Cheddar Bay Biscuits by Zorn

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #22

I think they taste a bit sweet. I love them too. Very filling.

(AnnaLeeThal) #23

Yes! Very filling! Now I get all the leftovers :))

(Thao Le) #24

I added green onion and bacon bits, yummy!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #25

PERFECT! I will try it!! Thank you :heart:

These look so pretty! I just added coconut flour to my shopping list so I can try these.

I like spicy so I’ll be adding them also!

(Zack F) #28

My wife is allergic to coconut, any recommendations for a flour substitute?

Someone recently posted about coffee flour and it seems to have similar properties to coconut flour.

(Ashley Haddock) #30

I have made these several times and really like them as well. Have made both with and without the cheddar and garlic.

Taking on an extended fast (10-14 Days)
(Ros R) #31

After seeing this recipe last weekend, I was dying to try these or at least a variation of these. Finally got my chance today. Unfortunately, I did not have any onion powder and I couldn’t help making substitutions…yep I’m that person. Instead of the onion powder, I substituted garlic powder. As for the coconut flour, I did half coconut flower and half fine ground almond flour. I’m not the biggest fan of coconut flavored things and I hate when food that shouldn’t taste like coconut, tastes like coconut. (I’m looking at you keto gravy lol). Oh, I also added some parsley, about 1/2 teaspoon. It just doesn’t seem wright without those flecks of green. It tastes amazeballs.

(Andrew Anderson) #33

You folks suckered me in. Tonight I’ll have roasted chicken and biscuits. So yummy!

(eat more) #34

i have and love that pan…i wish i could find another one but alas only pictures on the internet with no brand or purchase option
i got my og one at tjmaxx or ross like 8 years ago

(Andrew Anderson) #35

Look for a brownie bar or perfect brownie pan on Amazon. I believe that is what it was called when we got it.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #36

I thicken meat drippings with xanthan gum. It has no flavor and is very low carb :slight_smile:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #37

This is the one I purchased through Amazon in 2014, still available! Amazon knows too much about me :joy::joy::joy:
https://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Premium-Nonstick-Bar-12-Cavity/dp/B008KE7JLG

(Ros R) #38

Thanks :slight_smile: I decided to wing it and used both…should have just stuck with the xanthum gum. Live and learn.

(eat more) #39

i’ve stalked that one on amazon and in person at joann’s and michaels…it’s different than the one i have and my kitchen is so small i need them the nest lol

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #40

Doesn’t seem quite right, but closer

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #41

Y’all have gone perfect square hole muffin pan crazy. Lmao

(G. Andrew Duthie) #42

Reviving this thread, 'cuz I broke this recipe back out to go with the first batch of chili of the season. Melted some extra butter to brush on the tops while they were baking, then brushed on more when they came out of the oven.

These are (still) amazing. And even the carb burners in my family love them.