Cauliflower Grilled Cheese

(G. Andrew Duthie) #21

If that’s your only objection, I’d recommend checking your local grocery store for pre-riced cauliflower. That’s what I used, and it did save a lot of time and hassle. As I understand it, it’s becoming more and more common to find in stores. Enough so that the rice industry is getting miffed.

(Arlene) #22

I will have to check into this.

(Ren) #23

Trader Joe’s has packages of fresh and frozen organic cauliflower rice for a decent price.

(Jennifer) #24

Costco has multipacks of frozen riced cauliflower as well…

(Cathrine Helle) #25

None of the stores nearby me carry riced cauliflower. I used the same method as you did the first time I made these, with equal annoyance. After having watched Headbangers Kitchens risotto video, I realised that I had been doing it wrong. He used the grating-disc in his food processor, not the knife. This was SO much easier! If you can’t get the readymade riced cauliflower, I recommend trying the cheese grater :slight_smile:

(Jane Reed) #26

Here’s another method of ricing cauliflower. Place chunks if it in a blender, fill blender with water, buzz away.

This does a very good job of creating tiny cauliflower particles. Unfortunately, it also leaves you the task of removing all that moisture. A fine mesh strainer is the initial step. Afer that I usually pour the damp mass onto 2 layers of tea towels and press hard.