Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

(Mark Nelson) #522

I laughed out loud at this.

Well I didn’t keep track of anything over the last week really so I’m not sure what my intake looks like.
I can say I went to dim sum on Christmas day and successfully just had tea!

I remember going to a “Feast of the Seven Fishes” and I did have a bit of the cocktail sauce but it was really more just like a fork full for flavor. The biggest thing I’ve done off track is last night. Inspired by a phone call from my stepson, whom I haven’t talked to in 4 years, I whipped up a crab and shrimp alfredo using pasta zero. The Sauce was just Parmesan, butter, garlic and heavy cream.

I stepped on the scale on Wednesday morning and it was showing 226 again, up from 221 a weekish ago? I’m not going to worry about it as its just a tool and not the ultimate guide.

My eczema is still doing well and my thumbs hurt less! This was the primary goal!

Yup. I get it. Done it. I usually make homemade alfredo just like you and dip my shrimp in it but every now and then I want cocktail sauce. Love that little zing it gives. Luckily I don’t adore it so I am like you, a forkful does ya :slight_smile:

Yup. Been there, done this many times LOL You are smart to just not partake, leave it alone, eat when you can with your good on plan foods and just enjoy the company. It can be hard for newbie people, but long term people changing their lifestyles know this will come down at some point.

I had a chat with my family. Do not be sad for me to sit here with water and watch you eat. Do not feel I AM sad cause of it :slight_smile: Do not feel anything about it cause it is what I want…they eventually got it HAHA

Yup. Used that on low carb. Water weight from the flours in it. Zero carb is great but it comes with the plant crap in it. Not a good thing truly but I tried it. I just couldn’t stand the texture of it. I SO wanted to love it but didn’t :slight_smile: It wasn’t an option for me to thrive on it and do lc and eat that way. When you don’t like ‘the substitutes’ you are screwed in a way HAHA

How did you like zero pasta. I used the miracle noodles. Same stuff I think?

For me I make a big ton of cubed chicken and throw it in alfredo sauce. Or I do shrimp and crab and sauce. I skip the filler now at this point on my time on plan.

SO HAPPY for you! Key is feeling better with improvements on no matter what we are trying to fix! Glad you are doing so well.

I loved reading your post!

(Mark Nelson) #524

Yes they are both Shirataki noodles .
The ones I used were the thicker variety and I’ve found that rinsing them well and then drying them makes a difference in the mouth feel.

Thank you. I really do appreciate this encouragement. It was actually a bit tough to post this morning as the urge to hermit and hide is strong lately :slight_smile:

(Daisy) #525

So I’ve been doing some research on my body type. I am an Endomorph, even though most people wouldn’t think so by looking at me. So, based off of a bunch of research I did on my body type, it was recommended to me to try metabolic confusion. Also, remember that the last 3 weeks that I did strict carnivore, I had digestive issues every time I ate. The last week, not doing strict carnivore, I’ve had zero issues. So, my plan: alternate every day for the next couple weeks between PSMF, carnivore, keto, and a slightly higher carb day (think half a banana in a collagen smoothie). I have been fat adapted for over a year, so I should be fine metabolically. If this doesn’t work well for me, I’ll probably go back to just carnivore again, but I want to try this, at least for a few weeks. Today is day one with PSMF.

(Mark Nelson) #526

What is PSMF?

(Daisy) #527

Protein sparing modified fast. Basically eating low calorie with higher protein, lower fat and low/no carb. My goal is to keep my body confused about what’s happening lol.

(Daisy) #528

I would love to just fast, but for the past year, I’ve really struggled to do more than 18 hours at the most. So, maybe this will help get me there. Or somewhere better than I am now lol.

oh goodness never hermit it :slight_smile: we all have a vision of our final destiny in how the knowledge draws us in and how we change and learn of our path…where we need to go for us personally. Only thru chat with others can we find those experiences that make us know we are going or not going the right way.

always chat it out Mark. Part of the reason of finding like minded people where you think you goals lie. Those who been there, done that and chat is always good to just learn more and how we find where we stand. It is imperative to me I think. It is ok if it isn’t your final destination :slight_smile: but learn and learn more is key for us all.

Hi guys, nice topic! I will stick to smallish comments myself but as I write here first, I have too much to say. Still, it’s short coming from me.

I did only my second day today but hopefully many more will follow. It’s my no dairy week, not like hard cheese ever affected me badly but why not to try this too? Super elimination, I can’t get more strict than that unless I don’t eat. Meat, fat but first of all, eggs. I will figure out how I should eat long term but temporarily it will be fine, I didn’t want to wait longer. First I should figure out if I actually am able to do this (or at least almost carnivore) anyway…
I use spices too (except yesterday, I missed my mustard) and drink tea. I couldn’t avoid coffee today but I do my best to do it, I tend to drink lots of coffee and I don’t see the point, I don’t need it.

I wonder if I ever will go for complicated stuff, I am quite fine with fried meat and eggs at this point (meat is new, eggs are normal since ages. It’s the main pillar of my diet since long).

My goal is to lose some addictions (fat loss will follow) and to feel more content with my eating. I love if my food is simple and easy to make as well. And it’s fun to try new things as long as the food is good and my health improves (it’s not bad but there is always room for improvement).

I simply don’t care about electrolytes at this point, we will see what happens. I don’t worry about my sodium intake, it’s quite low but it always worked for me on keto.

Best wishes for everyone!

This morning breakfast was earlier, before 11am.

I noticed that I am hungrier earlier in these feasting times.

No eggs today.

Black coffee and a cold, baked salted lamb hock (shank). I ate it with my hands. Hands as tools, not a side dish. Haven’t gone that carnivore, yet.

(Daisy) #532

Today was broth,
tuna with collagen powder, nutritional yeast, mayo
4 eggs cooked in a little butter with collagen powder, an ounce of cheese, and frozen liver vitamins

THAT is darn funny! You crack me up :slight_smile:

you might love this. carnivore noodles. . :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/DWmxFF8xZ14

food yesterday was

1 lb. ribeye steak
1 chicken breast
tin of sardines
2 chunks of cheddar
1/2 lb. cheeseburger patty
8 slices bacon

Feeling wonderful. All good, hope everyone is doing fine also!

(Daisy) #536

Food today (which was meant to be a keto carnivore day, but protein ended up higher than fat.)
Broth, summer sausage, scinken, and iberico cheese for Breakfast/lunch
Ground beef, beef fat, an ounce of smoked salmon and an ounce of white wine cheese. Oh and several softened chicken bones :bone: from my fresh batch of bone broth.

1.3 lbs beef neck for lunch. And an egg yolk in my coffee (I am so lucky with my other addictions, no problem at all but coffee, that’s still strong). I used some lard as always.
It was nice enough and just the perfect amount of food for me.

Back on carnivore for 2 days and have developed oxalate dumping symptoms of sharp, stabby pains like pins & needles in various joints, mainly hands, but also toes.

I wonder if it could be neuropathy related to diabetes, but according to monitored blood glucose I am not hyperglycemic and not hyperinsulinemic. It only happens once I eliminate plant foods and focus on meat and fat.

I’m not allergic to meat as I haven’t been bitten by that tick they have in the USA.

Coffee will be a trial antidote this morning.

Yesterday after the lamb leg for breakfast, my second meal was: a tin of Portugese sardines (3 fat ones), a cast iron frypan full of scallops (molluscs) they were fried in butter and had been marinaded in chilli and lime juice by the butcher. So delicious.

Maybe it was the chilli that set off the pins and needles? Or the lime juice? Or, the actual scallops!?

(Edith) #539

Maybe you have trouble with night shades? The chili would come from peppers which are night shades.

food yesterday was

1.5 lb. ribeye steak
1 chicken breast
10 slices bacon
7 link sausage

Scale dropped 3/4 of a lb. WEE. Love it.
Feeling great. All good. Hope everyone is doing fine on plan!

food yesterday

1.25 lb. ribeye
salami slices and some cheddar
1/2 lb. cheeseburger

It seems I am gravitating a bit more toward cheese. Will watch that. I feel well on dairy…but I know dairy also impedes weight loss a bit for me and I get a watchful eye when I seem to ramp up cheese a bit. Like to make sure it won’t lead me somewhere I don’t want to go :slight_smile: All good here.