Carnivore/Zero Carb January 2017!

(Genevieve Biggs) #203

Better!!!

(Arlene) #204

Lard is my fat of choice. Itā€™s so versatile, and I render many quarts every year when our hogs are butchered. It keeps all year in quart jars on the shelf. I have tried to render our beef fat the same way, but tallow just goes rancid on the shelf. Iā€™m not sure why. I do save all beef fats from cooking, then use the fat for the next several meals, storing it in the fridge. Itā€™s just nice that lard doesnā€™t have to be stored in the fridge.

I store all rendered fats in the fridge. Even lard. No matter if itā€™s important to do so or not. Puts my mind to rest that it wonā€™t go bad.

(nadine1073) #206

Trying more dairy this weekā€¦ gonna see how that goes. Dairy stalled me on ketoā€¦ but maybe will be different on ZC. Iā€™ve had cheese here and there but will be trying HWC in my roobios tea. Missing a warm drink but I have no broth atm. ZC and sweet free 16 days!! Yaye me :hugs:

Day 19: I just broke my 3 day zornfast with thisā€¦scrambled eggs and braised country style pork ribs. I donā€™t eat pork regularly beyond bacon but damn was this good!

(James Helm) #208

Bring your fishing pole on the cruise and catch some fresh fish up in Alaska.

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #209

I love lard, too. So creamy! But thatā€™s odd. Iā€™ve never had tallow go rancid. Itā€™s the traditional pemmican fat.

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #210

I have placed my bets. Let us know what you find out!

(Becky Searls) #211

Pate recipe please!?

(Adam L) #212

ZC + dairy free is working out ridiculously well for me, Iā€™m seeing blood sugar numbers consistently at record lowā€™s, 4.0-5.5 (72-100), at various different times of the day even upon rising in the morning when it had often been quite a bit higher than that. These are the kinds of results I had dreamed about when I started to learn about lchf then keto late last year. Any desire to eat something outside of the boundaries Iā€™ve set myself for January disappears thanks to the great results Iā€™m getting. This started as an experiment for me but Iā€™ve come to think about it as an elimination diet for what Iā€™m intolerant to - type 2 diabetic = carbohydrate intolerant. Certainly not worried about rushing to add back in various foods in February.

(nadine1073) #213

Wellā€¦ it didnā€™t take long to find out about the dairy! Sunday night my hubby made us an egg and cheese crust pizza with gb and bacon. I felt sooooo gross afterwards. :confounded: I was nauseated and my tummy felt like I had eaten rocks. Never again! No more dairy for me. Back to basics. Meat and water to the rescue :sunglasses:

(Annette) #214

[quote=ā€œRedMercury, post:202, topic:1902ā€]Howā€™s everyoneā€™s bm? Good, bad, better, worse?
[/quote]

Not so great, actually. Unless I help myself along with magnesium and Vit C.

(Alex Dipego) #215

pork blade! Seared in bacon fat! Some eggs on the side too but thatā€™s only because I want to create juice stop the pork :grin::grin::grin:

Oh no!

(Alex Dipego) #217

am I doing this right?

chart looks great but i donā€™t track macros. I have better things to do with my time and Iā€™ve found that one of the great things about zero carb is that as long as you stick to fat and protein it seems almost impossible to overeatā€¦truly food freedom.

day 22 and Iā€™ve finally started shedding pounds. 6 pounds so far and i feel great.

(Alex Dipego) #220

I donā€™t over eat but I can eat too much to lose. I track to follow my metabolism.

(Genevieve Biggs) #221

Looks good to me. :+1:

(Terry) #222

Three weeks down!
With only 10 days until the end of January, I feel certain that I will continue to ā€œCarnivore Zero Carb February 2017!ā€. I am down 15lbs this month & sleeping great. I havenā€™t ā€œcheatedā€ on my meat, eggs, & cheese woe, but I really miss wine!.
I have decided that if I continue eating this way through the spring, I may allow a celebratory glass or two of red wine each time I lose another 5 lbs. I would start this at -20lbs (because I want to finish January completely ā€œcleanā€). My only fear is that, before Keto, I used to crave carbs after drinking wine, (though i currently have zero carb cravings). Since my weight loss has dramatically slowed since losing the water weight (-2lbs last week) it wouldnā€™t be that often. Do you think this is too dangerous at this stage?