Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

food yesterday was

12 oz ribeye steak
1 chicken breast
8 slices bacon with little grated cheddar melted
(all eaten for 1 meal and yea, I did that very easily)

I damn near went on a rampage thru the kitchen later in the evening.
I did not eat enough food for the day point blank. But I also ‘wasn’t that hungry’ enough to cook more meat etc. but family was gnawing on crap and I was like…a few chips from my kid, a bite of hubby’s chocolate cake he was eating and I was ready to just attack the kitchen after those few bites of junk! I hit every cabinet, into the big pantry I went and nothing drew me in thank goodness. I couldn’t justify eating any more than the crap I did eat from snatching it from them LOL but I came close to eating it all for the sake of just eating crap. I talked myself out of the kitchen finally before I did a lot of damage.

I did snatch a diet pepsi from my kid’s stash out of the fridge as I stomped out of the kitchen just pizzed to the max about it all. I drank a few sips and ick, chemical taste, not good truly and my mood ‘deflated’ real fast. I was at a 10 on the richter scales of going batty but after that soda taste I deflated instantly down to a 1 and said NOPE you ain’t going here, you aren’t doing this BS and step away from the insanity. I did just that.

I had a lot of stress crap that day and I think that was my trigger…even tho I got that stress crap handled finally and all in a very fine place after so that was good, but it put me on a high alert kinda. Like I didn’t know what to do with that anxiety I had pent up for the day.

So since I think I know that feeling, I will find another outlet. Like get out an exercise video tape and just move. Walk the dog and move. Get out my bike and ride a bit to move! So I got thru the BS of it all without going too crazy and am perfectly ok in my mind about my zero carb eating plan and more.

once the crazy leaves the body I feel great again…lol…just chatting out what goes down for me sometimes. Years on plan keeps me more controlled now, old days I would do the binge day and walk of shame and guilt and have to detox again and again from backsliding, now I find I don’t go that far ever and can get out of sticky situations when they flare.

onto a new day :slight_smile:

This was the beach today. It was hot. This is a hot, humid thunderstorm rumbling in. We are at the end of summer and into a time for seasonal change.

Maybe as carnivores, and eating closer to the planet, we are tuned in to these things. If the season is shifting, maybe our internal waters feel calm, and warm. But our thoughts and ego roil like a thunderstorm?

Ey, @Fangs y. Maybe.

Well, how about that. I do not have a palmris longus.

(Doug) #1026

FrankoBear, fantastic picture! Great shutter/exposure timing there - not an easy thing.

yea FB could be :slight_smile: very pretty pic!
I loved the storms out over the ocean when hubby would be surf fishing and I would just relax in my chair and wait for that darn lightening to come in too close and run for cover fast and left him while he would have to pack up his surf buggy HAHA
ahh memories

I’ve actually never had this happen to me (or heard about, except one other time on this forum - maybe from you?) but it makes sense, especially if someone is drinking a ton of water at the same time.

(Liz ) #1029

I saw you mention you used magnesium and salt but maybe only once in previous posts mentioned potassium. But this is my regular go-to when I’ve got a cramp of any kind, 99 mgs and it works in 10 minutes or less every time.

(Bunny) #1030

Hmmmmmm maybe more hand pinching exercises and training by Ugly Sock Puppet (he likes doing donuts in the parking lot after drinking Bacardi 151) will help develop a new palmaris longus?

food yesterday was

14 oz ribeye steak
can of tuna
1 chicken breast

HIP HIP! got 1/2 lb again off the scale to a new low :slight_smile: took long enough for this scale to drop a tiny bit between lows. But thing is I won’t ‘force diet’ anymore. I eat what I need in a day to make me happy/full/content and all that jazz. The body responds in its own time but it was nice to see even a little more gone now. I ain’t in a hurry, I am zero carb for life :slight_smile:

today will be the same but will sub out can of tuna for big old shrimp on my plate. Will make homemade alfredo for shrimp to dip. feeling wonderful and all good on plan!

:scream_cat::scream_cat::crazy_face:

LAST day of our challenge. Very cool but of course I am going to continue with no changes to my zero carb plan. I couldn’t give up these benefits ever.

food yesterday was

14 oz ribeye
7 link sausage
pepperoni slices
1 chicken breast

I lost lbs. on this challenge.
Cleaned up to tight carnivore.
Dropped my beloved dark chocolate and haven’t had it in a while and am not craving or wanting to include it like I did in the older days so I am just gonna leave it out, have it rarely if wanted and not focus on it as part of my life anymore. I like that,
Feel wonderful, energy is great, body composition is becoming leaner and meaner even if slow, I am fine with that. Zero carb holding this plan brings changes.
Happy to read how well others have done in their changes and their progress!!

We rock ya’ll….we rocked our challenge :slight_smile: :star_struck:

Let’s all just keep on going and improving!! :slight_smile:

Challenge finishes in 90 minutes and I am content.

I didn’t weigh myself often, but I think I posted about it along the way?

Satiety (aka hunger & cravings) have been wonderfully controlled.

I have felt very calm and cruisy while failing quite badly to be a good carnivore. This was a lovely surprise, the ability to hit a hurdle and just get up and trying again. No insane eating avalanches experienced.

Some issues with oxalate dumping symptoms.

My main measure was waist circumference and I dropped 3 inches without effort from the start to today. The chart of that change would be an unpredictable squiggly line, so the nett result is what matters.

I’ll stay carnivore adjacent. It works for me.

Thanks to all the contributors to this thread. It was fun. @Fangs is a legend. Thanks @CherylP for setting the challenge.

Fillet steak and eggs for breakfast at 11;30am

2 black coffees with double cream (never totally ditched the dairy)

Roast pork, duck liver pate for dinner.

Electrolyte rich mineral water as the beverage and some magnesium and Vitamin B3 supplements.

you are cool on the dairy that works for you FB. If you do well on it, enjoy that bit, then have at it my friend :slight_smile:
the challenge shows us what works for us and not against us, what won’t work for us in density of protein eaten, more or less fat and what dairy to keep and thrive. That is why we go here :slight_smile: to learn what suits us best!

(Edith) #1035

I’m curious: who all started the challenge, and who make it through until the end?

Hi Liz, I salt my food with “No-Salt” potassium salt as a baseline. As well as pink Himalayan salt. In terms of potassium, I am a big bear with a low, normal heart rate (most of the time). A direct potassium tablet supplement might slow it too much, so I don’t do that. Thanks for your thought, though. Much appreciated.

(Liz ) #1037

Right on!

(Liz ) #1038

I’m so glad I found this thread, so much helpful encouragement. March 2nd will be 4 weeks Keto Animal Foods and I’m sticking with it! I’m curious to see what happens after 3 months, 6 months, a year. Despite some terrible oxalate dumping side effects I’ve been very happy eating this way. No issues eating out at restaurants. Still learning to make a steak on the stovetop lol wow I need practice! Happy to really enjoy my food while at the same time it’s never the focus of my life. Can’t wait to see if the benefits I dream of really can come true. Wishing everyone a happy Keto/carnivore journey. Thanks again!

Cheryl started it but we haven’t heard from her in a bit. Hope she is doing well!

I would love all to come in and say how they are doing and if they made it all the way. Not ‘too many’ of us hit on the challenge but still waiting for those who did to pop in and update us :slight_smile:

food yesterday was

UGH crappy food truly.

small ribeye steak
big pile of shrimp
can of tuna
pepperoni slices
1/2 lb. cheeseburger
2 beef sticks
7 link sausage
2 rum drinks…mixer was fake sweetener very diluted raspberry fake punch crap.

I am eating meat junk LOL time to drop all that and go back to basics, I am super trying to do just that but I find myself grazing more than bigger meals. Nothing is satisfying me it seems and not sure why?
Going to up fat a lot. Got 2 monster chuck roasts I am gonna make and eat on those as my go to instead of beef sticks and tuna.

the rum drinks made me feel icky. woke up super bloated.

I think with spring coming I am getting antsy to get back outside. I hate outdoors in the cold and it is cold but nicer days are coming. I am such a weather effect person. You know when you get that feeling? A feeling of who knows what? LOL but ya need some kind of change? I feel like I am at that point?

Today is sunny and bit warmer, into the 50s and I am going to bundle up and take the dog to a hike trail and log in some walking time outdoors. I so need to hike more I feel. I shut down good hikes in cold weather. I feel like I need it now and will have to endure colder weather, and yea low 50s and sun isn’t bad for many but I am a 90 degree sunny blazing hot type person :slight_smile: Hotter the better! But I am gonna move today come heck or highwater.

I will fix what feels off on me :slight_smile: a ton of chuck roast to eat and get outdoors will be my first change up to get me out of some funk I am feeling.

eh just chatting on what is going down. I feel like I am just out of my sweet spot zone ya know. I think everyone gets to feeling this way but I see it and feel like it is in my eating pattern now, like I am not so gung ho on anything…time to turn that all around. Got massive thoughts of opening my pool and it is just too cold obviously. Just waiting on nice hotter weather to spare me into more action I guess.

all good. when I feel funky I know it is time to change it up somehow :slight_smile: will do just that.

you know FB I meant to address this directly before but I am super thrilled to read this!! I never did darn measurements ever. Wish I did…for me I know my new low number on the scale is good but my pants being a lot looser helps me know inches are coming off…and you know from measurements…3 inches is STELLAR!!!

I am super happy you love zero carb. You are a carnivore my friend :slight_smile: Fighting thru seas of fruits in season, baskets of delish good will food from your friends and weaving your way thru it all. I tell you, your journey has been such fun to follow FB. You are a rock star to me in trying it out and finding your way!!

Food Day #1 after the challenge ended:

Breakfast at 11am:
4 egg omelette cooked in bacon fat
100g bacon
sprinkle of seaweed
black coffee with no enhancements

Dinner at 7pm:
3 pork ribs (cut bu the butcher like beef ribs - across the ribs) with salt
10 marinated NZ green lip mussels in vinegar (short chain fatty acid juice)
Sparkling mineral water.

Supplements: magnesium citrate and Vitamin B3

Looks like I didn’t revert to veganism, nor did I cheat with Keto. I love that my ‘cheats’ are eating whole food keto :grinning:

Looks like the challenge has morphed into a WOE.

For work tomorrow I have a cold pork rib portion, duck liver pate, about 400g cold roast beef, and a chunk (70g) of Jarlsberg Cheese. That should get me through a 10 hour work day, if I pour a coffee on it.