Cheese Ball

(Shar) #1

Used to always make this for parties and whatnot and just realized that I probably can still have it (minus the crackers to spread it on, of course lol)! Anyway, in the event anyone else would like to try it, here ya go…

To a small/medium bowl add…

2 8 oz packages of softened (to room temp) cream cheese
1 bunch of green onions chopped small
1 package of chipped beef, chopped into small pieces (I’ll post below what I use, it’s from Walmart)
Chopped Parsley (I usually use flakes but I guess fresh could work too)

Mix everything BUT PARSLEY and form into a ball. Sprinkle some parsley onto a plate and roll the ball around until coated in parsley. Wrap in plastic wrap and sit in fridge for 30 min to set up. Eat and enjoy!!! So simple but soooooo flavorful!!! It’s addictive!!! A friend of mine likes to add a splash or two or Worcestershire Sauce to hers when she makes it. I haven’t tried it that way myself. I’m sure that way would taste great too.

(Jean Taylor) #2

I’ve though about this. My mom makes similar cheese balls most holidays. I think fathead crackers or melted cheese crackers either one would work fine with it.

(Shar) #3

Since I’m still new to this all, I didn’t even think of making those melted cheese chips/crackers to eat with this. That would be great! I was thinking more along the lines of putting this on some celery or cucumber slices but yeah, now I want to try making those cheese chips/crackers and eating it with them. Thanks for the idea.

(Jean Taylor) #4

No problem. The fathead crackers would take a bit more effort but might be prettier for a party setting. I haven’t actually made them but my husband did and took them with his lunches. He liked them alot.

(Ida) #5

What are fathead crackers or melted cheese crackers?

(Rob) #6

Fathead crackers are crackers made with fathead dough. Cheese crackers are made of just melted cheese baked or microwaves until they go crispy.

Search is your friend - use the magnifying glass in the top right to look up anything you don’t understand - almost certain to be answered quickly since most things have been asked before. Recipes for fathead dough and cheese crackers are on the forum.

(Ida) #7

Thank you, I just realized that I tried the cheese crackers once (I forgot) yep they are pretty rich. I will look up the fathead doe. I was thinking of sliced califlower chips & experimenting with my own keto reciepe there. They sound yummy.