Cheapest keto meals

(Sophie) #21

I also second a big club membership. Sam’s is where I get most of my meats. I purchase the fattiest chuck roasts I can get my hands on and grind my own hamburger. I vac seal everything for the freezer into smaller packs. I just look for the fattiest meats in Family Packs. I got 2 packages of skin-on thighs at Aldis recently for something like .67c per pound! I already had thighs in the freezer but who couldn’t use more of those. :grin: The deals are out there.

Costco and Aldi are a good combination. Also, if you have a local meat market and a chest freezer, you can stock up.

Do you shred the cabbage? Recipie? What kind of sausage?

(Elaine Fitzpatrick Pedersen) #24

Tried it tonight…yum

(Tovan Nhsh) #25

I core then chop the head, personally don’t shred it. Far as a recipe goes: one large head of cabbage, eight ounces of bone broth, salt, sausage (think kielbasa) & butter. I’ve tried both beef & chicken bone broth & the chicken goes much better in my opinion. I like butter so I throw in at least a stick (sometimes more dependent upon the size of the head of cabbage).Salt liberally, add diced sausage links (I cut the links equally so I know exactly how much protein to count but I’m a touch OCD) set the temp to 200 & you’re good to go. It’s generally ready in 2-3 hours but the longer it cooks the more tender the cabbage. All in all it’s roughly ten-fifteen minutes to prepare & lasts for a while. I could live solely on this dish :slight_smile:

(Tovan Nhsh) #26

Awesome! Glad you liked it.

(Roy D) #27

You may be able to obtain some good suggestions on YouTube by searching on phrases such as “Keto Shopping”. Below are samples of some of the YouTube vides that popped up in a search I did;

Searching for “Keto on a Budget” works well also. Here’s another one I found;

Another Newbie- so scared. Have very little money for fancier diets and have tried everything
(Roy D) #28

Another option is to get into “coupon clipping”. Coupons typically come out in my area in the weekend paper. Spend some time doing price comparisons between the local food stores, and shop the sales.

Thank you! I will try it soon!

(Valerie Williams) #30

Oh thanks! I have heard of Cabbage and Italian sweet sausage in fridge. Tomorrow’s dinner!