Cauliflower Pizza

Lots of recipes out there and this is no different really, just a bit more precise! All the recipes I have seen say something like "a head of cauliflower"but that is really variable so I weighed out how much my half a head came out to.

The Crust
630g (6 cups) cauliflower rice
40g (1/2 cup) grated mozzarella
40g (1/2 cup) grated parmesan
2 eggs
2 tsps psyllium husks - makes it easier to handle but I wouldn’t buy some specially
whatever seasoning you like - I used salt, pepper, rosemary and some shallot flakes

• Blitz the cauliflower in a food processor to make the rice. This recipe was half a head of cauliflower but it’s going to depend on the size of your cauliflower.
  • Microwave the rice for about 15 minutes (uncovered), stirring a few times throughout.
  • Dump rice in a tea towel and wring as much moisture out as you can - careful, it is hot!
  • Add the eggs and mix in well.
  • Sprinkle the psyllium husks in and mix well, followed by the remaining ingredients.
  • Squish out the mix onto a silicon sheet or greaseproof paper nice and thin.
  • Cook in a hottish oven (225 C) for about 10 minutes. Flip it and cook for another 10.
  • I then let the bases dry out.

• Put whatever toppings you like on. I used homemade tomato sauce (tin of tomatoes, garlic and olive oil), mozzarella, parmesan and chorizo.
  • Put back in the hot oven and cook until done - mine took about 10 minutes.

They were not quite capable of picking up with fingers when hot as a bit too floppy and a touch soggy. I think that was more the fault of the toppings being a bit wet. They stiffened up a bit as they started to cool.

Outcome was good, much better than my first attempt where I made the bases way too thick. They tasted too much of cauliflower and were just not great. These, however, were really good. I codlin;t taste the cauliflower at all when they had the toppings on top. Before toppings they tasted kind of like cauliflower cheese - funnily enough :wink:

A bit of a faff but a great alternative to Carlshead if they don’t agree with you - ground almonds tend to give me tummy ache - or if you have cauliflower to use up as I did!

(matt ) #2

Pretty…those are cheesy!

Yeah, never undercheese in this household!

(Dustin Cade) #4

#Dang #Looks #Amazing I want this is my belly

(bulkbiker) #5

OK will have to give that one a try… looks yum… great viewing for a fasting day!

oops!

(bulkbiker) #7

s’ok you’re forgiven…!

(Shawn) #8

Looks like pizza is back on my menu for tonight!

I have half a bag of riced cauliflower I need to use up and I’m soooo doing this!!

That is the trouble with cauliflower isn’t it? Often have stuff left over so this is a perfect use of it.