Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

supplements are not suggested to be used on carnivore but many do use a few and do fine on them. I did back when I started for a while. I think it is just a truly personal choice on that one.

but I sure get it. They can’t truly hurt you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: as long as one ain’t overdosing on Vitamin A or K or that kind of thing where you can truly take overdose loads of things…your supplement can only help ya a bit! I get it.

weird on the carbonated soda as a craving. Does that stuff have salt in it? Bubbly water has high sodium content?? Not sure on that, maybe if it is, check out your labels, if it is salt maybe that was the craving?

no clue on that, just asking LOL

(Mark Nelson) #483

I didn’t know so I had to check! image

So it’s basically just bubbly water! Bodies are weird!

Yea LOL I guess what we want when we want it is weird. I never heard someone craving bubbles before HAHA

@Marknel Just finished listening to the 2 Keto Dudes (love 'em) and their salt podcast with Dr. James DiNicolantonio. So glad I did. No wonder my body says for me to always make sure I have at least 3,000mg of salt. AND that doc recommends the salt I use which was good to hear.

Thanks so much, Mark!

Yesterday:
salmon
beef liver
bone broth
ground beef burger with heart
fat
BACON! Ahhhhh

(Mark Nelson) #487

I did some quick searching and there is conflicting information that it could be a calcium deficiency. I couldn’t find any decent science to back either side up so I’m not going to worry about it much right now.

(Mark Nelson) #488

Well I feel like my food will be done for the day after this meal so racked up is :
1lb ground beef for lunch
6 hard boiled eggs spread out over snacking
2 Table spoons of garlic and herb goat cheese
1.5 ounces of pork skins
7 bacon slices
6oz of pot roast reheated in the grease from the bacon and 1 tablespoon of butter
All salted to nummy

Picture of dinner

It’s ok Fangsy. Thank you for your sorrow. Your concern is appreciated. But it is part of the challenge. The title in the thread is 90 day challenge.

Since the AFib magnesium supplementation has continued plus Himalayan pink salt. The weather has cooled. But I’ve had a few hard days physical work on a building site and the waves have been too big to go surfing. Heart rate has been steady.

I’ve had some oxalate dumping pins and needles in hands and feet and some painful teeth. 1 strong coffee per day greater than 3 hours before breakfast in mid afternoon. I didn’t move to chocolate or tea.

Food has been based on bacon egg (3) and cheese omelettes. Yesterday I ate the left over lamb ribs cold as a side to the omelette, or the omelette was a side to the ribs, anyhow they were side by side and now they are inside. I love day after cold cooked meat. Quite close to OMAD. with only a dose of about 50g of double cream Brie last night to keep my wife company while she ate her salad after her work day. The cheeses on the omelettes has been a mix of mature cheddar and Jarlsberg.

My wife and I talked about a type of hand cramping that hot yoga practitioners can get, called ‘the claw’. @Madeleine, might know some more? It’s apparently an electrolyte depletion symptom. The yogis find that supplementing potassium helps relieve it. I’ve had the claw the last two days despite high magnesium dosing. It happens when I hold a water bottle or the iPad, and I have to prise my fingers apart, if it happens in both hands at once I’ll be stuck doing a bad imitation of a crab. I’ll see if I can source some lite salt when I venture down into the village today.

My fasted blood glucose is 5.7mmol/l and blood ketones are 0.2mmol/l. This is closer to my ‘normal’ numbers on waking during carnivore.

Today I’m in the mood for a sardine and cheese omelette. While in the village, I have to find some quinoa. It’s for Christmas lunch. We are making the quinoa salad. When I say we, I mean the wife. I bought a lovely serving bowl from a local artisan potter who has uniquely mixed a red copper glaze with a titanium based local mineral sand to get an amazing sky blue glaze. The quinoa salad can go in that bowl and the bowl becomes the hostess’s Christmas present. We are having Christmas lunch with my sister-in-law, the hostess, with her sister-in-law who is travelling from England and is a vegan. Apparently there is no set seating arrangement for lunch except one, I have to be nowhere near the vegan. Bummer.

The surf has dropped, that is dropped from dangerous to surfable. It’s Saturday, so breakfast may have to wait.

This sounds absolutely stunning. I love the idea of making the bowl the present after it is presented with some holiday food as a gift also. I like this!

Yes we all sure have challenges and it seems you are actively working on and are getting a handle on yours :slight_smile: hey all we can do for ourselves is be active in fixing what troubles we do have!

Nowhere near the vegan…omg funny!!

food yesterday was

whooping 2 lb ribeye steak. oh yea I ate that thing down

later it was
small cheeseburger patty
2 tins of sardines

just hit the spot

I am getting in a calmer head space. That monster ribeye just made me so happy. So full. So content. A reminder to me I require beef and a lot of it to stay easily on plan without troubles. Key for me.

All is well. Holding plan tight. Doing ok and got thru some whacko days of crazy wanna eat junk cravings. So far so good :slight_smile:

Actually I’ve never had that (or even heard of it!). For the last year or two I swallow a handful of salt before every class, which probably helps me hold onto potassium and mg.

(Not a cow) #493

Haha, I had the claw the other night for the first time in my life. I was eating a rib-eye and clutching my knife in my left hand, and all of a sudden my thumb snapped shut for no reason. Had to pull it back and then it did it a couple more times in the next minute or so. I just massaged my thumb for a bit, stretched it, then my pointy finger did the same. Weirdest thing I have ever felt before. Two days later all is good, I looked up on the internet and felt it was a hydrating problem, so I drank some ketoaid and watched my water volume the rest of the night. I know I hadn’t been hydrated that day, just coffee, so it made sense that it was a hydration issue. Funny you should call it a crab, but perfect description.

Yesterday’s eats:
eggs
brain
broth
ham
pemmican
jerky
fat

Today I have been 2 full months carnivore (Paleolithic Keto Diet version) and I’m enjoying it all so far. :smile:

(Tosin Ojo) #495

This forum was the first I heard of carnivore eating. I was shocked when I found it. I am in Keto of course and will now transition. Food wasn’t great today because I had breaded chicken and fish. Mostly due to bad food planning and not having anything to eat after 3 hours of shopping. Good thing is I bought a lot of turkey, goat meat, tilapia fish and spices. Looking forward to the coming week. My appetite is very low at the moment and I am already dumping a lot of weight on Keto (well over 4 pounds a week) so I am interested to see how my body responds to carnivore.

(Edith) #496

Have you noticed any improvements health-wise, yet?

@VirginiaEdie

I’ve noticed that my hearing has improved and my hair doesn’t have as much gray in it as it did. My hair also stopped falling out. I also have zero cravings which is very nice. :+1:

@Tosin_Ojo Welcome!! Nice to see you here. I did keto for 3 years and loved it. Saw many health improvements while on keto but seeing even more doing carnivore. Big congrats on that weight loss! :smile:

This is just super fantastic. Great benefits! Happy for you!!

HI and Welcome to the Carnivore section of the forum :slight_smile:

Great planning is key. Have your food around you so you don’t get trapped eating breading and all that mess :slight_smile:

You are dropping great weight! Heading into a better lifestyle. Glad you can join us. Carnivore way of life isn’t easy in transition for many but if you got the T Rex gene in you and love meat and seafood to the max, you will do very well LOL Best of luck.

food yesterday

1.5 lb. ribeye steak

about 8 slices bacon, I can’t remember, I just inhaled them as I fried them.
some salami and 2 chunks of cheddar

doing very well. holding carnivore without too much trouble. not craving like I was. big beef is key for me. I always must remember that :slight_smile: Had another 1/2 lb. drop on the scale. Will take any and all drops on the scale. Body composition is changing still to leaner and meaner, I love that of course :slight_smile:

Keep on cruising and doing my plan and getting great results. I feel wonderful and hope nothing changes at all. I like a simple plan, feel good and love getting great benefits.

hope everyone is doing ok!!