Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

challenge update

great day eating. appetite is heading very low again

8 oz ribeye…ate 1/2 and 1/2 later in the evening
just under a lb. of snow crab legs with dip butter
1 beef stick and 1 small chunk of cheddar

I only ate the beef stick and cheddar cause the family was oohing and ahhing over darn ice cream they got. And I got jealous and had to ‘have something’. eh, whatever. as long as I never go there I am fine with having some carnivore food to hold me over while the others gloat around me eating LOL Tis the fricking holiday season to contend with but that is the reason I jumped on this challenge. To hold me accountable thru the holiday season while the family ramps up their icky eating :slight_smile: :slight_smile: So all good.

(Daisy) #303

Yesterday was 2 lbs :scream::scream: of ground beef and salt.
Today, I had probably a pound of steak with salt. One was very fatty, but the other wasn’t, so I added a pat of butter to it. I’ll have ground beef for dinner.

(traci simpson) #304

I had a GI-normous piece of salmon and three scrambled eggs cooked in ghee. It wasn’t very satisfying so I went and got a ice Americano with HWC (is that allowed) and some nuts.

(Daisy) #305

I don’t know what an americano is, I’m assuming coffee lol. I don’t like the term “allowed”. It’s your life and your body and you have to find what works for you. I look at the term “carnivore” as anything that comes from an animal. So, if you’re trying to limit yourself to carnivore foods, coffee and nuts wouldn’t qualify as “carnivore” but that doesn’t mean you can’t make it work in your life/situation. You have to make that decision for yourself.
I am a tremendous food addict. I have to be very careful what I allow myself to allow. Nuts are mostly a no go for me because I have zero moderation and eat ALL the nuts. I do that with so many things. That’s why I’m trying to do strict carnivore. But it’s hard for me. I do great for a week or 2, then I stray for a week. Then when I have accountability, I can get back on track. But if I could just keep from straying, I’d reach all my goals lol.

(traci simpson) #306

Yes, it’s espresso. I’ve only been trying to do carnivore for a week now and this is only the second coffee that I’ve had. First one with HWC since then. I really love my veggies so for me, having a coffee and some nuts only is big. I made sure the nuts were in a pre packed single serving.

Cheryl…had me wondering…Nov 1 til end of Feb.

120 day challenge right? or am I counting this out wrong LOL I am not sure HAHA but if this is going on til end of Feb then I am right there with ya.

Plus this wonderful challenge cleaned me up out of Dirty Carnivore. I am so thrilled with that. I will not even think of it as having an ‘ending’ cause it doesn’t for me since this is my plan…….but this challenge put me on the straight and narrow again. Thanks

challenge update

100% since the start except for 1 day I had about 3-4 bites of some junky chips. Happy as a lark I am holding 100% so easily…thing is this is my eating plan and I been doing it for years so…yea it should be easy for me!

food yesterday was
10 oz ribeye steak
5 link sausage
1 chicken breast
6 slices of bacon with melted cheddar over them

only reason for the 6 bacon with cheddar…another ‘monkey see, monkey want’. omg the holidays. big head shake and sigh here.

My mom is visiting for the holiday and she wanted a tomato. So told hubby on way home hit the store and get a stinking tomato LOL He walked in with a tomato AND this massive, over the top, insane, decadent, out of this world chocolate fancy layered cake from the bakery. omg. I had to deal with the ‘ohhhs and ahhhs’ and delish it was as the family attacked the darn thing.

I got jealous but I wasn’t touching it. So I made bacon and melted cheddar. I wasn’t hungry at all but I had to ‘do for me’ in this instance again. Yea I was saved by bacon. I mean I see them ingesting all this crap and sugar and know how horrible it is on one side of my brain…then the other side says you are jealous as hell of them scarfing down that crap!~ oh well…lol…I can easily get thru situations like this now. I just eat my food if required to replace the crap they have and feel my bacon and cheddar are decadent also…cause they are to me :slight_smile:

got on the scale. more lbs. down. I am rolling straight along to my goal area. getting off the last of the lbs I want gone.

So all fine in my 100% carnivore lifestyle :slight_smile: Hope everyone else is doing so well.

I got two packets of biltong to keep in the glove box of the car. Lots of driving to be done (It’ a 6 hr round trip for work) and dried meat is a great distraction when at petrol stations or navigating the cafes and vending machines on the way to the work space at the office.

Take care with buying commercial biltong (jerky), as it can contain sugar via the processing. So read the ingredients. To really wake yourself up get the chilli varieties.

Happy Thanksgiving

So we had our Tday yesterday. Today is just another day here.

food yesterday was
8 link sausage in the morning
meal was
filet mignon which was so delish
2 pork ribs
tons of peel and eat shrimp with old bay seasoning and butter

I ate so much :slight_smile: Didn’t crave any of the sides or anything. stayed 100% carnivore.

but seriously. I ate too much. I have never been ‘so full’ on carnivore before in that I was a slug after this meal. I could barely move. I was on the couch with everyone else not moving. It is a rare thing to overeat on carnivore but I sure did just that. Took me forever for my tummy to come back to normal.

I am so happy this day is over, while others will be handling Tday and all the food, we are done here a day early :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I am thrilled to eat light today and let it all balance out from the big piggy eating I did yesterday, lol

We had great fun time here. Wishing you all the best for Thanksgiving

(Cheryl) #310

My math sucks. I called it a 90-day challenge. I expect I’ll personally need the 120 days to get it done just right! But seriously, I want to be a lifer and not go back. Just eat meat.

oh Cheryl I didn’t know you were truly changing into carnivore for a plan for life…VERY COOL…I just thought you wanted to try it out and see what it was, I didn’t know you decided you were definitely walking this way. I love it.

your math sucks LOL but yea I am a lifer so we can just keep this thread rolling along forever then :slight_smile:

(Cheryl) #312

I suppose I picked a challenging time to issue this challenge but at least it’s making me way more diligent. My slip ups are fewer now and I’m feeling “stronger” about it all with each successful day. My place of work is already teeming with Holiday treats (poisons) but that stuff I can easily do without. Have been a low carber for a long time so that’s all good. It’s the damned crackers. I’m OK if I don’t “just have one”. And that’s a new thing for me since quitting alcohol. It’s a pacifier I guess, replacing the alcohol. But still better than wine! So I still see everything as a success to my personal growth. Meat, meat, hurray!:blush:

(Daisy) #313

I’m planning on life, or until it no longer works for me. I keep veering slightly off the path, but that’s me and I hope each veer makes the next veer less. Yesterday I was doing my baking for today. I made a couple sugar desserts, a couple paleo desserts and a few keto desserts. Anyone who has made keto treats knows you kinda have to taste as you go to make it edible for human consumption lol. So I did consume some non-carnivore things yesterday, but I didn’t indulge. Just sampled for posterity lol. Today I will eat only meat. I got up this morning and ate a half pound of ground beef to set the stage. Then I will eat turkey and my own deviled eggs that I made especially for me. My mom is annoyed, but so be it lol.

Great post Cheryl. You are walking thru it all and finding what works for you and doing better.

the more meat you eat, the better you will be. HooRa, lol

yea Daisy you have to leave it at that. We never can let anyone ever stop where we are heading. I so get that. I had to stop others and never worry about their feelings when it comes to my foods :slight_smile:

It took me a while to stop doing things like licking the spoon if I got some jam for my kid or something like that. I now get the jam and never lick the spoon. Just little things I had to train myself out of and into a different habit I guess. With time it all gets easier and easier tho!

Funny how the thought of doing that is now repulsive to me, whereas before it wouldn’t have been such a big deal.

Two weeks for me now and I am sooo loving this WOE.

Only minor setback I encountered was the realisation of how tricky it is to eat out. Had a small breakfast, no lunch and then took the kids to the pool on Sat, went to see xmas lights in town after and then we decided spur of the moment to eat out due to timings, kids getting kranky etc. Where I live there is not a great choice of eateries so I ordered a buffalo and chorizo burger, no bun, no salad, fries or sides but asked for bacon and cheese on top. ‘sorry you can only have one addition, either bacon or cheese’, I queried this in lieu of not having anything else with my meal and it caused a huge issue for the waitress. She also began to then educate me that I would not be eating enough with only a burger alone and I would leave hungry, at which again I requested both the bacon and cheese with it, she was most put out. So, when I then asked for it to be cooked in butter/animal fat amd not vegetable oil I thought she was going to explode :exploding_head:. Luckily the chef seemed to have no probpems with it at all and sent my order through as requested, to the horror of the waitress.

Guess I will plan ahead a bit better in future and just get a water whilst everyone else eats, so as not to stress out the waitress!!! :grin:

Otherwise things are going really well, skin is clearer, sores which have not healed for over 2 years have suddenly healed, pain is reduced, energy pevels feel more consistent (still lowevr level than most normal people but creeping up from how I was before), no headaches, mood lifted, I could go on.

I really think this is the way forward for me long term. Loving it!

Oh and also, not getting bored of eating this way (which I worried I might). I am varying what I eat quite a bit, loving for example king prawns thrown in with bacon and turkey thigh mince. Cannot get enough juicy leg of lamb. This evening I had some divine duck breats in a gravy made of the cooking juices mixed with a dash of double cream. Yesterday was boiled eggs rolled inside beef mince to make a sort of meat loaf. Plus amongst other things, steak, obviously!!!

Not a single craving for anything veggie, fruit, starchy or sweet, only for more meat!

Just one question though…

Is it normal to be salivating now whenever I walk past a meat counter or butchers window?!?!?!

This appears to be my only negative side effect (and according to my hubby he sees my eyes glaze over at the sight of meat too!!! Personally I think he’s just jealous that he still has to eat his veggies. I hope to convert him in the new year :grin:).

FrankoBear - That whole post of yours needs to be published in a full on sensory poetry book!!!

Yes, yes it is. :laughing:

(Cheryl) #321

You guys are all so awesome!!