Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

(Daisy) #1063

My work is insane. I worked 69.65 hours this week. Then add the stress of home and my appetite has been completely out of hand this week. But I’ve kept it 100% carnivore with the tiny exception of 5 Chick-fil-A nuggets at a luncheon yesterday. I could have eaten 30, so I was proud of 5. Then I went back to my desk and ate some ground beef lol. But I usually eat 1-2 meals a day and I’ve been eating like 4. But I’m just listening to my body and if I feel the need for food, I eat and keep it carnivore. Last weekend I ate a bunch of cheese and also took an airborne and started taking some supplements. My face started breaking out really bad (for me, which equates to 5 pimples trying to form lol), so I cut all of it out, but now I don’t know the cause. I wondered if it was the suet too since it was a new introduction also, but I continued eating the suet yesterday and my face is quickly healing with no new blemishes, and blemishes kept appearing daily up until yesterday. I’m wondering if it’s the vitamin d. It’s a tiny little capsule housed in I think soybean oil. I really feel like I’m very vitamin d deficient, so I wanted to take the supplements, but I didn’t know they had the oil.

(Liz ) #1064

I hear you! I suffer adult acne & often quit everything at once to try & stop breakouts then I don’t know what caused it either

Holding plan very well but over my fast trip to the zoo to get out of the house and open up the rv for the season…I ate fast food. Ugh. My guts are screaming a bit now. I had naked burgers from Burger King…omg…then I had a sausage/egg/cheese biscuit from another place for breakfast (without the biscuit of course) and I have to say my guts are not happy at all. I also sucked down some beers :slight_smile: Yes it was a fun trip but the beers bloated me horribly, got wasted fast on 2 beers, felt icky then and got home and the icky food I did eat and the beers, my body is saying, ribeye and water ONLY. 2 days of that I should be fine.

I feel food instantly and drinks, wow. So yea I pushed my limit, I could not even imagine if I ate grains and sugar to the max and all that crap cause I feel like crap on just meat icky foods, I would be in hospital if I went all in and ate total crap like grains and sugar. I don’t even want to think about it LOL

so ribeye and water for 2 days, never hard to do, I live on that :sunny:
get the ick out of my guts and then I should be in fine shape.

hope all you guys are doing well!

Doing well in spite of all the crazy going on. I am SO thankful I’m eating carnivore! Hope everyone else is doing well too. :heart:

(Liz ) #1067

So glad to hear it! Doing ok here so far as well. Carnivore is going to save me through all this stress!

@LizinLowell Yes, when my friend was in the hospital with her stroke I was constantly back and forth between home and the hospital. I can’t tell you how thankful I was that I had carnivore foods at the ready to grab and go during that time. Now with this COVID-19 going on, once again, I’m soooooo glad I’m eating carnivore. It takes very little to fill us up and there’s no need to make a frantic dash for TP since our “plumbing” has slowed down quite a bit now, heh.

We care-givers need to stay healthy for the ones we are caring for. I’m glad you guys are all doing well. :heart:

I have been unable to stick with 400 g meat/fat per day. I ate constantly yesterday. I plainly need much more food than 400 g.

I am still eating a lot of fat/meat but need 700 g food to feel good.

PKD has not really improved my bowels. Will stick with 2:1 Fat:Protein and see what transpires. I have been snacking on a bit of cheese for the past few days. That has got to stop.

hit a low in eating. not wanting much at all. appetite comes in waves as usual on zero carb for me now.

probably eat a ribeye later. maybe with a tin of sardines. got sardines on my mind LOL

everything is wonderful on plan. feeling great energy, lbs. are ever so slowly melting away in their own good time.

hubby said the other day that my sweatpants were too big and baggy on me. I was like HUH? I love these comfort sweatpants and he said, nope, they are way to baggy, you look like a hobo or something HAHA I thought, well I love this conversation, hate giving up my comfortable sweats, but off to the store for a few pairs of new ones that fit better. Any time I need new smaller clothes is a good time by me :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

hope ya’ll are doing fab on zc

still not eating much.

I got sciatic nerve thing going on. dull ache/pain, weakness in my leg etc. I am moving very slow and it stinks, but this happens to me now and then and right now I am losing my appetite mostly. Hit the scale, down 1/2 lb…wee…will take it but sucks it is cause I am hungry still but not wanting to eat mostly cause of this never ending ache. Darn near went down yesterday. Bent over to move my kids shoes out of the way and pain shot down my thru my butt into my good leg and down to my knee and put me to the ground. Luckily I had the table to grab hold of :slight_smile: I do the usual, ice pack, lying down is best position, sitting just aches like crazy. But it will pass as it does before so just waiting on things to improve.

eating is spot on what little I am doing of it :slight_smile: I have a leftover ribeye in the fridge, might nosh on that today. Cooked it yesterday cause I was starving, had a few bites and just couldn’t finish it so I put it up for today. will see if I jump on it or not.

one thing I haven’t had in a while is bacon. Might just make a lb. of it tonight and nibble on that. sounds like a plan LOL

hope everyone is doing great. I am thriving on zero carb, the old body says OW right now but it is what it is HAHA will survive as usual thru it all

(Daisy) #1072

I hope you feel better! The high fat carnivore approach wasn’t working well for me. I gained a fair amount of weight. I decided with the uncertainty of our economy, I’d try to see how long I could do a fast. I made it 90 hours, doubling my last record!! Broke my fast this afternoon with some bone broth, then a bone full of marrow and a pretty lean ribeye about an hour later. I’m going to head back into a higher protein approach, but not going to completely forego the marrow, butter and suet. Just not focus quite so much on it.
My husband wants us to start rationing food. He said “so, if you feel like you want a whole steak, maybe only eat a third of one”. I said “um, no. If I want a full steak, I’m eating a full steak. I’ve been fasting for 4 days, I’m doing my share of rationing”. He said “well, fair enough, but ration my food” lol

I love your response…um, no HAHA that would be my response also :slight_smile:
yea just fiddle with your protein and fat and all. Or just eat as you feel you need on any given day. I have days I want super high fat, days I want hardly none and I just go by what I feel I need. My body tells me which way to eat. You will jiggle it all and find that sweet spot on how your needing to eat. protein and fat balances can be different for all, you will hit your niche and very good on that fasting. I don’t and won’t fast, I am just not one of those who loves it or fairs well thru it :slight_smile: But sounds like you are tackling and finding a good new path for you !!

It’s autumn harvest time here and one of my favourite fruits is ready on the trees = nashi pears.

I’ve been staying mainly meat and eggs carnivore with dairy as cheese the extent of comfort eating.

My blood glucose has been nice and steady. The university swapped to online teaching this week, and that increased the workload for a few days, but we’re up and running with that. I get to work from home.

The weather is early autumn sunny. But the large white pointer sharks are close to the shore at this time of year and that’s curtailing my surfing.

With the nashi pear thing, I take a Ted Naiman approach. Just like I have one cup of coffee for the day in the morning. I have one piece of hand-picked, locally grown fruit at night/evening after I have eaten my beef based 2nd meal. The fruit dose is made special and done very mindfully.

I don’t mind a bit of body fat gain at this time of year and in the anticipation of fasting when I get a fever, I’m just very careful not to allow cravings or crazy blood glucose excursions.

Keep healthy eating everyone :slight_smile:

I like this FB. Mindfully.
Sorry you got sharks close in, yea that would keep one on their toes a bit :slight_smile:
Working online from home sounds great. Cuts that commute and you can flex your work hours as they suit you. Cool.
Happy to read a great report from you :slight_smile:

I am doing good but walking very slow and calculated. Weakness down my leg is annoying big time. Lower back/butt area to ache not as bad but man is this getting super annoying now. Time to heal up and get over it. Can’t wait for that day.

But watching how I maneuver thru the day being careful so hopefully this will move on and not hang. Time to heal it up, just wait I guess as I’ve done this before and know the routine of it all…ugh.

Not too hungry still. No big appetite like usual. Which is good I suppose cause I know a few lbs. are gonna shift off for me while I am not eating as much.

I think maybe some tuna later and dinner, a 1 lb. bag of shrimp. Sounds like a lot but we all know a 1lb of shrimp aren’t that many in a jumbo bag LOL but will sautee them up in butter with a dash of old bay seasoning. Yea that sounds good for today. Just no hankering for a ribeye at all. Which is fine, might mean my body just doesn’t need it, is in repair mode for my back and I just follow how my body is asking to eat, so tuna and shrimp sounds good to me.

Zero carb is outstanding and treats us so well! I love I just eat as my body wants. Today it wants fish and shrimp. I got beauty ribeye steaks waiting for me in the freezer when I am ready to attack them again :slight_smile:

have a good day carnivores!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #1077

Fangsy!!! I dropped of the carnivore train…nooooo!!! I think I will go back to it. It seemed to agree with me more. My gut has been a nightmare and a half since quitting carnivore. I miss you, I’ve been so damn slack. A lot going on. :heart::heart::heart:

well you can modify carnivore and go very very heavy meat based with a small touch of veg as a side dish. You can eat what helps you and you do well on with veg if you want, I find life so much easier just being zero carb. I fit so well with meat/seafood only. It is just me :slight_smile: and you will find your plan to suit you also.

I read your post and hope your healing starts and you can get back into good shape B! You got this, you will heal thru it all and come out better on the other side :slight_smile:

wow woke up walking like a bent over pretzel again this morning.

lower back/sciatic nerve/butt aches/down my leg. Annoying to no end truly. I am starting to go into bonker zone. I can’t go fast. I can’t do speed, I have to calculate how I walk, how I bend, how I turn…to be safe I don’t undo what little recovery healing I have gotten LOL

ugh, life huh? well normal for me cause I have this time to time and will just wait it out.

not eating much. just no draw to cook. no draw to suck down big meat. no draw to kinda nothing now. just want that ever constant ache to leave.

food today probably hamburger later, or a pork chop, or small steak. I don’t know, I don’t care LOL will pick something and chow it down later and just getting thru the day.

Hike season is coming upon me. I got my backpack out and checked and just seeing it has me in the mood to climb a mountain…I ain’t climbing no mountain with this lower back right now! :frowning: :frowning: Big sigh, just healing and doing my thing til I am back to full force and ready to roll.

(Daisy) #1080

I hope you get feeling better soon! It shows that as amazing as carnivore can be, it doesn’t heal all ailments. Just keep doing what you can though and I hope it eases up soon!!

I’ve had a sore throat, progressively getting worse and worse. I’ve had it off and on for a couple months now, but it’s on with a vengeance right now. Ears are starting to ache too. Obviously will not be going to the doctor anytime soon, so will keep on my honey regime and even took nasty NyQuil last night. I’ve even added in some resistant starch and vitamin c in the forms of not keto/carnivore friendly fruits on occasion and I have no regrets over it. I will do what I must to get well and am willing to try different avenues. So far nothing is helping though. It will get better eventually. Good luck to you all and God bless!

KD it could be allergies at this point. Take something like Claritin. I am a massive allergy sensitive person and I tell ya, I have to live on ‘CVS brand little tiny allergy pink pills’----1 per day. Keeps it all at bay. I get ear clog, neck pain a little, nose inflammation for breathing and sore throat/cough but due to ‘slug’ allergy snots running down my throat. It is not chest related at all. That little ‘hack hack’ to clear the throat.
adding in fruit and more could be more against you actually vs. just going by sinus/allergy season etc. Again, not sure on it but I know it well :slight_smile:

No clue if this helps you :slight_smile: but I live with this a lot and I find sinus is a killer when allergy and spring blooms and literally thru most of my life in 3 seasons. Winger is usually my best time LOL and I hate it.

so take if any of that might help you tho. Hope you do ok!

yea I am on the mend a bit but still off and walking bad and knee wants to go out. just mending and healing but you are so right, nerve junk won’t be fixed by ZC LOL wish it would :slight_smile:

So I am on my allergy pills cause we got pollen going insane here. Car covered in yellow. bit of rain and porch is running and pooling all yellow. the seasons I love kill me LOL

still hurting, being sure to watch how I walk, just waiting til healing goes down and it will, time is required.

eating less. just eating what I want and not worrying about it ever. ZC means eat what you want when ya want and do for you as ya need. I am doing just that :slight_smile: and doing wonderful.

HIP! down 3/4 lb. on the scale. eating lighter is working and since not on all cylinders physically and being miserable a bit thru achy pain now, I am fine with lbs. going down thru lower eating LOL

all good here.