Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

@Fangs Wow Fangs, that choking episode, yikes! I’ve had similar things happen to me before so I can understand all the stuff going on in your head (and throat) at that time. I’m so glad that you were okay after all of that! {{HUGS}}

@LizinLowell Liz, it sounds like your body is really beginning to get in the KetoAF groove. :smile: What about some kind of roast for the evenings? Crockpots or Instant Pots work well with those. I put all kinds of stuff in our crockpot. Gonna have a bison roast tomorrow.

(Liz ) #1004

Thanks! I think I’m well suited to the AF lifestyle as I love animal foods & I don’t really think about what’s not on the plate.

Ahhhh I loved my crockpot. I did that a lot (beef short ribs!) before our lives were turned upside down & we had to move in with my mom overnight in 2018. But it fills the house with food smells all day & I can’t do that to her, she’s housebound & Keto, avoiding snacking!

I’m kind of hampered & I just have to keep brainstorming. I’ll keep reading what y’all are eating. The other night I made baked chicken legs just for me & that was good, I made Keto chili for mom & my husband. I need to remember to pick myself up something extra when I grocery shop. I’m so used to worrying about what I’ll feed them I forget about me!

(Daisy) #1005

Great, I’ll look it up. My magnesium (that the last 2 or 3 weeks I’ve taken NONE OF!!:scream:) is from solaray.

(Daisy) #1006

Ok and I also have another question that’s been on my mind, if anyone has thoughts. “They” say that we can get too much iron on carnivore and that for women, it’s fine due to menstruation, but that men should donate blood on occasion to account for it. So what happens when you’re a woman that doesn’t menstruate and can’t donate blood due to terrible veins. Can that become an issue?

No it doesn’t become an issue with iron for MOST. And truly that is most of us gals don’t have to give it a thought cause we truly are not getting too much but if one has a medical condition that could have iron relation to it etc. then one should be smart and get bloodwork done.

A simple lab bloodwork. Real fast a blood panel can tell ya that real fast. Most of us don’t ‘eat all that much’ to contribute to going into that realm.

Donating blood is never a wrong thing obviously.,…but it doesn’t have to be done if you think about your iron as a must cause unless you know thru bloodwork you are very high at all, then you don’t have to do a fix like donating to fix a trouble you don’t possibly have. And most never have this trouble ever. hope some of that helps.

on nails, they say zinc is related to that :slight_smile:

Ahh you too R on that choke stuff. Scary as heck isn’t it :slight_smile: thanks for the well wishes. I am woofing down good ol plain meats in good form now LOL!

food yesterday

12 oz ribeye steak
2 eggs, 2 sausage patty
1/3 lb cheeseburger patty
can of tuna
beef jerky
salami and some cheddar

Not good eating yesterday. Carnivore junk food to my body. eggs don’t set well with me, jerky, only 2 little pieces, said low sugar content and it was still too sweet for me, gave my bag to the kid LOL and woke up bloaty feeling. very thirsty.

I am doing only 2 ribeyes today. I need back to beef basics. I keep trying but end up into less than stellar zero carb.

Beef. Making a hardcore stick to beef plan again. So all good here, just wanna change up the way I am eating thru the day a bit better.

feeling wonderful!

Daisy, Fangs is correct from what I’ve read. As a matter of fact, I received an email from Chris Masterjohn on this topic today. I’m 63 so I was concerned too, but like Chris said, most of us will stop absorbing iron if our bodies have enough. There is a medical condition though, where that doesn’t happen.

You can order your own blood work online at healthcheckusa.com (and there are others) and just get your iron markers checked. Then perhaps do it again in 6 months and see what the numbers are?

(Daisy) #1011

I’m so excited! I think I’ve mentioned that when I got my cow, my butcher only gave me the liver, even though I asked for all the organs. I’ve been looking for a resource ever since. No one has really been very helpful thus far. Today I called a butcher about 40 minutes away. He had beef tongue, heart, kidney, and ox tail! I also got some suet and some marrow bones, but it’s not from a grass finished cow. It didn’t have that bright yellow to the suet. But I’m super excited anyway! He threw in the kidneys for free. I just have to figure out how to cook it lol.

Also got raw oysters on markdown at the grocer.

The challenge ends in a few days time. We can all be free to be vegan. If we want.

I think I like meat and some fruit.

Wow, that is great news!! I get my suet from US Wellness Meats and it is grassfed/finished yet it has no yellow at all. Maybe it depends on the time of year the cow was processed? I have zero knowledge about that stuff, lol.

I’m reading Dr. Paul Saladino’s new book, The Carnivore Code and he said he will be coming out with a cookbook soon that will have good info on cooking organ meats. I’ve never eaten kidney (except in ground beef) so I’d have to figure out how to cook one too. They are really good for you though according to him. Sounds like that butcher is worth the 40 minute drive! :+1:

(Daisy) #1014

I’m super sad though, everyone I’ve asked says no no no on the brain. So it doesn’t look like I’ll be trying brain. And I’m not paying $52 for desiccated brain from ancestral supplements lol

(Daisy) #1015

Yeah it’s with the strong sistas who I love. They have gotten me interested in all the organs !

@Ketodaisy I need to check out their videos and stuff. I’ve only seen them once but they were really impressive.

You can get pig brains on Amazon if you don’t mind paying for a whole case, heh. I haven’t tried them yet cause I’m still eating the cow brains I have but the pig brains are often sold out.

(Daisy) #1017

They’re super silly, but they amuse me. They’re really trying to rise above their “generation” and be self sufficient and as healthy as possible.

oh oh oh you had me going. I wasn’t thinking about the challenge being over LOL I know I won’t be stopping HAHA I didn’t even think it was the end of Feb already. OMGosh we all are doing so darn well.

Meanwhile an artist in the mainstream equates eating animal-based foods with junk food.

Suffering from ‘the Claw’* today.

I went and dug a trench for the electrician. It’s a hot, humid summer day. I was working in the shade. I’m not usually a trench digger, so it was a good work out.

This afternoon I had to edit a short animated film for a client and started getting cramps in my legs. Then when cleaning my glasses I got ‘the Claw’.

I’ve been eating 4 egg omelette breakfasts cooked in butter (with some seaweed).
A big cup of salty chicken stock this afternoon and extra magnesium supplements.
Pretty much OMAD the past 48 hours.
2 cups of coffee per day (one with cream)

So, without realising, I fell into an egg fast.

This carnivory is crazy. Should we coin the term carnivovirus?I seem to be infected with great satiety. I haven’t had time to get to the butcher, and because I’m not hungry and busy with work. I keep forgetting. Hunger used to be a main driver to do the food shopping.

*“The Claw” was a term from hot yoga, where one could sweat out a lot of mineral electrolytes in a 90 minute session and then post session end up with a weird hand cramp where the base joint of the thumb would seize up and contract in toward the palm, so your hand looks like a crab claw. If it happens to both hands at the same time, you can’t do anything with your hands. @Madeleine (true?)

(Bunny) #1021

How long does this ‘Claw‘ last (not the Mars NASA robotic version from Toy Story)?

Sounds similar to Keto Claw (hands lock-up for no apparent reason); is great for killing prey.

link

I would eat all those balloons, yes even that donkey balloon if I was stranded without food and had my donkey with me while prospecting for gold…if dying and no option, donkey burgers tonight my friend :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Isn’t it absolutely wonderful FB! To have a fully nourished body that you just do not need to eat til your body says, hey I need some food now…but until that time we just cruise thru life in great form truly. Carnivore just gives the body what it wants and none of the crap it doesn’t.

I feel point blank we are resetting right back to birth almost. Our eating so clean just points our bodies into a reborn state. I feel my body so well being zero carb. I love your posts about how well you are doing~cool

the Claw. hmm, see my mom has that drawing in of the hand. she is 92 but it is a tendon that does it. only fix is surgery but I don’t know if she just gradually drew into a claw, or if she had episodes of it happening and releasing? I don’t know how it went down for her but I never heard, other than by you on occasion about a hand that draws into a claw but releases? I never heard it with yoga connection either.
huh