Cheated Last Night Feel Depressed

I’m following the extended water fast and was planning to go from Sunday to Friday without eating. Just Water, Coffee and Tea.

So it’s Tuesday Late Night. Not to make an excuse but I’m a night time eater, which is the worst for your health. And I decided to have a cup of instant Bone Broth. Next thing I know I’ve had 4 more cups of Broth and than gave into a craving for a Peanut Butter and Matso sandwich.

Good new is that I’m very determined to lose 100 LBS and I went right back on the Fast today.

But I still feel so depressed that I gave into the temptation and feel that nagging fear that I’ll do it again.

Age 57 Height 5’9 Weighing in at 275 LB with Metabolic Syndrome, The Failure to lose mega weight and fix my system is not an option!

(Karen) #2

Keto is so delicious. Make that your treat. Surround yourself with keto treats…

Pork rinds, cheese, bacon, soft boiled eggs salted, dripping with butter.

Back on horse.

K

(TJ Borden) #3

I gave up on bone broth. I’ve stopped two extended fasts early because bone broth triggered my appetite so strong that I couldn’t keep going.

(Rob) #4

You’re new here but how new are you to keto?

If you are new to keto then a 6 day water EF is not likely to succeed or give you the benefits you want. Even if not, have you done beyond a 3 days fast before? If not then getting this far is still progress. As they say, you need to exercise your fasting muscle. It will get stronger with practice.

Whatever, don’t feel depressed. There is no time limit to fixing and maintaining your health - this is the start of the rest of your life. KCKO.

NOTE: my response to you ‘mortality’ thread, where you answered most of my questions, covers this in more detail.

(Jay AM) #5

Do you have sources for this? As a dedicated night eater, I’d like to read them for my own sake. I’ve consumed most of my meals for 6 years (mostly non keto years) sometime between 8pm-5am. I’m not sure I could switch it up but, I’m still curious.

(Rob) #6

I have read (but can’t remember where) that morning eaters generally do better in terms of BMR than evening eaters but I think that is relative to average circadian rhythms.

As a third shifter, your rhythm is completely different but your 12-5am eating window sounds like an equivalently “morning” rhythm relative to your ‘day’.

(Jay AM) #7

Ah, so the thought might be that people who normally sleep at night and also eat at night could have issues. That does change things. So, the solution is, if you want to eat at night do a night shift. Researchers, get on the studies.

(Rob) #8

:grin:

I should have said "snack " and specified high carbohydrate foods at night.

For me it’s the worst because in addition to gaining weight my blood sugar goes very high and stays elevated while I’m sleeping.

My theory is that while I’m sleeping my body doesn’t create the insulin necessary to bring the blood sugar down to normal levels.