Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

I give thanks that there is no Thanksgiving here. The only feast day on the event horizon is Christmas, and because it is mid summer then it is not compulsory to actually feast. It’s actually better to fast.

In big truth here, it only gets better and better :wink: Longer on this plan the more you will thrive!~

OMG your waitress story was entertaining and funny!! I know you are joking in this statement but forget the waitress in all seriousness. You make a restaurant cook what you want and how ya want it. They will do it for ya…you just have to get past the roadblock waitress. This one seems rough, most of them are great and will give ya anything you want the way ya want it…but charge ya for the changes HAHA But who cares, staying on plan is key. I know when out and about and I get that, what to have, I default to bacon cheese omelet. Seems every place will make that for me.

In only about 2 weeks you got this great stuff happening to you…read my first line up there again, longer and longer on plan it only gets better~~ You got some great healing happening, your body is loving carnivore.

great post!!

I will just keep calling it my challenge update

food yesterday was
5 link sausage
1 chicken breast
about 8 oz steak
some salami and chunk cheddar cheese

I got the elusive ‘whoosh’ on the scale. Dropped 1.5 lbs. in one shot. Longer on carnivore the bigger whooshes don’t happen much anymore for me. It is 1/2 lb here and there, which ALL add up but it was a nice holiday surprise to give me a nice drop. I thank the holiday gods for treating me well on the scale and acknowledging I am holding my 100% clean eating carnivore.

but I got a little hungry…that steak last night was not big enough. so hence the salami and cheese. I should have eaten a bigger steak and that other wouldn’t have happened.

So again…hit the store and buy bigger beef :slight_smile: I need some chuck roasts, some sirloin roasts etc. Have to hunt good sales.

update for challenge

wow didn’t eat hardly anything yesterday

5 link sausage
1 chicken breast
few slices salami

woke up starving. never got a chance to hit the store yet. I am doing it in a bit…driving off and buying ribeye steaks, chuck roasts, sirloin steaks and whatever the heck is on sale LOL

I NEED BEEF now and I need a lot of it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Eating like the above is not good for me. I feel tired. Feel ‘too empty’ and that signals eat the beef to me HAHA

hope everyone is doing well

People chasing ketones like to test a few hours after their last meal for the day.

I test fasted in the morning before coffee. It is to get as accurate reading as possible. I’m not chasing numbers, just seeing that I am in a low insulin state and producing some ketones.

I’m not chasing numbers either, but like you, just wanna make sure I’m staying in a low insulin state and producing ketones.

Challenge update:
Thanksgiving was a breeze. Eating carnivore seems so natural and it was awesome not to have to spend hours in the kitchen for the holiday. I happen to LOVE bacon and the bacon I buy is Whole 30—no sugar at all. Yesterday hubby and I ate a whole lotta bacon. Whenever I tried to do so while doing regular keto I would pay a big price for it the rest of the day with edema, torn up digestion and so on. I was amazed yesterday because there was no problem with the bacon this time, woohoo!! I’m not being bothered by cravings. Heck, it feels like anything other than animal products would be weird to eat, lol.

My only issue is the 2 to 1 fat to protein ratio that the Paleo Medicina diet requires. When I stay at that ratio I put on inches (flab-ugh) on my waist so I am tempted to lower the ratio just a bit to try and find a sweet spot. Not sure what to do about that but I am enjoying carnivore.

Doing great on plan.

got a ribeye cooking as I type.

sticking mostly to beef.

might do shrimp tonight. got seafood calling my name tho.

hope everyone is doing great!

Almost 1.5 months of carnivore and I’m going to have some chicken today. I’ve been eating mostly beef and some pork but decided to change up the menu for today.

I ordered for the first time from the White Oaks meats place online. Looking forward to trying their products. :slight_smile:

Had some shrimp that was marinaded in olive oil, chilli and lime. It was hot chilli. That was before a scotch fillet steak and two spicy sausages (that likely had rice as starch filler).

Woke up at 2 am with the burps. Think I’ll avoid the spicy snags, despite their deliciousness.

Rest of TMAD ingredients were a duck egg test (3 duck eggs in one omelette are too much). The best omelette was 1 duck egg and 2 chook bum nuggets. Bacon and some cheese.

Hear ya FB. Spicy can be weird for me also. Some times I do so well on it, other times I can suffer big time. Crapshoot on that call LOL

Just shy of losing 20 lbs since tightening up carnivore foods. Scale is dropping slow but steady. Got my eye on my goal area, might just blow past that and keep going down I hope. Just let carnivore take off all the lbs. it wants in it’s time and not worry about the lbs. Carnivore will make sure they go when they need to go and I just continue to eat great.

Surf and turf tonight. Beef tenderloin and shrimp.

(Cheryl) #332

Doing great here. Enjoying pork hocks, bacon, ground beef, eggs… trying to avoid cheese because…well… cheese. Much too delicious for me to eat just a little. Had bacon and liver last night. Awesome. And I was hungry for it.
Hungry this morning too so it’s bacon and eggs to start the day.

Cheryl so glad you are doing great.

cheese. thing is pair it with meat. as in melt some over a burger.
melt some over your steak. that way you control it…just to nibble on cheese can be bad if we don’t pair it with meat. we can use cheese as that snacky nibble eat a ton of it :slight_smile: maybe that will allow you to have that taste ya love without going overboard? just a suggestion.

dirty carnivore day in that I had 3 squares of dark chocolate…11g total

but what was worse than that…I wanted to eat the entire whole chocolate bar.

omg. I threw it out. I totally felt this was going to derail me to no end. Take me down some rabbit hole. I ran it under hot water, smooshed it up and into the trash it went LOL I had to.

Before starting the challenge I could eat a few squares every now and then and be fine. Haven’t had it in so long when I tasted it all I wanted was all of it.

eye opener here for me

6 oz steak
12 shrimp with alfredo/parm sauce for dipping
8 slices bacon with melted cheddar cheese
3 dark chocolate squares (and this is over for a long while now)

hope everyone is doing well

(Daisy) #335

I’ve done all beef and eggs this week except last night when I had ham. I’ve been sick to my stomach all day now. I do think I’m going to have to give up pork for awhile. I have also had a couple spoons of liver pate each evening, but I moved the rest to the freezer. I really want to hone in on the beef for awhile. I have an insane week coming up starting Saturday, so I need to control what I can control. Which is what I put in my mouth. I have 3 dinners in that week. The one, I plan to eat before I go and just socialize. The 2nd I will alter from beef, as it’s a black tie event and I know they’ll have shrimp. The 3rd, I’ll probably eat before I go, but then I’ll have to at least pretend to eat to not offend. But I know what kind of food will be there and it won’t be even remotely keto, let alone carnivore.

Hmmmm. Seems like their oughta be a way for us to opt out of certain meals if we’re doing the opting out for health reasons, and who doesn’t want better health?! What do the rest of you guys do when faced with that situation?

(Ashley) #337

Been doing mostly carnivore. Today I had bacon, eggs and sausages. Think OMAD today as it was quite large. Feeling full and satisfied!

(Daisy) #338

The situation with this one is it’s a former employer that continues to invite me to the employee Christmas dinner. They’re an old Italian family and very traditional.

I married into the mob. My mother-in-law, my nemesis. She once substituted the butter plate with blended margarine. The food on the plate is mountainous. It’s great whole foods and lots from the garden, but the helpings aren’t helping. Always fruit for dessert.

Tonight is a graduate show at the university and I’ll eat a steak before I go so as to dodge the vegetarian finger food. The steak is purely a psychological eat.

Big day of physical labour on the block yesterday, watering, pegging out building sites, frog chasing, walking up and down the hill. Had a rib-eye for dinner with a dust of Himalayan pink salt. The salt is a flavour enhancer but I felt like I needed it. It tasted so good steak and salt. You know that taste? When it tastes more than good, it tastes like your body really needed the nutrition.

Predicted temperature today is 40’C (104F), so a good day for autophagy, or as I like to paint it autocannibalism.

Wow :astonished:What a reaction. Well done on the getting rid of it.

What do you think your body wanted from the chocolate? I’ve heard tell of chocolate ‘cravings’ being associated with magnesium depletion. The problem with dark chocolate, though high in magnesium as an ingredient, doesn’t provide good bioavailability because of concurrent oxalate.

What do you reckon is going on?

Fascinating.

not a darn thing.

it is a mind game pure and simple :slight_smile:

I gave up my bit of chocolate for the challenge, to drop dirty carnivore and go full clean eating. I haven’t had it in so long, when I tried it, I loved it and by gosh I wanted to eat the whole bar and I was gonna do just that LOL

I know me. When I had it in my life I felt ‘safe’ around it. Now that it is gone I feel more uncontrolled around it. Like the old brain said, you dropped it, this little bit isn’t gonna make ya happy, you don’t know when or if you are ever going to eat it again…so eat it all now just in case LOL

yea I think like that :slight_smile: so just a mind game of it all FB!! This wasn’t a craving, this was an all out I wanted to eat a ton of chocolate war in my brain, nothing more. I fought it. I won it :slight_smile: