Changing composition, water weight, or stall?

So I’ve been keto since June 1st of this year. Male, 31, started at 335 and currently around 275.

Friday I hit my lowest weight to date at 273.6, but gained 3lbs over the weekend. Any thoughts? I think hydration has been about the same, urine color has been a light straw. Haven’t went over 20g of net carbs or changed my eating habits.

(Robert C) #2

I would say don’t follow the short term difference and stay the (obviously successful) long term course!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

Fat loss is not linear. You have to expect some zigs along with the zags. You’ve lost 60 lbs. in 2-1/2 months, so this is just a blip on the radar.

@RobC @PaulL

Yea, I’ve been in the habit of watching the scale move the other way, about 10lbs last month and more the preceding months. I’ve had little swings of less than a pound up but would always kinda lose in a stair step way. I’d stay at a weight for most of a week and then lose about 3 pounds over 2 days.

I think I’m looking at one sapling when I should be looking at the forest.

(Becky) #5

I love this so much!!!

I’m back down to that 273.6 this morning, just over 2lbs down from yesterday.

Odd. I haven’t done anything different. And last night had a fairly heavy dinner, bacon cheeseburger cauliflower casserole.