Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

@Fangs and @FrankoBear thank you for the well wishes. Feeling much better now. It felt like I ate something bad (a bit of food poisoning or similar) so I ended up having to take Pepto-Bismol. Man! After eating nothing but ‘animal’ for almost 2.5 months I could barely get that stuff down. Talk about sweet, yuck.

Sweets or the thought of eating them seems so foreign to me now. Strange but nice. :smile:

63 years here so it’s been a long time since I had that concern, lol, but since so many things did improve for me with keto I’m guessing that would’ve been improved as well.

(Mark Nelson) #564

Two days of food entries:
12/31/2019
in no particular order
2/3lb GF/F ground beef
2oz goat cheese
2 cups 20oz coffee
2 tbsp butter
80oz water
14oz fatty steak

1/1/2020
30oz coffee
2TBSP heavy Cream
1tsp pyure
4 eggs cooked in bacon fat
12oz blue crab
6tbsp butter
8oz prime rib
68oz water

Really trying to focus on tracking more accurately. So much going on in life that it’s both a good things and crazy making!

I wish I had more to contribute here but I am slowing inching toward starting a body weight exercise process I found on nerdfitness.

I’ve never intentionally WANTED to exercise in my previous 49 years and despite my best efforts to ignore this urge/feeling it’s ever present.

(Marianne) #565

The only place we go is a time share with a fully equipped kitchen. Went in December and made all but two meals in the room. I ate very well. It’s much easier when you have the ability to shop and make your own food, whether it’s a condo or a camper - cheaper, too.

(Marianne) #566

Don’t forget about the lowly pork steak or boneless pork ribs, seared to perfection and served with added bacon fat and horseradish sour cream! So delicious - and inexpensive! I’ve learned with pork, I have to use a meat thermometer, otherwise, I overcook it. When it’s done right, it’s excellent.

(Daisy) #567

I also can be no help, as I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago.
But I feel it should be noted that I still have my ovaries and before starting keto 2 years ago, I would still get a canker sore every month at the time I would have gotten my cycle. Immediately upon starting keto, the canker sores ceased. They have continued to stay gone until last week when I just got one. I strayed away from carnivore the last couple weeks and was barely keto last week.

You are contributing a lot. Just coming on and posting your menu shows you are still in the carnivore game :slight_smile: and all us carnivores love seeing another doing well!!

and that last sentence you wrote: This is a monster plus to carnivore. Your body is now telling you it WANTS TO MOVE :slight_smile: This shocked me a lot cause while I moved when eating crappy…I had to force a lot of that, but on carnivore, my body wants to move. It wants me up and bugging along and kayaking, hiking and more. I love that feeling and you will also. It is just magical truly that the urge hits us like that, means we are heading into what a natural body should be, the urge to move thru life in fine form :slight_smile:

Loved your post!!

Smart gal…get yourself the kitchen in your deal! I so agree. I love my own cooking and I gotta say those restaurants are getting on my last nerves HAHA

It’s a side effect of nutritional ketosis, in my opinion and personal experience. People can experience nutritional ketosis doing carnivore due to the very low carbohydrate intake. The urge to be active and moving is a beneficial effect.

Fangsy thanks for wondering. It’s great to see ideas documented.

Exercise and coffee can lead to an elevated heart rate. I have done repeated n=1 fasted coffee experiments on myself with looking at how it affected blood glucose (no change) and heart rate (no change). The combination might. It’s a failing of deconstructionist science to miss the consequences of combinations.

If I had bone broth and food it may not have happened because the rectifying factor seems to be electrolytes.

The autophagy of fasting is the central hypothesis for reverse remodelling of a misshapen heart caused by too many bouts of heart arrhythmia. It seemed to work initially when I had regular AF episodes over 6 months that resulted in an enlarged left atrium. It was normal size at my last CT scan (2018).

Next yoga session I’ll complement with salty bone broth. My other activities are pretty much all in the ocean, so I am bathed in minerals doing those.

No more palpitations since New Year’s Day. Continuing on carnivore (dirty) with attention to salt. Using 16:8 eating window. But having one coffee a day 4 hours before breakfast at the coffee van while doing a surf check.

Thank you ladies, for all your replies :slight_smile:

I would like to lose those few pounds I gained in September and I remember a link to a podcast, I believe it was Polly’s thread, where the woman said that even 3 pounds of fat up or down can disrupt our cycles. So before I start fiddling with too many variables, I will try Dr.Naiman’s P:E ratio in January and once I get to my comfortable weight, I will try carnivore.

(Susan) #573

I wish you success, all of the pictures I have seen of you you look very slim and trim -I am sure that you can get off those extra few pounds easily =).

Thanks for your kind words, but I’m a little jiggly again :frowning: I know the scale isn’t representative of fat loss, but I’ve been stuck between 72 and 74 kg for about two months now. My clothes feel looser, but I find it harder to lose a few pounds this time around, as many have noticed. I’ll try changing my diet, more focus on protein, and see what that does. :slight_smile:

Some interesting ideas from Siobhan Huggins on the LowCarb MD podcast.

If trying the Ted Naiman approach of no added fat and higher protein diet (aiming for 30%) and finding a stall, rather than persisting, consider a KetoAF approach of higher fat keto carnivore to see whether after a few days, body fat starts to drop off your frame due to the changed glucagon to insulin ratio.

A few experiments to try within the carnivore approach with manipulating fat and protein.

#108: Siobhan Huggins - Part 2

Thanks @FrankoBear, I will listen to the podcast :slight_smile:

Surf check resulted in longer overnight fast.

10 am coffee with standard cream (35%)

middle day = surf at remote beach with hike in and out

3pm: 400g porterhouse steak
2 fried eggs
olive oil

hunger games: score 0/10
satiety games: score 10/10

Nobody remembers Hunger Games

(Edith) #578

Canker sores are a symptom of celiac disease/gluten intolerance. Did you eat gluten containing food during the holiday? I’m curious.

remember also that that when the carbs are extremely low or you go into zero carb your body composition will change. You will be leaner and meaner without the scale dropping. So sometimes that scale is just not a good thing to live and die by that number. You know that drill LOL Clothes looser is always a good sign even if that scale doesn’t budge. One thing I love about carnivore, results without that stupid scale involved :slight_smile:

Sounds like you sure know you and work on yourself which is wonderful. So active in what can help you and more. All good!!

bathed in minerals from the ocean. oh you lucky dog you :slight_smile: This sounds just so relaxing, fun, ideal to me!

food yesterday was

1 lb. ribeye steak
1 chicken breast
1.5 lbs. snow crab legs with butter

I was hungry yesterday. I felt like I needed ‘catch up food’ from not eating well on my trip. So this handled me fine, I am back on my feeling good eating at home and doing my best schedule :slight_smile: