Centurians - people who have lost more than 100 lbs

I started keto in Jan 2015 and lost 46kg over the following 18 months
Discovered Dr Fung and IDM September 2015 and completed a 10 day fast around that time. Intermittent and extended fasting are now regular parts of my lifestyle along with yummy keto food of course!
I have recently completed a half marathon which would have been inconceivable for me not so long ago.

That’s me on the right in the after pic…

(Will Madams) #83

WOW! Thats huge well done!

(Kenneth Russell) #84

Fantastic results. WTG. I’m especially impressed with that 1/2 marathon you mentioned. I’ve done two 10K runs since I got my life back. I’m currently upping the workouts in preparation for another 10K in April. I hope to do it in 59 minutes 59 seconds or less. Not bad for a guy who just 4 years ago had to stop to rest after climbing one flight of stairs. I want to do a 1/2 marathon like you did. I’m impressed. 13 miles, though. I still haven’t found the courage to try.

This year my bib will read KETO MAN.

I must come clean and say it was a power walk half marathon, so I didn’t break out into a run… this time anyway! A decent time of 3hrs 15min approx 6km/hr.
I was like you before keto too, puffed on a flight of stairs, jaded walking the supermarket. So all in all I was pretty happy with my achievement. Who knew I would actually enjoy walking, for pleasure! I may well find I enjoy running someday soon?!

(Sophie) #87

Absolutely Stunning!!! Well Done! :clap:

Amazing @Patrick_Belair. Congratulations!

(Richard Morris) #89

There 'ya go :slight_smile: We’ve both got to get ours down to 1.0

(Kenneth Russell) #90

Walk or jog, completing a 1/2 marathon is quite an accomplishment (especially for us). I love to walk. That is what I really enjoy. I’ve gone on a walk nearly everyday for the past 2 1/2 years. Who needs TV? I’d rather go walking. The reason I did my first 10K 2 years ago was because I couldn’t even imagine myself doing one for over 2 decades of morbid obesity. Then I saw an ad for the 10K on TV, I thought to myself “I could do that.” I then challenged myself to make it happen. Jogging wasn’t much fun, but it really made me fit fast. I managed to jog that first 10K in 72 minutes. It was an impossible dream come true. My daughter joined me and we had a terrific day. That would have been it for me. I prefer walking. But my daughter got hooked. She wanted us to do it again last year and we will be running it again this April. BTW: I beat my 18 year old daughter across the line both of the last two years. She is working out hard this year, though. She plans on beating her 54 year old dad this year.
Richmond_10K_2017

@khrussva
Oh that’s such an achievement and an awesome thing for a dad and daughter to do together. You must be so proud of each other! WTG

(Carolus Holman) #92

I was thinking more like 100% club rather than kilos/pounds. For Instance my estimated starting at 255 and my current weight. (57/198) x 100 = 28% , umm nevermind, not sure I will make it to the Centurion Level!

(Kenneth Russell) #93

Thank you and you are absolutely right. How many things did we miss out on over the years 'cause I couldn’t do it? I’d stepped to the sideline of my own life and missed out on a lot, I’m sure. Not anymore, though. Since regaining my health and reaching a relatively normal weight 2 years ago (and my goal weight 18 months ago) we’ve been making up for lost time. Hiking, camping, working out together, helping my daughters move their junk to and from college… I can do it all now. It is sad to think I could have done this a long time ago. My concept of dieting (verb) was all wrong. What I finally realized was that I was always on a diet. There was the diet I did to lose weight (low carb) and the other one that I always returned to that made me gain it all back with a few more to spare (the SAD). When I changed my concept of a diet and made LCHF/Keto my permanent way of eating my metabolism got fixed, stayed fixed, and I road that train all the way to goal. I wish that I’d gotten the memo 20 years ago. I missed out on so much life. But we don’t get do-overs. All we can do is the best we can from here on out.

You’ve got me thinking about doing a 1/2 marathon. Keep on doing your thing. Enjoy your walks.

(Jennifer Kleiman) #94

When I lost 100 lbs at age 46 I gained 2 inches :slight_smile: Free high heels! Shocked the heck out of me.

(Will Madams) #95

Be wary i did my first half and immediately wanted to do a full

Male, age 56-61 6’0" - (181cm -> 183 cm also)

Started 11/2012 at 352 pounds
Interim 8/2015 at 192 pounds (160 pounds lost)
Current 1/2018 at 182 pounds (174 two days in 2017!)
2018 Goal of 162 pounds for three weeks then rebound to 172 pounds.
2018 Goal of W/H < .5 and W/Hip < .90 << .94

Synthyroid 288 mcg > 171 mcg
Starting BP 150/100 - 124/81 11/2017
Fasting glucose 106 at 289 pounds to 88 last year. My Dr. won’t do A1c test for me either.

Sorry, no pictures, but rest assured, I am just getting purtier and purtier. :slight_smile:

I love this forum and your podcasts. I lost 60 lb on keto and I reckon I have youthened, and reversed the aging process. I don’t qualify for Centurion, well maybe I do. I lost 40 lb in 1997, using “Fit for Life” - lots of fruit and carbs, vegan eating. I got really sick but maintained my weight even after adding meat back to my diet. Menopause saw me gain weight quickly and FfL would not work. Started keto Dec 2012. It took 3.5 years to lose 30 lb, then quit wine due to illness and shifted another 30 lb in 3.5 months.

(Margie) #98

Very inspirational - congrats on your new life☺

(Dustin Cade) #99

So many amazing stories, I’m truly dumb founded I’ve been able to find success where I’ve failed so many times before! Thanks to not only @carl & @richard but all of you wonderful people who’ve filled my life with hope and accomplishment!

I have a nice long beard, but I’m no hipster :astonished::astonished::astonished::wink::wink::wink::grin::grin::grin::metal::metal::metal::joy::joy::joy:

(Jenn Monaghan) #100

It’s been my experience that most hipsters don’t even know they are hipsters. The more they deny it, the stronger the hipster within. j/k :laughing:

(carl) #101

That’s awesome and TRUE!

(ianrobo) #102

great century pod BTW !!!