Cheated

So much for my plan to have something really super awesome if and when I cheated. I was craving carbs badly today so I decided to first eat a bunch of 100% dark chocolate. That just stoked my carb craving, so then ate 5 single serving cups of peanut butter which they call “natural” but has sugar added, which I happened to have in my desk drawer. Kind of a bummer, but I have to say I did enjoy it and it tasted like candy. In my sugar-induced daze, I couldn’t figure out why it’s supposed to be a GOOD thing that stuff like this tastes extra sweet after you’ve given up sweets?! I mean it tasted really good…so good I ate all of them…so that’s NOT a good thing right?! I guess it’s better than buying M&Ms from 7-eleven?? The day’s not even half over though…there’s still time to continue the cheat. I’ll update this post with my full confession tomorrow.

It’s my first REAL cheat. I had one cheat where I ate sunflower butter and dark chocolate and ended up with 23 carbs for the day. Then another one where I ate a lot of sunflower butter and had 30 carbs. Today I’m already up to 48 for the day.

Edited to add though: does anyone feel like when you fall off the wagon on keto, it’s not nearly as bad as on other diets? I remember some spectacular cheats on previous diets…I mean binging just ridiculous stuff like a whole box of granola bars or much more than that. I’m not proud that I ate 5 peanut butter servings, but I AM surprised that it didn’t prompt me to go out and buy a bag of chocolate…

(Brandy Fischbach) #2

I cheated once and I was the opposite to you. I had 2 donuts and pizza and it didn’t really taste as wonderful as I remembered. I then proceeded to be sick with body aches, nausea and diarrhea for the following 3 days. Not worth it! It is alot different because I cannot binge either. Sometimes I really just want a grape or two. LOL

(Jay Patten) #3

When I cheat I just eat a plate of eggs and bacon and I’m back on track. Easy peasy.

(Candy Lind) #4

It changes A LOT when you’re fat-adapted. If you were, you might have gotten sick like @shorty71780 on those peanut butter snacks. Your physiology changes to where you would rather be a little hungry and wait for the good stuff, rather than eat crap.

(Kaiden) #5

A bit…

Since you asked, today I used my absolutely worse excuse - cultural exposure - to try something that I’ve seen advertised many places but have never actually tried. About an hour or two later, my G.I. issues resolved and I had a healthy, satisfying bowel movement. I guess my body “needed” to have chicken and waffles. I can also now figure out if I want to try to replicate this, perhaps with allulose waffles and syrup and pork rind breading for the chicken, or if it’s not worth the money. I don’t feel awful about it, because it was a low volume of food, but I know that if I turn it into a habit, I’ll catch cancer and die.

(Kaiden) #6

Ugh, the itching… I forgot that carbs can do that.