Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

food yesterday was

10 oz ribeye steak
12 jumbo shrimp with butter for dip
tin of sardines
few slices salami and a small chunk of cheddar

holding strong
loving my meat/seafood eating
Leaner and meaner I get :slight_smile: Hope others are getting good results from the challenge~!

Chocolate is sneaky.
Are you addicted to it? Sounds like it. You did well. I am impressed and inspired and just ate half a chicken with a side of mineral water. Maybe my body needed tryptophan today?

yea I call it a trigger thing for me.

chocolate triggers feeling about chocolate HAHA

so when I give it up and don’t allow it I do so well. let a little sneak in and I do badly. I will learn of course thru it all…I hope I do at least HA

1/2 a chicken. Cool. I do that also. 1/2 for me and 1/2 for hubby and it is so delish. Chicken tho doesn’t hold me long. I usually need some beef in my day with chicken, I kinda think of chicken as a side dish now LOL

Yes. I think I needed the salt it was about 105F here today and I was out there tipping some water on the smaller trees, then had a 3 hour drive to get to a work function tonight that had plant-based catering. Last night I had a rib eye. It was so good that I dreamed I was on the ketogenic forum writing about how delicious it was. If you dream of eating rib eye, does that extend any natural fasting? It seemed to for me… I cooked an omelette this morning/lunchtime in the pan juices from the steak. My wife was horrified (probably because I hadn’t washed up the fry pan).

oh yea…steak pan juices and eggs pair up so well. I love love love that taste! Your wife horrified is funny :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

105…that is super hot. no doubt about that. I love hot weather and do my best in the 90 plus temps. Anything colder and I get slower LOL but tipping into 105 even I start to melt then.

you dream of ribeyes just proves you are a carnivore to the very core!

:joy: :rofl: I’ve been sleep typing.

yea we know when we truly need some salt. your body feels it and it registers and we eat it and feel great :slight_smile: I get that.

I just bought some pink Himalayan salt the other day.

It seems like my newest order of Redmond salt has a lot of minerals in it…that it is ‘crunchy’ and not a good crunch. It is like the ‘rocks’ I just find distressing in this batch. being mined from the old sea bed in dirt I know gives it some ‘dark specks’ in it…mineral rock grains I guess? and I found the last order I got has been ‘crunchy’ and not a good crunchy so I hit the store a bit ago and bought some fine pink Him. salt.

I find I like it very much. Don’t know about the ‘value of it’ in any terms yet. I gotta go read up on it a bit I guess.

Challenge going very well.
Holding clean carnivore.

food was about a 10 oz ribeye steak. a bunch of delish shrimp with alfredo sauce for dipping. about a 1/2 lb. cheeseburger patty.

Scale dropped a bit more. The more I eat the more I seem to lose. Always loving that :slight_smile: Very happy with my current stats right now.

Hope everyone else is doing well~!

Just received my first order from White Oaks Pastures. They are featuring Dr. Saladino and those 2 sisters (haven’t checked them out yet) on the 14-15th this month. It will be a carnivore weekend there. If I lived anywhere near there I’d love to go.

We compared their grass fed beef fat with grain finished and there is a big difference in taste. I can’t wait to try their Paleo burger that is 60% organ blended in. :smile:

Wow Renee that is fab you got your first order from White Oaks.

I think bob is the only person I know on the board that is kinda close to White Oaks. It is still a good drive for me, about 7 hrs. I sure wish I could do it also. I would love a ‘carnivore weekend event’.

Enjoy your meats!!

food yesterday was low and crappy

5 link sausage
10 chicken wings
2 chunks cheddar

What kind of carnivore eating is that?? Just a lousey food day.

woke up hungry.

will attack a giant ribeye later. need beef, must have beef LOL

I had been hoping to go but had a visitation schedule change up so can’t. Hopefully someone on here will and report back. Maybe it’ll become an annual thing.

yesterday food was

10 oz ribeye steak
1 lb. of jumbo shrimp with alfredo sauce for dipping

2 fresh pecans

and I went Dirty Carnivore…yea on 2 stupid pecans.

Never liked them. My kid was eating them so I wanted to ‘taste’ them again. OMG so bitter to me. So off putting to my taste buds. Yup I hate them and to me they taste full of some bad crazy toxins or something LOL So I wanted a taste on those just to see and yea I saw I despise them nasty things HAHA

today I will finish up my last ribeye I have defrosted, I think putting a chuck roast into the crockpot will hold me a few days. Where’s the Beef? At my house :slight_smile:

(Cheryl) #355

Weekends. Bah humbug! 2 words… butter tart. ARG!!! I am SO looking forward to the post-Holiday season. So many functions to attend for a newbie carni. My training wheels are so wobbly!

(Daisy) #356

Haha same!!! I do notice that the deeper I get, the “better” my “cheats” are lol. Like Saturday I “cheated” with a very small slice of keto cheesecake, a tiny piece of keto brownie, pepper jack cheese and some turkey.
Yesterday I “cheated” with some ham, turkey, pepperoni and pepper jack cheese lol.

Today is back to beef.

Cheryl, heck I don’t even know what a butter tart is :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Luckily I was never a pastry or cake person. I can easily pass that all by and not even react.

one thing if you are wobbly…are you eating enough? it is a biggie in transitioning and cutting out the cravings. Your tummy must be full. You can’t be ‘kinda a bit hungry’ and then times like butter tarts happen.

I know one thing that worked for me was eat eat eat the meat.
I filled myself up til almost too full on meat. This put in place that extra defense of ‘I can’t eat anything else or I will die’ factor in me and held me off other foods.

just what worked for me. hope some of that info helps a bit. Oh, and I stayed super stuffed on meats and seafood for a very very long time. I ate big. Very big. I needed it to make it work for me.

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

:joy::joy::joy:

LOL yea my kid loves pecans and I never did but she was ooohhing and ahhing over how good they were so I tried 2 again. ICK is all I can say HAHA

All I wanted to do was graze thru the kitchen all day yesterday

boring, cold, rainy, icky day. that contributed to it LOL

food was
10 oz ribeye steak
1/2 cup taco meat with some cheese (not a good choice but family ate it for dinner and I wanted it for no good darn reason. set my tummy on fire…oh well, ugh)
2 country pork spare ribs my hubby bought from our good BBQ joint.

I kept wandering the kitchen. didn’t want to cook, didn’t want to eat a big meal, wanted to snack away on crap but I didn’t.

I see I am not eating well. I am eating 1 steak and using that as my food. then eating lighter and less. not working for me.

back to absolute basics. beef beef and more beef

back to 2 lbs of ribeye a day for sure. getting a chuck roast in my crockpot to eat as my go to item when I wander the kitchen and want something.

been on challenge and doing well but I see me wandering on the basic carnivore menu. beef and a heck of a lot of it :slight_smile:

(Mark Nelson) #361

Hello all!
Sorry for the absence for the last couple of weeks Life just got way busy.
I think the last time I posted I was heading to Seattle for an overnight trip.
Tons of fun with one of my partners and I stayed Carnivore!

So numbers
Starting Nov 7th:
Waist 48.5 Inches
Weight 238

Current
Waist 47.25 inches
Weight 223.4

Other anecdotal data points:
Mood-Upswing towards more positive outlooks even in stressful and normally very difficult-to-deal-with situations. I’ve been tracking my moods for 71 days and I’ve been having an abnormally long stretch of very good days.

Eczema - Initially started to get better - Went on a slight cheese binge and seemed to suffer a flair up.

Sleep - I don’t need as much. This has really surprised me. I’ve been on a self-flagellation kick around going to bed to late for my normal wake up time. When I stepped away from the emotions of berating myself over this and doing a body check in, I’m finding I’m doing just fine with 5 to 6 hours of sleep and functioning well without the need for naps.

Time is short so I haven’t been able to catch up on the thread. I really hope you are all doing well!