Cheddar Bay Biscuits by Zorn

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

These biscuits are super easy to make and QUICK! Serve hot with lots of butter!! The onion powder REALLY adds to the flavor fyi.

Preheat oven to 400* F

Stir 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon onion powder into 1/3 cup coconut flour (it’s amazing how little coconut flour you need!).
Beat 4 eggs. Add flour mixture. Mix well, eliminating any lumps.
Stir in 1/4 cup melted (not hot!) coconut oil or butter.
Finally, stir in 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto parchment paper. Bake 15 minutes or until set and starting to brown slightly around the edges.
Recipe makes 10 small biscuits.
The photo was a double batch basket of 20, served to the Fettke’s at a Breckenridge Colorado 2KetoDudes party house dinner for 12, during the Low Carb Breckenridge Conference last week :zornface:

Serve HOT!

Keto Sausage Gravy
What did you Keto today?
(Candace) #2

I will have to try these next month - looks amazing!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

They became a keto staple in my house. If you flatten them out a bit more, they make a great bun or sandwich bread! And keep for a week in tbe fridge! I’d heat them up a few moments before eating is all. They are so fatty, they taste best at least warmed…

(Candace) #4

I am seriously drooling, and I’m not even hungry yet! :yum:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

They are actually pretty good. Definately don’t skip the parchment paper! It’s the secret to easy peasy!

(MakinBacon) #6

OMG, I love you!

Seriously, I can’t even go to Red Lobster anymore because I can’t get out of there without eating a ton of these. If these taste even 20% as good as the original… :smiley::smiley::smiley:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #7

To me? At least 50 to 75% :smiley:

(MakinBacon) #8

Sold! Guess what I’m having with my steak tonight? :grin:

Hmmm, intriguing. I’m going to have to see if I can figure out a way to make these with stuff other than the onion powder and coconut flour (I hate the taste of both).

Garlic and Almond flour are my first thoughts.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #10

Grrrrrrrrrrr…

JK. Let us know if you figure something out!!

(AnnaLeeThal) #11

I will have to try these! Look delicious!

(Jaidann) #12

I made these tonight. Very nice! Thank you so much. Although, I can see a possible addiction problem! :yum:

(Ashley Haddock) #13

I have been using a different “cheddar bay biscuit” recipe and can’t wait to try these to compare!

(eat more) #14

i think this will go nicely with pot roast tonight!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #15

We (2KetoDudes crew) had them with short ribs in Breck. It was perfect!

(Ashley Haddock) #16

Mmmm short ribs.

(Ashley Haddock) #17

I just made these and they are delicious! I added jalapeños to half of the batch and that half is even better. :grin:

(bwittner) #18

Yummy biscuits of wonder & joy…thank you for sharing

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #19

Happy Happy Joy Joy??? Cool. Want me to make you some soon? Lol

(AnnaLeeThal) #20

I’m making these tonight to go along with corned beef brisket and cabbage.