

That is a fab read FB. I will tell you why you feel healthy and calm. You are eating big protein and fat and that calms a body and heals it and then your brain fog has lifted. You see this crazy of the world in a better context and think clearly about it and do what you need to do to make the crazy of the world fit you, your understanding of small changes you need to make and you rationalize them out well. Brain fog and clear thinking with clean eating is magical to me. Others freak out, I just deal with the situation in smart fashion. I am also that way right now. I am not freaking out by any means. I have a clear head on my shoulder etc and am wandering thru the crazy and bob and weave thru as I need it for me.

In fact how I think on my life issues and situations that arise is clearly superior then before. I see the changes to me and love them :slight_smile: Good post!

Always a great place to run back to at all times :slight_smile: hope you feel better!

But @Fangs, those liver chips are supposed to be soooo tasty, lol. I wish more jerky products would omit the sugar. It’s handy to have stuff like that on hand. Those liver chips seemed kinda pricy to me but I did buy one bag out of curiosity. I’ve been eating daily liver amounts for over 5 months now so I think my taste buds have built up an immunity to the ‘liver’ taste, lol.

This is my hair dresser while I’m in confinement. Her movements were a bit jerky. But I think she is still an apprentice.

This actually made me cry. But I won’t admit that. I am a big bear! (tears of joy) Thanks Fangs. You are wise. Whereas I just tend to make wise-cracks.

oh you did buy a bag of those liver chips? If you are eating liver more and I bet you would have a more common taste to it now for sure. Like hubby grew up eating deer meat and I am still wishy washy on that taste but the more I do eat it the more I grown onto it as ‘normal’. yea I get you on jerky and anything processed for us is pricey. I find I don’t want anything more of a made for me product and don’t need nibbly things anymore in my life. I hit weirdo jerky on vacay cause it gives something for me and kiddo to enjoy together. Her daddy and her enjoy the ice cream palor that I won’t touch HA

Hey you are a breath of fresh fun air on this forum! I love your posts and how you write!

I see the changes in you FB. I can see it in how you write. I found my clearer natural thinking as a wonderful addition to a more natural life being off the junky foods. I love it. I find I can put many issues in this tough world into a better context and make it more of a taste I can bear thru it all. It seems like as our bodies do detox our minds do too, something I love seeing other zc people get, see it for what it is and chat about it and know they are in such a better place.

That roo……hopping with scissors is not recommended HA

Woo…down to a new low again on the scale. Just a small drop of 3/4 lbs. but it is always welcome and my body composition is still going leaner and meaner. I am ZC for life so I just roll along and let it happen as it happens.

Feeling good with back.
That knee now, hmmm, but it is improving a bit. I wish ZC could send me back to age 21 LOL but that ain’t happening :slight_smile: one can wish tho.

Appetite is on a lower scale right now again. I got seafood on the brain for today. Might pair up with some chicken cause heavy beef isn’t a draw right now which is fine. I eat as my body asks. Works well for me to just be in tune with what the body asks for and follow that.

hope everyone is doing great and holding plan and getting great improvements!

The only “nibbly things” I enjoy is to make extra steak and cut up portions of the leftovers into bite size pieces. Love to eat 'em cold from the fridge! :smile:

I like deer meat but yeah, I do think I’ve developed a taste for liver now. Amazing.

I had kidney today and it was sooooooo good. Even my hubby thought it was good although he’d rather stick to steaks, lol. Hope everyone is having a good weekend in spite of all the crazy out there. :heart:

doing well.

eating is not spot on in that I am not satisfied but never leaving plan obviously. I eat a steak, I think why didnt I eat crab? I eat shrimp I think, hmm, a giant cheeseburger patty would have been better…LOL…sign of the crazy times. Boredom. Nothing to do ‘out there’ in a way and that feeling of losing a bit of freedom to wander out there is giving me a bit of cabin fever.

got kid home who should be at school and while I love the kiddo to death, geez louise ya know HAHA but she is making do well, doing online school stuff and not being too much of a pain :slight_smile: :slight_smile: just a mom vent a little HAHA —April 15 bday and gonna be 15 yr old daughter. yea right :slight_smile: communication troubles a bit but not too bad LOL :slight_smile:

anyway all good
tons of meat in the freezer

hubby hit the little smokehouse store down the road yesterday. Got a big smoked boston pork butt. YUM. I ate a ton of it. Massive bowl of meat and fat and omg so yummy. Don’t do pork as much anymore, but this hit the spot.

whatever thru the day today, but got a ribeye with my name on it and ??? will decide later to hit seafood or more meat after that steak.

meat eater unite!! :sunny:

HIP HIP another small drop on the scale. New lows keep happening, but even at a very slow rate I do not care. I am ‘so past’ losing 25 lbs. overnight, ain’t gonna work ever HAHA so now I eat as much as I want in a day, eat so well, feel wonderful, dropped all dieting baggage from my life (omg that is a miracle) and stopped obsessing about food in my life (omg that is a treat literally and a load off my mind truly)-----all cause of zero carb.

Hey I will take the slow losses over and over again thru time. I just eat and eat well. The body changes as it wants and needs and I am cool with just that,

You know it beats the old ‘dieting me’ and the insanity I put on the effort to change myself. What a load off :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Been hankering for the seafood line. Ate some crab legs, yum. Last night I cut my big ribeye in 1/2 and paired with a ton of jumbo shrimp instead of a big 1 lb. steak. Surf and turf…never can go wrong.

today is the other 1/2 of that steak and shrimp also again. Just lovin’ on it right now :slight_smile: more food, um, not very hungry, so thinking maybe a can of tuna and a tin of sardines if I get hungry earlier? yea with food not being a draw right now I can do whatever, whenever and not worry about any of it.

I hope all you zc’ers are doing great :slight_smile: So far so good here.
Stores are stocked fine. I am in a very more rural area. We aren’t on any lockdowns and stores have meat and supplies easily and things are not bad around me at all. I am thankful so far…and sending prayers out to the universe for all those who are effected by the crazy!

(Daisy) #1100

How did you make the kidney? I want to try it this week. I had the ox tail Friday.

Hi Daisy, you know…I’ve wanted to try kidneys since I started with Carnivore/PKD but all the recipes I saw were too much of a bother. I don’t want to waste time that I don’t have soaking and rinsing and soaking a meat to eat, ugh. So the other day I decided that I’d try looking for a good kidney recipe one more time and the following link popped up:

It is soooooo easy! You just take the kidney, rinse it off and plop it into some boiling water and let it cook in that continuous boil for around 8 minutes depending on how rare you want it. We all know that liver is the big powerhouse, superfood but kidney is supposed to be a close 2nd. Hope you like it too. :smile:

(Daisy) #1102

Oh cool, I watched the primal edge video when Tristan put it out and thought “that looks easy”, but wondered how it would taste lol. I will try it that way! Thanks!!