Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

(bulkbiker) #803

What’s “high” about that?

not high at all. that was a great number literally after eating all that food.

and you did the right exact thing by eating. carnivore puts us on a very ‘natural non eating time’ (which I hate to call fasting cause people think we do it on purpose and we don’t ‘do a fast’ at all, lol)

carnivore gives a long time in between need for food as we stay longer and longer on plan. 19 hrs. comfortable without food…hey that is just enough and great…think of the old days when we chowed down on carbs and were hungry like 2 hrs after eating a big carby meal LOL

just let natural carnivore kick in and boy we have a great plan and all the perks others fight so hard to achieve thru manipulation and more. carnivore is a relaxed eating plan in my eyes. one I never have to fight which is a nice change from my old days.

oh and NO WAY to that :slight_smile:

(Daisy) #806

Haha for sure! I legit ate every 2 hours and would have died going 19 hours!!!

It just seems high for the meal I ate. *shrug

(Shane) #807

I’ve found the same thing here.
My BG was 5.3 (96) about 1.5hrs after getting up this morning. I don’t expect it to drop much through the day. When I was keto it would be 5.1 or lower and slowly drop until I ate in the afternoon. I’ll try to get my A1c done next month and see if it has gone up after 6 months of carnivore (and dairy).

Hooray. Dropped 1/2 lb. again. Love it. Slow but sure. Body is just releasing these baby 1/2 lb drops as it wants and I am taking them and adding them up to become grown lbs. gone :slight_smile:

food yesterday was

leftover country style pork spare rib
7 link sausage
small cheeseburger patty
2 chicken breasts

I had every intention of eating a 1 lb ribeye but I ate my leftover rib and sausage and burger patty…and boom, I got satisfied fast. Didn’t have it in me to chow down my ribeye.

Will eat that as first meal of the day later. Then maybe some shrimp on the side? yum surf and turf never makes me sad!

Doing strong on plan and feeling great. Hope everyone else is doing great also!

(bulkbiker) #809

I had mine done recently after 18 months of fairly strict carnivore…
15/01/2020 26.8 mmol/m
at 15 months previously (so after 3 months carni)
15/10/2018 26.8 mmol/m
prior to that on strict keto it was
18/10/2017 28 mmol/m

(Shane) #810

I’m referring to HbA1c.
I don’t understand what looks to me like millimoles per metre is???
Your numbers would be either very high or very low for the measuring systems I know. Do you have your numbers as a percentage?
Anyway, good to see it go down doing carnivore.

(bulkbiker) #811

mmol/m (millimole per mole) is the way HbA1c is usually measured here in the UK they translate to

18/10/17 4.7%
15/10/18 4.6%
14/01/20 4.6%

(Daisy) #812

So has anyone experimented with activated charcoal or bentonite clay? I was doing some research last night and it was suggested that it may help with the digestion issues. I tried the charcoal last night and the clay this morning and did not get sick after breakfast, but it’s too soon to say that’s the reason. I’m waiting on my daughter at a birthday party and just ate several cold sausage patties in my car (lol), so hopefully I survive this meal since there’s no bathroom around :disappointed_relieved:

not me. I am one of those weirdo ones. I won’t take ‘anything’ like that. I shy from any stuff in my body…I am one who has to be forced to take a pill HAHA I wouldn’t suck down charcoal or clay for anybody LOL

Just me on that stuff, just a personal character trait. Be interesting to see tho if anyone uses things like that tho.

I thought tho you were doing better on the bathroom? still in that worry stage of hitting too much fat and having issues? might not be you I am thinking of tho, but for some reason thought you were adapting thru it??

(Daisy) #814

Yeah I was until the Texas Roadhouse, then it’s been just as bad since then. I had like 3 weeks of constant diarrhea, 5 days of relief, then back to 3 days of constant diarrhea. Today has been ok. My stomach just made some crazy gurgling, but it was a false alarm lol. Pork doesn’t always sit well on my stomach on a good day, especially processed pork. I’m still not to the place where I will trust a fart lol!

My understanding is that they both act as toxin absorbers.

As a uni student we would finish a party by drinking a slurry of activated charcoal to absorb any undigested alcohol and hope that would effect a breathalyser teat. We got black teeth (like a medieval Kyoto geisha) and black poop. I have seen bentonite clay used in pet dogs with diarrhoea problems, like a drunk carpenter with a hammer, it was hit and miss.

I think, I think I think I think, that @SlowBurnMary might have some information about traditional soil eating cultures that could allude to bentonite clay, or other mineral rich clays?

Either concoction had no observed adverse effect.

@fangs Fangsy, I reckon winter may be the season for a carnivore trial. Cheryl’s timing was perfect for those of you north of the wall.

Down here in Summerland, the fruit trees are now bursting with local, non-sprayed, hand crafted, organic fruits and Dr. Ted Naiman has given us all permission to eat those wholefoods in a targeted way = <100g carbs in the evening after a protein and fat meal.

There is a box of donut peaches, apricots, green figs, yellow and white nectarines in the fridge (thanks wife!). Dr. Cywes says not to have the carbs in the house. There are no nuts in the cupboard and all the chocolate gets given away to young people with better metabolic flex. I just need to get through tonight, as I have 4 days work in the city from tomorrow, and there are only pork ribs in that city kitchen.

Today I went back to yoga in a small country hall with natural timber floors. In savasana I was surrounded by emerald green.

Iced long black coffee with MCT oil
1:20pm breakfast
3 egg omelette
3 rashes streaky bacon
2 types cheese

After watering the trees there is a massive T-bone steak to eat.

Yesterday was interesting
Early breakfast at about 10am
I had cooked a 400g Scotch Fillet the night before and cut it into strips
That was refrigerated. I ate half of it with creamy blue cheese smeared on it (Castello)
Satiety hit.
At 3pm I was hungry so I ate the second half of the steak with more cheese.

Went to a party and they had King Prawns on skewers! Bluddy brilliant and I watched them eat desserts pavalova and raspberry semifreddo with chocolate sauce. My lovely host plumped a big chunk of crumbly cheddar on my dessert plate. But I had no appetite.

Could cold meat be more satisfying than warm meat from the pan?

Yes, both. I’m a major fan, and they both have ancient usage in humanity for internal & external healing. I really love the direct simplicity of them both. I also love the profundity of how living clays come from the earth’s core and were (like cave salt) forged before humanity, that’s pretty mind-blowing.

It’s a fun area of study & practice - and economical. Small amounts of both go a long way.

Living clays (the smectites, which include calcium bentonite) were carried by aboriginal & indigenous peoples as a mainstay for both food and medicine. I recently learned from a little 1980s book by Neva Jensen (based on her learning from an elderly Native American couple and the work of Weston A. Price) that natives also used the living clay water as a tasty dip/sauce for food morsels, used at every meal! I never knew that. Since I started taking living clay daily, I can attest that it is surprisingly tasty when it’s the right consistency (like a creamy thick milkshake). It’s because of the minerals - natural flavor!

On the other hand, charcoal has no taste. The main thing about charcoal is that it is NOT bbq brickets. It’s wood or veg fiber char.

Both charcoal and clays do ADsorption. And clay’s minerals also help with ABsorption of minerals for assimilation. There’s fascinating info about how clay is activated/ionized by water and the electrons do amazing things like attract toxins and bad bacteria.

I did 3 weeks of charcoal slurry at night (a tablespoon in a cup of water) as a detox. It was messy in several ways, but worth it - at least I know I did it. And having charcoal on hand as a household remedy is a good thng, as it can be used in so many ways. Clay is a bit less messy. I’m now taking a couple ounces of living clay “shake” twice a day, for general wellness/detox and nutrient maximization as clay is amazing for alkalinizing & for mineral absorption.

Clays really vary depending on their land source which creates their mineral composition. Neva Jensen based her work on the red clay of the Utah area (which has more sodium I believe). Perry A, a compiler of clay info, based her work on volcanic ash clay which is gray and when wet is greenish - and these clays are from a lot of different places - the Mojave desert, Wyoming, France, South America, etc. Important to get clay that is tested for purity though.

I’d recommend getting a few books on both clay and charcoal to have on hand to study further (the Drs. Thrash have a good little book on charcoal, and there are other good ones - mostly anecdotal w/ a few references - by some others. For clay, Perry A is stellar - she’s compiled a lot from older books). Online resources are plentiful too, but can be inconsistent.

There are a ton of remedies and stories. I think both are a lovely compliment for nutrient density absorption. The usage of clay is complimentary before or with food. Charcoal however needs to be taken on its own. Both need to be taken 2 hours away from medications, as they can reduce medication effectiveness apparently (I don’t take any meds so it’s not a personal concern but is worth mentioning).

(bulkbiker) #818

More likely the cheese…

oh gosh I know that one LOL too funny but you are working on what works for you and getting super adapted so you are doing ok.
yea that roadhouse food nailed ya!! glad you are doing better :slight_smile:

and I give you permission to jump off the highest bridge in your location. no parachute or bungie cords allowed! HA HA HA

yea I get it. the smell of fresh fruit, the pretty colors, the juicy and sugar hit…all fab, delish, drawing one in so you can help that plant repopulate itself. It is all a ruse ya know from that tree. All geared thru eons of eternity for you to keep this plant species alive and thriving and growing and populating. Don’t be fooled by pretty alluring things FB :slight_smile: :slight_smile: spread those seeds for that tree please!

I believe truly cold meat is what some love and thrive on and want. I am a hot meat person. I am not that much into cold so I swing the other way. I think it is a total personal preference. Do what you love for sure!

and those skewers of King Prawns…oh boy I would be in heavon on that!!

food yesterday was

1 lb. ribeye steak
7 link sausage
small cheeseburger patty

feel wonderful. thriving on my menu. switching to seafood today and a lot of it. got a hankering for my shrimp again, definitely making homemade alfredo with a lot of parm in it for shrimp dipping. oh I love those tastes together.

Hi carnivores, hope all is going well with everyone!

Our plant overlords command me.

I had 9 tiger prawns tonight. Cooked whole in butter. I ate the legs and quite a bit of the shell (chitin). It tasted sweet. Then the prawn meat.

Then I ate that T-bone steak. My wife ate the fruit with yoghurt. I offered her prawns and she declined.

Saw ground beef and shrimp in this feed.