Check Out Mrs.Know It All

newbies
fasting

Hey Kimbrie. I just registered on this forum and yours is the first thread I’ve read.

I am a complete newbie on the KETO diet and am trying a 16:8 intermittent fasting for 16 and eating during an eight hour window.

I have read two different positions on breaking the fast. One was you can drink coffee and tea before the end of the fast but nothing else.

The other position was you can add MCT oil powder and organic extra virgin coconut oil in your coffee because your body will process those differently so technically it does not break your fast. But I think an hour or two on either side of the fast shouldn’t make a difference.

I’ve done my research as well before starting this but there’s a lot of information out there. I had shoulder surgery yesterday so I thought today would be the perfect day to start. Had to take my first pain med today so I figure the more I sleep, the easier the fast will be…lol

Looking forward to more of your posts. I love to hear about what others have found in their research and what works for them.

(Kimbrie) #22

Hi Ed! I too have been looking for whether or not fatty coffee in the morning breaks a fast and it is a mixed bag. I did read that because it is nothing your body sees as a sugar it is ignored. I did drink one this morning and I think I will continue to do so until I find information otherwise. Best of luck with your program, I am really loving it. I really dont mind the fasting, I am actually enjoying it. We will see! Best of luck!

(Susan) #23

The two of you might find this video interesting and helpful =).

hhmmm…hard for me to follow because there are two words I have never heard before so it was difficult for me to put this together and have a complete understanding of the discussion. I’ll need to research those two words so I can put everything into perspective.

Thanks for sharing.

(Susan) #25

He is the expert on IF (Intermittant Fasting) and Fasting and well totally on Diabetes. He is a Canadian nephrologist. He’s a world-leading expert on intermittent fasting and low carb, especially for treating people with type 2 diabetes. In that video he talks about Autophagy which is a healing aspect of fasting that can heal all sorts of health issues.

(Kimbrie) #26

Thanks Susan, I am trying to watch and read as much of his stuff as I can. The autophagy is definitely a reason to do extended fast. A lot of the stuff I read said that studies have shown that longer fasts have all kinds of affect on the body from a cellular level on up.

(Susan) #27

Yes! That is why you will see a lot of members of the forum still doing some water fasts a few times a month even after they have reached Maintenance -to achieve the benefits of Autophagy =).

(Marianne) #28

Didn’t know this - thank you.