Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

Guys if tired and it feels more ‘exhausting’ type I have to say I went thru it also. It was strange, I was fine literally from the start and on about month 7 of my carnivore life I got SO tired I thought I wasn’t going to make it.

I couldn’t move. My eyes were 1/2 mast. I yawned all the time. I could barely think. No clue. Delayed adaption or something? No idea…but I lived like that for about 2 wks and into my 3 wk I woke up one day and boom…perfect.

just some experience and info LOL I never knew what went down cause I wasn’t sick or anything but it just left as fast as it came. Go figure.

(traci simpson) #283

I hear you but for me, its pretty important to choose quality meats, which means organic or from the farm but now that it’s winter there aren’t’ many markets still open.

challenge update

food yesterday was

1.5 lbs. ribeye later in the day…I was starving at that point. This helped me so much :slight_smile:

1 s/b chicken breast…later that evening I wanted ‘something’ and was prowling. I know that prowl is never a good thing in my life. I decided screw the prowl of the kitchen and I cooked up a chicken breast and just fed myself good. I was very content after that :slight_smile:

Scale. I feel bloated. huh. So I figured the way I feel must mean I am up on that scale?? haven’t checked in a bit so I got on thinking it would be up but to my surprise I am down about only .4 but heck…ya know…lol…so this challenge is doing right by me :slight_smile:

hope everyone is holding strong and doing well. We got this!

I so getwhat you are saying here!!

I was a farmer over 30 yrs doing meats from beef cattle, had hogs for sausage etc. and chickens for meat and eggs.

one resource you NEED to check is your local agricultural website for your location. If you navigate their site you might easily find who’s farms are operating locally and sell that meat directly to the public.

believe me a ton of farms and their products can be locally sourced when you think you can’t ever find it out in the market or on your daily shopping trips etc.

Just a suggestion for you…that other source that might help you… :slight_smile:

challenge update

yesterday food was

can of tuna and mayo (Hellmans mayo, didn’t care)
about 4-5 oz. leftover ribeye steak
very small cheeseburger patty

I ate low for me. I woke up hungry already this morning and I will be eating for sure. I just didn’t want hardly anything cause appetite is low.
Nothing new to report other than I feel wonderful.
I have so much energy I am now looking thru my ancient…and yes ancient they are :), exercise tapes to do in the house in the morning. Me and Richard Simmons ya know HAHA I just need to move and it is like 3 days of rain forecasted so…my old tapes and me might be happening LOL

(Daisy) #287

Alright folks, I need some cheerleaders. I’ve been getting more and more derailed and I need to jump solidly back on the tracks. I’m letting more and more dairy sneak in and unsweetened chocolate and even ate fried chicken yesterday. I paid for it severely, but I did it. I don’t know why I let myself go down this road every time. But I’m not going to allow it this time. I have to get back on track and being accountable to you guys helps.
Starting tomorrow until Thursday, I am going to do just beef, salt and water. Thursday is thanksgiving and I will stay carnivore, but just not beef.

It happens Daisy, there is no doubt about that for anyone here and making huge lifestyle changes.

GO DAISY GO! HooRA! YOU GOT THIS!

You see it happening, you just gotta eat a heck of a lot of beef. Truly.

This is where you do not ever get hungry. Eat up the beef. Full belly where you know you can’t take another bite. THIS truly helps with any thoughts of eating whatever. Once that belly is super full the other foods really can’t be eaten ya know…you just can’t do it :slight_smile:

I dropped my 3 squares of dark chocolate…11g for 3 squares that I love as my dirty carnivore treat every now and then for this challenge. Cause I knew if I didn’t then I would want and want and decided it was time to clean up my act to straight carnivore. So maybe it is a mind game for ya…you are going strict and dropping other foods, NOW your chocolate you didn’t eat that much of is becoming a trigger target to eat more of. I get it LOL

You know what to do, you see what you desire, you know where ya wanna go…just put it all into play and go for it~ GO DAISY GO!

Yep, I could eat full fat Greek yogurt and chocolate all day, lol. You’ve got the right attitude though. Just jump right back into what you know works best for you! You’ve got this! :heart:

(Daisy) #290

Thanks ladies, just what I needed to hear :smile::smile:

I had a Scotch fillet steak last night. The pan may have had some rendered beef fat from a few small ground beef polpetti that had rolled around on the sizzling surface luxuriating in a gentle dusting of pink salt. I gulped deeply on my sparkling clear refreshing water and licked a few salt grains from my fingers. I never sprinkle salt, I pinch it. The steak lay down into the welcoming sizzle. Now some may time it, I don’t, I watch.the anticipation is too much, so I chew on a still warm meat ball (they were meant for fridge snacks). It’s tempting to season the meat as the juices rise. No! Flip the steak, it’s perfectly, instinctively cooked. Now I watch again, sipping the cool sparkling water. As the juices rise to wet the surface, the steak is lifted from the pan and onto plate. No salt yet. let it rest. A few minutes later some salt. Sit, sniff, smell, look at it perfectly cooked. Taste? Delicious! Apologies Daisy, I can’t cheer with my mouth full of steak and my mindstate awash with contentment.

(Heather Meyer) #292

what does your homeade alfredo use as a base?

(Heather Meyer) #293

Power to the People​:stuck_out_tongue::raising_hand_woman:‍♀

(Heather Meyer) #294

K that was supposed to be a fist pump in the air emoji…lol

I go super simple

Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Add the cream and stir
Add the Parmesan, about 1/4 cup at a time, stirring in and get what thickness I desire at that time.

if in the mood I add a tiny bit of garlic for taste but mostly never bother

hope that helps

edited to say youtube has a ton of very fast vids. to follow if you wanna see it done…it really is just creamy cheese to me and makes a fab dip

Challenge update

Holding tight to 100% Carnivore
Feels wonderful!! I got my footing back and this challenge so gave that to me. I don’t miss my few Dirty Carn days, well, not right now LOL

yesterday was

1 sausage patty
13 oz. ribeye steak
1 s/b chicken breast

I got super hungry in the morning. Family hit the kitchen hard early. Pancakes, link sausage for kid, hubbys vension sausage he has processed when he hunts that is in the freezer. I was SO hungry but what did I want?

I knew if bacon I was going to inhale a lb. of it. I ate one sausage patty and stopped. Cause I knew if I did these type of foods I was gonna graze thru the kitchen all day.

I walked away…waited a few good hours and then hit a big old ribeye. Kept me from eating a lb. of bacon, probably some cheese, some link sausages and more patties and then probably still being kinda hungry.

So when in doubt…grazing is bad for me. I went with the ‘old standby’…eat beef, drink water LOL It worked. That ribeye made me so happy and fed so well.

ok.,…on to today. not hungry now. got seafood on my mind but will pair with beef. I need to keep beef around, very important to me.

hope everyone is doing great!!

I’m still eating 100% carnivore. I’m enjoying it so far except I’ve gained two pounds and every bit of it seems like it went straight to my stomach, ugh.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I can see that you are, Fangs. :+1:

good morning
challenge update

holding good but I had to fight the world on food yesterday. I wanted it all. that kind of stupid mindset of wanting what others had :slight_smile: but I held strong, had a few bites so dirty carnivore day but controlled well

few bites of junk
few sausage patties
2 big cheeseburger patties
6 slices bacon
shrimp with alfredo sauce

so eh, came out ok. defrosting some meats to get ready for the week

(Cheryl) #299

ARG! A weekend of debauchery. Feeling miserable today. Gawd I feel like complete dirt.
However, I’m prepared for the week ahead and sworn off crap for good. Carbage is not worth this total feeling of low energy in mind/body/spirit. SO not worth it. I hosted a get-together and provided the usual carby snacks thinking I could abstain. I was fine chomping on the cheese but then one cracker led to another, led to chips and salsa… you get the idea.
Breakfast, although not hungry, (I ate because I needed some nutrition), 4 chaffles (2 eggs, 2oz mozzarella) and six strips bacon. Packed lunch is plain cooked loose ground beef with salt. Dinner is slow-cooked beef blade roast. May this be the beginning (again) of much better months ahead! We’ve already had our Canadian Thanksgiving so that’s not a challenge. Whew!

(Daisy) #300

You can do this Cheryl! Let’s get back on the wagon together!! My yesterday still sadly included cheese and chocolate, but today is strict ground beef, salt and water!

Cheryl you got this! Crackers are like crack. Addicting for sure :slight_smile: One will lead to more on that kind of thing. I know.

Go Daisy Go!!! :slight_smile: