Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

In my day job I work in the animation universe.

Came across this short clip from an animation competition. Just the ‘thumbnail image’ screams CARNIVORE to me (with a wry chuckle). Made me think that zombies will definitely take over the Earth. (look how the human protects his cake :zombie: ) Yes, Reality and I had a messy divorce some time ago.

Nope :slight_smile: That doesn’t make you a dirty carnivore at all :slight_smile:

Dirty is when you eat solid food off this plan.

Herbs/spices are not food. They truly are condiments allowed in the carnivore eating plan and are only moderated by how they effect you personally. Some can’t handle them, some do very well on a bit of spice so you are clear to go! You are a clean 100% carnivore :slight_smile:

yesterday food was low. I need to eat more. Hunger level is nil now.
but will make sure I eat beef today.

yesterday was 7 little link sausage
1/2 lb. cheeseburger patty

Feel wonderful but since hunger is at almost a 0 now I best fill in my eating time with beef. This is important for me to make sure I get enough. Above is not enough but I am not hungry enough to eat anything else :stuck_out_tongue:

Waiting on my copy, too. :smile:

I just got my shipping text from Amazon. Hope the book lives up to the expectations.

(Cheryl) #246

Pre-ordered my copy for Kindle. Waiting… tap…tap…tap…

@FrankoBear I’d never had it before until keto. I looked everywhere for a keto-friendly blood sausage and couldn’t find any except this brand. I’ve got a couple that I’m trying to finish off. Hubby isn’t interested in them and they were too expensive to toss out, sigh. The ingredients are pork blood, pork fat, pork, eggs, spices and natural pork casing.

Well, I screwed up my foods, sigh. I’m so mad at myself, grrr!! I want to thank @FrankoBear for asking about the ingredients of that blood sausage. I was trying to come up with organ meats and other foods like that since I’m doing the Paleolithic Ketogenic Diet (PKD) and I remembered the blood sausage I bought while doing keto. They were totally fine for keto. Half of a sausage is only 1 carb. When Franko asked about the ingredients I rattled them off the top of my head since I didn’t have the original package. That bothered me all night last night. This morning I looked it up and all the ingredients are fine except they have onions and sugar, sigh.

Now someone might say, “No big deal. Keep Calm and Keto/Carni On,” but what is really frustrating is that I believe the sausage screwed up my bone broth results, double sigh.
SO…I guess I’ll add the bone broth back in this week and try again next weekend to go without and do the test. I’m sorry guys. I guess after 3 years I still sometimes think regular keto. Anyway, no more blood sausage. Too bad someone hasn’t made Carnivore ‘legal’ blood sausage. That stuff is a powerhouse of nutrients. Look it up. When I was doing regular keto I was always fighting with low iron. When I ate that blood sausage from time to time it made my iron go right back up.

I’ll go ahead and share some of my Keto Mojo testing numbers anyway.

1. This was the evening of 11/14/19 after a day that contained 2 cups of homemade bone broth, just bones-water-salt.
    79 glucose 2.2 ketones

2. This was from the following morning (fasting) 11/15/19. So my body doesn’t know I’m not having bone broth this day.
    58 glucose 2.4 ketones

Later in the day I had blood sausage. This is the evening reading:
88 glucose 3.0 ketones

1. 11/16/19 The morning reading (fasting) was as follows:
    79 glucose 2.1 ketones

I had blood sausage again. The evening reading is as follows:
91 glucose 2.5 ketones

4 11//17/19
Fasting in the AM: 83 glucose 2.7 ketones

So if you look at the very first morning reading on the 15th I had a super low glucose and a pretty good ketone reading. Now I don’t know how much that would’ve changed if I hadn’t eaten the sausage, triple sigh. But even drinking the bone broth that was a mighty low morning glucose. Don’t know that I’d want to see it any lower. I can’t help but wonder if my bone broth affected me like it did them? No one I know leaves all that fat in their bone broth after a batch is made. I DO. That fat may hamper the affects of the broth?

Anyway, sorry for the big screw up. I just didn’t even think about it. I mean…blood sausage! It’s not like it was nuts or a bag of chips, grrr. Oh well. I’ll try again this coming weekend, God willing, and see if I can get a better testing.

Forgot to add I’ll be sitting over there in the corner with my carnivore dunce cap on. :upside_down_face:

No such thing!
You’re doing awesome.
It’s hard in that you can’t trust anything that comes prepared and wrapped in plastic other than direct cuts of meat. :frowning:

(Mame) #250

@ReneeRC you are not a dunce.

I tried a new brand of pork rinds a few months ago and when I got them home I saw they were ‘low fat’ and had tons of additives including sugar! wtf.

I was pissed at myself. But hey I chalked it up as a good reminder to always read the label!

Thanks guys, lesson learned for sure! :heart:

Your testing results look awesome. Take off the dunce hat.

Sausages can be tricky.

I can do this easily. I know I have to catch myself also.

We are programmed on these plans LOL it is hard to let go sometimes.

You are doing wonderful~you keep on rocking it out!!

challenge update:

I was hungry yesterday. Brunch time I ate:

1.5 lbs. of ribeye steak
10 jumbo shrimp
1/3 lb. cheeseburger patty

Ate that all kinda at the same time…little lapse after the steak but I was still SO hungry so I dived on the rest. After the burger, oh boy was I full and smiling.

But around 9 at night I was SO hungry again. What to do? Nibble salami or such and leave it or eat for real again. I ate steak again. Ate that last .5 from my 2 lb ribeye I had left in the fridge.

WOW. too much, too late at night. I was tired, no way I could lie down on that tummy feeling.

Learned again why I never eat late at night. Like DUH. I was uncomfortable and just blah. I knew it would happen but I did it anyway.

It is funny cause Renee had her lesson learned again…and here I go eating so late at night knowing what it does to me, how it just is so miserable. Saying lesson learned also LOL :slight_smile:

So no matter when later at night, I need to nibble a bit lighter and just say what I always say…in the morning you can go hog friggin’ wild on a ton of meat in the morning, just don’t do it now at night, you will pay for it!

Other than that doing wonderful on this challenge and hope everyone is feeling great also!

(Daisy) #255

Lol so it was a weekend for hard lessons learned. I had a terrible eating day yesterday. Filet mignon for lunch, but then bacon, goats milk Brie and unsweetened chocolate. Lots of it. All day. My back hurt SOOOOOO BAD last night. Like the injury was brand new again!! So, back on the wagon today and really tightening up the carnivore belt this week! I’m amazed at how much the food can really affect the body!!!

Hello all, I think I have found the right thread now for Nov carnivore challenge? (sorry I am a little late to the party).
Been carnivore for nearly a week now and feeling so cleansed and detoxed and bizarrely somewhat calmer too.

For me it is all about health, CFS/ME, chronic nerve pain and muscular pain, brain fog, POTS/dysautonomia, raynauds, depression etc etc, the list goes on! I am really starting to believe I have been poisoning myself by eating plants all my life though and hopefully this is now just the beginning of an upward curve! Sooo happy to be joining all of you.

I am unable to look at screens for long hence cannot read through whole threads/do too much searching but from what I have read so far, so so many people seem to be having such success with this WOE. Amazing!

Apologies is this has been covered already on this thread (as above I stuggle with screens for long so cannot read all through).

Can someone please tell me the best ways of prepping and cooking chickem livers, lamb liver and lamb heart please. As an ex veggie and vegan, these foods are totally new to me and I want to do it right to help myself enjoy them.

Also I habe a tub of beef tallow and a block of lard. I could not face just eating any these raw so again advice or ideas on how to use these would be great please. On keto I have tended to just use butter and bacon fat for cooking so I am a little lost with these. Many thanks.

HI and welcome to the challenge…yup we are working on Nov. now so jump right in :slight_smile:

I love what you typed here. You will feel so much calmer and in tune with carnivore. As you detox such wonderful benefits will come your way!!

Any questions you jump right on and ask cause there are experienced people doing this plan for a long time and can help you thru and give some good support.

Rock on!!

Challenge update:

food yesterday was:

3 link sausage…ran out…have to get a ton more for the freezer.

2 skinless/boneless chicken breasts sautéed in grass fed butter

4 oz. filet mignon

Had that good day of eating not too much and just enough and all cravings are still gone now…just an easy good old carnivore eating day for me :slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile:

Ive never cooked lamb heart, but i have cooked liver - i peel the capsule (you dont need to do this for chicken liver), cut them in bite-size pieces, remove all the pieces with ducts and/or lots of connective tissue, heat up some butter and sautee uncovered for about 10 min…always season after cooking, never before and/or during the cooking process (my grandma’s secret :))

Thankyou so much. I will get onto this right away.

Incidentally I just had an amazing heart biology/butchery lesson from my partner. I know my general anatomy/physiology and hadn’t even thought of utilising his Military fieldcraft and medic training to help me with this but he just directed me in how to properly dissect hearts and we have just cooked one as my first trial, same way as I would a steak and it was great. Saved the other two, now ready prepped and in the freezer. Plus my dog was super happy with the off cuts!

This is so far away from my life as a veggie/vegan that even I am struggling to believe it is where I am at now!