Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

(Mark Nelson) #502

44 days on for me and I’ve noticed a reduction in the arthritis pain in my thumbs.
Also, and the main reason I started this way of eating, the eczema on the tops of my feet is gone. The itching has stopped , with only one minor flair up when I binged on cow cheese twoish weeks ago.

As if this morning I’m down 13 6 pounds, I don’t need as much sleep and while some might find this to be TMI, it’s also a noticable effect , my bowel movements are less frequent and greatly reduced in volume .

I plan to continue this through the full 90 days and cycle back into a regular keto way of eating to compare things, especially the eczema and arthritis.

That’s awesome, Mark, especially about that eczema! You’re doing so good. Thanks for sharing the improvements you’ve seen. :smile:

Yesterday’s yums:

eggs
chicken hearts
sausage
bone broth
ribeye
fat

Today’s morning Keto Mojo reading:
74 glucose strip
2.5 ketones strip
That’s in the Paleolithic Ketogenic Diet (PKD) range. :smile:

(Mark Nelson) #505

Where do you get your mojo strips?

@Marknel

I have a Keto Mojo meter and usually get my strips from Amazon.

Great report to read from you Marknel~

Lost some lbs. Clearing up some med troubles and truly you are healing! Carnivore is great for healing the body and so happy to hear your results are doing well for you.

If you commit all that time to carnivore and add back in food, it will be very interesting to see how your body reacts. That is a good experiment on yourself and I would love to see results and changes and more as you find them. Comparison of your own body is the way to do this :slight_smile:

food yesterday was

1 lb. ribeye steak
4 link sausage and about 5 slices bacon (hubby was cooking for him and my daughter breakfast and I just kept snatching from him as he cooked this stuff LOL oh yea!
tuna
2 small hunks cheddar

I finally hit a sale on ribeye that is good. So I loaded up the freezer. I have good beef for a good bit now. Must fill freezer as I can when I find the holiday deals. I did good. Saved well! Not much gets me excited in food stores anymore, but sales at the meat dept. sure do!
Prices on seafood are on sale but not a deep good sale like the meat. But I grabbed some, cause any money saved is money I can spend on more meat/seafood later LOL

food yesterday was

10 oz ribeye
1 chicken breast
6 link sausage

I just wasn’t too hungry thru the day. But around 9pm I was starving. But I didn’t eat anything, just too late. Can’t sleep eating that late so I just held off and thought I would wake up starving this morning, but nope. I am not.

Today is our Christmas Eve dinner. We are a small family now. Literally the family has died off thru time. We are 5 today. My 91 yr old mom, hubby’s 76 yr old mom, and my daughter.

So today is my eat holiday. I will do filet mignon and jumbo shrimp and we are making a rack of ribs and mom is making a lasagna for everyone else. Crazy holiday food but it is what we want LOL

Had to watch the family eat yummy pizza and cake and pie yesterday. I got jealous but didn’t have one bite of any of it. I was mad at life cause I couldn’t eat crap I wanted HAHA oh well. I got thru it. I realized I am oh so close to having the focus OFF food now in my household…just holding on thru today and not leaving plan at all.

hope everyone else is good!

(Ellen ) #510

I had onions today. Couldn’t help it. I had a wonderful cheese burger with lots of sauteed onions. Mmmmm good! I’ll get back on the wagon tomorrow.

Make sure you brush your teeth soon! Onion breath ya know LOL

Merry Christmas!

food yesterday was

big filet mignon. absolutely delish
2 ribs
small cheeseburger patty

And I am up 2.5 lbs. on the scale. Drum roll…caffeine free diet pepsi and rum. I drank some heavy ones. I am super bloated right now. The diet soda blows me up like a balloon. I kinda felt icky after the drinks. I got bloated fast when drinking and still am this morning. Will take 1-2 days to get it out of me :slight_smile: I do so bad on diet soda which I why I dumped it from my life. A few times a year I grab a few of my mixed drinks and go for it.

But I enjoyed those drinks!! Today is Christmas and we have a big large roaster chicken for the table. I have a small 8 oz ribeye to go with that. Chicken would never hold me enough thru the day.

Everyone have a lovely holiday!!!

(Ellen ) #513

Lol…if only I had a life.

HA HA too funny

Hope you have a great carnivore day!!!

Yesterday and today’s eats were all carnivore/PKD approved, heh. Ended up with boring old flank steak today but it was quick and delicious.

food yesterday for my Christmas day was

8 oz ribeye
some slices of sirloin steak
a good bit of roasted chicken

Christmas was a nice easy eating day for me. I did have 2 drinks. Ugh. I got heartburn. Had to take 2 Tums to survive. 2 days of drinks and I paid dearly for them LOL My tummy was on fire. I haven’t had any nasty heartburn for years. Haven’t taken a Tums for years. Last night after those drinks I had a tummy on fire.

SO HAPPY my booze is done for the holidays HAHA Want nothing to do with it. On carnivore I can’t handle liquor at all like before and I find myself truly not enjoying it anymore so time to drop it for me. 1 drink maybe in future, sure, but I see how this is going down for me and I ain’t a fan of it for me anymore. Won’t bother me to drop it. It is time for me to put it down and pass it on by. I am cool with it :slight_smile:

hope everyone had a lovely holiday!

Great report @Fangs keeping it real.

I had a glass of nice champagne at Christmas. My main drink was sparkling mineral water. It’s summer time Christmas here, so I drank litres of the stuff.

Christmas Eve is my family’s traditional feast. I had:
Deviled devil :smiling_imp: eggs (ha ha ha on the highest Christian holiday, oops) - boiled eggs with the yolk mixed with mayonnaise and hot spices
Beef meat balls (2)
Baked ham - 3 thick cut slab slices
Some turkey breast for that somniferous tryptophan hit
And a mountain of wild caught king prawns - they are cooked whole so they need to be beheaded, disassembled, peeled before eating.
No room for salads
I ate some cheese for dessert

This puzzle solving part of the carnivorous diet I like, where one has to “work for the food”. It’s why I like meat with bones in it. Or peeling prawns or filleting a fish. I like the surgery aspect.

There was a moment of awkward when I did not pass the potato salad to my mum because she is diabetic. Big brother got a bit gruff at my nutritionist political ideals intruding on Christmas and piled potato salad on mum’s plate. I noticed little brother who is also T2D let the potato salad and corn pass him by. He ate some green salad and mainly the meat dishes like me. The nephew and niece and sister-in-law all ate their ‘balanced diet’ with wine and dessert and chocolates. They all went into a zombie sugar coma. But my little brother and I stayed bright and awake and had a nice chat.

Post Christmas feast biomarkers

Christmas Eve feast (my family) + Christmas Day feast (Wife’s family) + leftovers into Boxing Day.

Added 1cm to waist measurement

This morning’s fasting blood ketone 0.1mmol/l = low insulin state
This morning’s fasting blood glucose 5.7mmol/l = normal for carnivore state for me.

Eggs are in the pan for breakfast at 10 am.

Good report. It is great hearing what people ate thru the holiday.

I loved this part you wrote. This happens to me all the time with my husband. On vacation or whatever he eats it all. Then has mostly to ‘nap’ later or he can’t function. I jump out of the seat after eating and what to swim, kayak, hike, whatever. He has to have some ‘time to digest’ and I tell ya…this drives me batty to no end. I have loads of energy and he can’t move. So I wait and wait or I just leave him behind :slight_smile: I so understand what you wrote when I read that LOL

Big brother is the hold out huh? HAHA Many will never accept a low carb is best way to eat theory even tho it is so proven it is! Many think even if not feeling well in some way, that a holiday is ‘time off’ to eat whatever regardless of circumstance cause they do…when we all know this is just crazy to think this way, all it can do is hurt you physically or more ----but it sure happens out there.

Love your little bro is into no taters and corn. 2 big heavy hitters in sugar dept!

Enjoyed reading that report!!

food yesterday was

7 link sausage
can of tuna
2 chicken breasts

I wasn’t hungry. But this morning woke up super hungry.

Will have a 1 lb. ribeye steak in a while…pair up with chicken and seafood later if wanted or maybe just another 1 lb. steak. Not sure, but I eat to my hunger at all times so will see how I roll.

All going very well. Drinking liquor bloat is leaving the body. Nasty drinks, but darn if ya don’t want some every now and then HA

Hitting store today before that final sale goes off on meat/seafood and grabbing a bit more for the freezer before Jan. kicks in and all those good sales are history for a while.

hope everyone is doing well!!

(Daisy) #521

I way over indulged on my keto treats, but I am over that now. I’m not going to have regrets, I enjoyed every morsel lol. I have decided to make a few changes to my eating plan. I will explain more when I get another minute.