Carnivore Rocktober - ZC Carnivore 31 day challenge October 2022

(Linda ) #162

Still on high fat mod protein what I’ve noticed ? When I started eating this my blood sugar was 110 mg/dl in the morning which made me take action thats pre diabetic numbers…
Ater the first week i was seeing…97 or 96 with the odd 101 or 103 still way to high and these readings were all day long taken again after a couple hours of eating… lately my blood is 80 or 81 or high 70s
Proving to me that I was def way over eating meat… The fact its dropped so much is showing me that its not just because the cells were longer lasting ( unless extra fat makes them die faster lol…)
So I def had way too much glucose in my blood

I’m still eating a ton of butter but I’ve added in pork belly too …Im not hungry so I’m basically still two meals a day but if I’m needing the third meal I don’t hesitate. No diet mentality here
So although my overall consumption of protein is down by at least 50% I’m certainly not eating less when it comes to calories…
Energy is way through the roof and that’s even days I don’t get much sleep at night…

Food is costing me alot less since meat goes alot further a single steak is now two to 3 meals, my flanken ribs is going twice as far and fats are a pretty cheap side dish…but now I’m going through alot of butter lol…

Food today so far was fatty coffee and 1 flanken rib eaten with butter next meal will be flanken rib and pork belly…

I gave up tracking as it’s impossible :slight_smile:
My freezer is still so full - it will be so nice when it will be on the bottom of the fridge, I keep breaking boxes as they inevitably fall into their doom, I can’t be more careful than this, it WILL happen in the future too.
The freezer has less meat but fruit and mushrooms takes a lot of space temporarily, we pressure can them very often, it’s a small miracle I didn’t break a jar yet… I definitely don’t need more meat in the next few weeks (except some turkey) so that’s good but it’s a chaos there and hard to get out something from the back…

I took out the bones from the freezer and made a wonderful pork broth :slight_smile: The smoked pork hock bone was already used in another dish and Alvaro didn’t understand what more I want from it but it made my broth so so lovely :smiley: And the meaty pork chuck bone gave it the proper meaty flavors. It is so, so, so much better than the inferior fowl soup was last time (I suspect I used too much water too but it had to cover the bones… but this nice meaty pork bone did the trick and I always preferred pork soup over a fowl one).

The 70/30 pork (minus the lard I got from it so it’s more like 75/25) is pretty nice and I will eat it for a few days more.

I still eat at least 3 times a day, hopefully it will go lower.

Alvaro will cook a nice rabbit stew tomorrow, that will be a nice variety, not like I particularly need it but it’s better to eat something else than pork and chicken liver now and then… I still will need pork, a young rabbit is so small and probably not particularly satiating. It feels like fowl to me. The taste is a bit different but super lean breast, tender meat, feels not as substantial as pork and ruminants…
Oh I will eat rabbit liver again :slight_smile: It has a very mild but still nice flavor :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Megan) #164

Hi Michael, I am touched by your response. I agree osteoarthritis may not account for “sudden pain onset everywhere” and I hope your mother is okay.

(Megan) #165

I’m seriously considering throwing in the towel and constructing a food list to eat from based on what I have learnt on this forum and resources on the internet. I just walked 7 feet to my bedside table to get something from a drawer and had to sit on my bed when I got there. Somehow I have to take my dogs out for a run today. I only take them every 2nd day and skipped yesterday b/c I was exhausted, so they haven’t been out in 3 days.

If I decide I’m done I will try to make sure I eat low carb but not restrict it to 20 grams a day - because what is the point for me of keeping carbs that low? On keto, ad lib carnivore and lower protein/higher fat carnivore my morning blood ketones are 0.2. I’ve had one 0.5 reading, one 0.4 reading, 5 0.0 readings and every other one has been 0.2. So, if I’m not in ketosis why do ketogenic? I know ad lib carnivore isn’t ketogenic, per se, but keto and lower protein/higher fat is - just not for me. I haven’t mentioned my ketone levels b/c it’s all about ketones for me, I’ve mentioned them b/c there seems to be no point going very low carb in how I will eat, if I decide to ditch what I am currently doing.

And if not feeling good, or at least somewhat good, is b/c I’m not keto adapted yet, or fat adapted yet, or whatever the F else adapted yet, I’m just not sure what to say - other than I shouldn’t be feeling like this 5 months in.

Thanks Megan and Shinita. I also had a cream check up. I’m dolloping single , standard cream in my coffee. We must have fat dairy cows around here as the cream is 39% fat. I get the cream in 600ml containers, and notice I use about 200ml per day in eating and drinking. A main driver for this seemingly generous dosing may be, on reflection, food addiction. With a main support justifier as, ‘the carton is open, I need to eat it before it goes off.’

It may be worth a no cream trial. I eased the cheese in recent months. That was with @Karen18 Karen’s help*. But I do catch myself eating it if I get a work stress induced craving. The craving is usually for sweet taste, but the salve is nutty flavoured cheese. Either way these two dairy foods are mixed in with emotional eating that is not healthy.

*This small community in this tiny thread help me a lot, just by reading and sharing experiences. And clearly demonstrating that, through our daily adventures, stories, and non-food interests and activities, that we should consume life, in all its aspects, and not let food (worries) consume our lives.

I used to enjoy full fat, unsweetened, pot set (cultured in the pot) Greek yoghurt. Billie the Labrador gets a tablespoon mixed in her OMAD beef meal, and Mrs. Bear eats it (the yoghurt, not Billie’s meal). But yoghurt is not in my WoE at this time. I think the reason is distance. I like to have a buffer, a Lichtenstein, between me and sweetened yoghurt.

I read with interest what @Azi Linda writes about butter in discovering a fat:protein adjustment in her WoE based on blood glucose monitoring. It has been so interesting to read that experience. I have butter as my fry-pan frying substrate for eggs, if there is no tallow, nor lard,nor …(what is lamb fat?), in the pan. The butter blends into the animal-based fat in cooking, then it blends into me after eating

I like that the cream (quark), butter, yoghurt, dairy, fat discussion in relation to following a carnivore WoE has helped me reflect and improve my eating into the future. It is a food group that sits on the seesaw of ‘good’ and ‘bad’ depending on the human using it.

I just had a coffee with a dollop of cream. It sort of goes ‘bloop’, or ‘blop’ into the beverage. Some might take just a ‘dash’. I always put the cream in last. Sometimes, I think, there can be a bitter taste if a few days open, “older” cream has hot kettle water poured on it. I think some of the oxidised fats may be released that way? The reason I say “dollop” is because it is a written visual onomatopoeia that is adjacent, but distant enough, from quantity measurement, which is one of the potentially injurious behaviours of calorie counting that shifted our awareness away from hunger signal recognition. I can still see food measuring as important in the context of food addicts when the basic physiological signal is a craving, and satisfying addiction cravings is a big part of what messes people up. But to be in a, initially-thought-impossible, food measuring “by eye”, and eating by intuition, is a recognition of self-healing that has moved a person away from the dictatorship of cravings.

Last night I ate Spring lamb (again), it’s the most delicious meat at the moment. I’m back home from the city. It’s a stressful semester ending season, like October feasting season can be in North America, with work, as compared to the social pressures of looming community feasts and traditional desserts. We don’t have Halloween, nor Thanksgiving to deal with here. The lamb was accompanied by a rasher of bacon and a fried egg, and a playing card size 4mm-ish thick slice of sheep milk pan fried halloumi cheese. The drink paired with the meal was fresh rain water. I did have a salty, beef bone broth before dinner.

Fruit can be enjoyed in an alternate way. From the forest, an eye feast. Blossom after Spring rain.

(Linda ) #167

I think you might have to go more deeper into therapeutic PKD to get results you want
From pain but for now focuss on one thing at a time…
I’d stick to high fat either way but for a start if eating your yogurt and cream doesn’t affect you keep them in… get your weight lowered more would probably really help mobility…

Part of your non ketosis maybe related to the meds you were on?..but if your not in ketosis my advice is give it more time if your body is turning your foods and fats to sugar it makes no sense to add more foods that will also be turned to sugar…
Your blood glucose numbers are good so just give your body more healing time…but if cheese and dairy make life better don’t remove it at this stage…
I really had no choice I see was going to be diabetic if I had kept going… for you just dropping more weight might give you more relief …then look at your numbers… you are really tall maybe you are undereating for the energy you need…

On keto, ad lib carnivore and lower protein/higher fat carnivore my morning blood ketones are 0.2. I’ve had one 0.5 reading, one 0.4 reading, 5 0.0 readings and every other one has been 0.2. So, if I’m not in ketosis why do ketogenic?

I need to get a resupply of measuring sticks.

Hi Megan, I hear you.

I think it is important to measure blood glucose along side of ketones. Especially if one is seeking therapeutic effect. And even better is to get tested across a range of biochemical markers to see the changes across a range, like a mixing board in a sound studio. When ketones and blood glucose are stable, one may see a drop in a persistent high fasting insu… hang on a tick, I’ve got a large black spider on my arm… and, we’re back… Lin, for example. Or a drop in C reactive protein, or ESR erythrocyte sedimentation rate. With a guide that can read the hieroglyphs, progress toward health can be gauged in other ways.

It’s the way I worked through a recent year long recovery from polyarthritis as an adverse reaction to mRNA COVID vaccinations. It was stressful as well as painful. That keeps blood glucose high and blood ketones low because it is the reactive steady state, until it is not. I dabbled in the Palaeolithic Ketogenic Diet PKD reading area of our growing library as a therapeutic diet option for regaining pain-reduced mobility. But my thought was, to do PKD successfully, I’d need to team up with a practitioner.

My experience with carnivore is that it is not a ketogenic diet in my body. Often I have high blood glucose (>100mg/dl) with low ketones at 0.1mmol/L. That’s why following Linda’s experience with adjusting dietary fat and protein with a low carb carnivore framework is so interesting.

I don’t see any move back to inflammatory carbohydrates, or potential inflammatory plant toxins as of greater benefit than ZC carnivore eating. Seeing Linda’s discoveries and Michael’s plates shows the variety and variations within the dietary framework.

It needs to be tuned-in and adjusted for each individual. That may mean seeking help from others to get it to work better.

I can empathise with the pain and frustration, as it was in my recent past. Towel chucking can cause shoulder injuries.

(Megan) #169

The problem is I am in way way more pain now than I was before starting. Muscle, not joint. Joint-wise my arthritis is much better. But the biggest problem is I am weak. I have next to no muscle strength. Struggling to turn a can opener handle b/c my hand and arm muscles ran out of strength is ridiculous. Walking 7 feet and wanting to sit down is ridiculous. Needing to hang onto furniture to step over my dog is ridiculous (scared I won’t lift my leg high enough on my own and I’d trip on her and fall - plus my balance is shocking and I’m not nimble enough make a rapid leg adjustment to stop myself from tumbling).

CRP is now 3, every other test the past 6 years has been 12-13. I just saw my doc recently and had a fairly full series of blood tests done. Nothing notable in the results. ANA was mildly high but not as high as it has been in the past. HbA1C and fasting blood glucose all normal and has been normal when tested the past 6 years. Rheumatoid factor normal, some muscle inflammation marker test normal. Kidneys, liver, full blood count etc etc all normal.

This might be true some days maybe. I generally find eating high fat carnivore very unappealing. Plus, b/c I can’t stand the taste of butter/ghee, and beef fat is almost as bad, I’m relying on eating a lot of pork belly and pork shoulder, and pigs get fed all sorts of crap. Ditching pork means ditching high fat carnivore tho. As for dairy, still not having heavy cream but do eat some unsweetened low carb greek yoghurt semi-regularly and a slice of cheese every now and then.

I really don’t think more weight loss is going to make much of a difference at the moment. I still have some to lose but not a ton. Who knows tho. Whatever I decide to eat I will be keeping slow and steady weight loss in mind. I definitely don’t buy into the whole calorie restriction diet nonsense out there.

So you don’t think low carb (50ish grams a day, mostly from low antinutrient veg) and no seed oils, with a good amount of fatty meat and a bit of dairy, is a legitimate way to eat for health and weight loss? I’m wondering if it might even tick more nutrient boxes compared what I am currently eating, especially in regards to things like potassium and other minerals. I know Michael has all his boxes ticked but I don’t eat like Michael.

Anyway, thanks heaps for your replies Linda and FrankoBear :purple_heart:

(Judy Thompson) #171

Cute cartoon FB! I kept a copy.
Also :
“I can still see food measuring as important in the context of food addicts when the basic physiological signal is a craving, and satisfying addiction cravings is a big part of what messes people up. But to be in a, initially-thought-impossible, food measuring mode “by eye”, and eating by intuition, is a recognition of self-healing that has moved a person away from the dictatorship of cravings”
This took me back to my FA days, a 12 step program called Food Addicts Anonymous that I was in from 2002 to 2007. All good was weighed and measured and pre-planned and declared to a sponsor at 6 am each day. Later in the program, 3 or 4 years, the sponsor would allow you to eyeball your food instead of weighing. Your analysis of this process really cleared this up, now I see a method to their madness! But for me, never again. I do not nor ever did consider myself an addict. Happy to have carnivore which is self limiting. When it stood tasting good, I’m done

(Judy Thompson) #172

@MeganNZ I’d been just that, 20-50g carbs, for about 10 years and since 2015 my osteoarthritis has been quite severe at times, with sciatica and SI pain causing trouble. Radio frequency treatments didn’t help so I quit them. Now on ZC for 10 months, still taking gabapentin and Skelaxin at night but pain is far far less, playing longer gigs without medication and using the stairs frequently is now possible. I quit the slavish tracking of blood sugars. I was never ever in ketosis so I stopped wasting money on sticks.
Pork and fish can’t be my main proteins though, they don’t satiate and I get reactions sometimes, both digestive and muscular. Chicken with added fat is okay but beef is by far my best choice. Snacks (small mid morning and between student meals) are usually 1 boiled egg or 3 1-oz slices of sharp cheddar (shared equally with the puppy, so actually 1½ oz :rofl:)

@Karen18 I love reading several books at once too- But you remind me I have hymns to rewrite for Texas! Darn, I’m way behind.
The Upside down Dog Story, as we call Mark Haddon’s novel (because of the image on the cover) - delighted all of us. I heard the audiobook at least twice and my daughter & hubby loved it too.

Cooking the beef tenderloin this morning. Got a tray of chicken thighs also for this week. Yogurt I make for hubby’s shakes will now be fermented 24 hours as I just read that rest time absolves it of all lactose! I may be able to chance a small dish if lactose is gone. Otherwise, the Ole Covid grunge taste is still with me. For that reason also, I cook everything in ghee.

I can relate to that but my boxes are 200ml and bags are 250ml. It’s not impossible for us to consume it in a few days for sure but we don’t actually need this much. But I can’t buy it in smaller amounts and cream isn’t really freezable if I remember it correctly…? No, I don’t remember but for some reason once I decided I don’t do that. And 250ml (my preference as it has a more subtle UHT flavor. cream is so great, enjoyable even with UHT flavor, I don’t use it alone anyway but it’s still nicer to get the better stuff) isn’t THAT much… But I can’t have an open bag all the time, it would be excessive, I would consume about 300ml every week! Now I open one bag per month and consume 150ml per month. But we buy milk too nowadays. That probably will drop, I imagine it will be 1-2 liters per month, the vast majority goes into Alvaro’s desserts, I use up the rest in some days. Cream is better for coffee and my desserts but Alvaro don’t use enough of that so it should be occasional (while he can use up any amount of milk easily, that is his more versatile item, not cream). Anyway, I don’t want to drink much coffee and I rarely use desserts and I have simpler ones…

But cream is still a very nice thing to have :slight_smile: It will be very enjoyable here and there, not often.

I came a long way and I theoretically could live without dairy for a longer time. I surely would add too much carbs as I can’t live on eggs and meat though… But I can live without cream or sour cream or cheese for several days and even weeks, I know that now. I just need some of the rest. And quark is my ally. But I lived without it for a very long time too. I like this. My dairy gives me variety but I am not a slave to any of them, they aren’t as necessary as meat and eggs. It is tricky to be without meat or eggs for 1 day - the easiest would be fasting, actually… They are the pillars of my diet.

Mmmm, sounds good. I typically just eat some nice Gouda. Sometimes brie. Very, very rarely blue cheese. I like the taste but it’s very strong and I end up eating a pea sized amount per meal and Alvaro finishes the rest. Blue cheese is usually quite expensive. It would be great to buy them in 10g doses, it would be enough for me when I fancy some blue cheese… Sigh. I have this with a few things. It’s good I have Alvaro but even we together can’t drink wine as we can’t finish a whole bottle (that’s 7dl… we only have smaller ones for the wine that lasts forever opened, it’s 20% sugar and I lost the ability to drink it ages ago. whenever I fancy some wine, that’s some dry red. it only happens 1-2 times a year and it’s not very serious so it’s not really a problem but I still like to indulge my desires…) in a week or whatever is the expiration period. We only drink wine in spicy wine season as that helps and we can pull it off somehow…
I don’t even care that isn’t carnivore as it happens in December and I inevitably go off at least a bit sometimes. I obviously don’t put sugar into my spicy wine, just heat and spices, probably tea too. I think. I don’t remember the details.

Yogurt… I never had a relationship with that. I always saw it as something pointless, almost just water, a tiny bit fun for some people (I strongly preferred kefir as it’s sour! :smiley: and ate maybe one small cup in every few years. I was, am and will be a sour cream lover. the sourest, creamiest kind I can find) and some sugar… I believe it can be good for people but I get my nutrients elsewhere, not from something not even food due to almost no calories :smiley:
And then, 1-2 years ago I met Greek yogurt! I obviously heard about it before but I wasn’t interested in yogurt.
10% fat, wow. It actually feels like something… Or almost. Still a watery thing so I eat up a lot so carbs shoot up… But it’s creamy, helped when my fav sour cream changed and became less creamy… But not very good for my very low shopping frequency, it’s not that fun either so I went back to my sour cream, we buy 850ml once or twice per month and we never run out. It’s very needed in Hungarian cuisine and I put it on nearly anything. When I was a kid, I drowned my scrambled eggs in it. Now I just use a bit, occasionally.

I ate sweetened yogurt a few times in my year, sweet fruity quark desserts way more often… The yogurt wasn’t so very tempting, still a watery thing just sweet. I could make way better desserts with eggs :slight_smile: Maybe my huge love towards eggs is the main reason that I never understood why anyone would want non-keto desserts (except in special cases, I have some too) when keto desserts are the best… (Carnivore desserts are more limited and one with a huge sweet tooth need to change a lot to appreciate them.) I have this confusion regarding ice cream the most. Almost every ketoers desire and miss ice cream. And I never did. Well I made my superior keto ice cream but it wasn’t a common thing for me. And carnivore ruined my remaining desire :frowning: It’s nice and creamy and variety and I lost it. Sigh. Oh well :slight_smile: As I often say, we don’t need to eat everything nice. It’s enough if our food is right for us on every important level.
But wanting normal ice cream? Hell no. It’s not a good thing. Sometimes I read the label and it’s mostly sugary water with too little fat. I prefer rich, fatty desserts. With lots of protein. Hence my egg based ice creams I don’t desire anymore :frowning: But they were quite good :slight_smile:

But I have my other weaknesses especially in low egg times so I actually shouldn’t be here now… (I continue eating my pork, of course, it’s lovely and the major part of my diet now. I can’t really eat cheese without eggs and eggs are scarce now, no sponge cakes for me. If I will be bored of this low egg challenge, we can get some more any time, of course, it’s just some extra effort so I try to avoid it, I have plenty of other things to eat.)

I think all ruminants have tallow…?

The dollop always made an image in my mind of some more solid stuff like sour cream… My cream is typically liquid. I put a series of drops into my coffee, quickly so the drops form a tiny but short stream, they aren’t separate drops… 50ml cream is enough for several coffees of mine even if I use it generously :).
If I love something or if I am hungry, I tend to use bigger amounts of everything even if my plans include smaller ones… I think it’s quite normal for humans. But my coffee shouldn’t be too white, that’s wasteful, unnecessary :slight_smile: My coffee is super weak so it takes a little cream to make it light.

Food measuring has quite a few important uses. Alvaro does it to the extreme IMO when making some of his food, he says even grams matter (but the kitchen scale can’t even measure that accurately…) :smiley: But he never counts his calories, he doesn’t need it as he loses fat when he eats twice, maintains if he eats 3 times and gains fat if he stops exercising… I am not like that at all and no way I don’t eat for the 6th time if I am hungry or tempted…
But calorie counting is informative too. I learned a few things from it. I don’t do the part but it could be useful where I track my daily protein to figure out if I should eat more to avoid midnight eating… I am quite against the result influencing my actual day so I prefer tracking the next day. Or not at all as I do it now, it’s nice. But I will get curious again… I plan to track 5-7 days in the future. I just write down the type and weight of my meat slabs (and the rendered out lard in some cases) so I don’t need to care about how the weight changed, how much I ate when… It’s so tiresome and I don’t think I gain much from that information now. Simple eating is required for very simple tracking too but I will be able to pull that off soon I suppose.
While tracking almost never stops me from eating whatever I want and as much as I want, I probably get more bold without it, at least sometimes. If I never tracked, it couldn’t happen but if I stop it sometimes, usually when I go off… These factors strengthen each other.
One day I will be beyond that too I think.

Everyone eats lamb and I almost never did in my life but when I did, it was GREAT. I want it again… :pleading_face:
WHY is it so hard to get here? We had sheep GALORE in the last few hundreds of years… Okay, life changed and sheep need lands to graze on but we have plenty of fields, I see so many grazing cows… Sometimes goats… But not very many sheep.
Well it’s a tad odd that it’s very hard to get beef too… And we get less and less as years pass, both raising cattle and import diminishes, at least I’ve read that in the paper about how Hungarians ate between 2004-2013. The war surely did no good to that trend, beef is luxurious, people focus on way more common and cheaper ones. When I was a kid, Mom never was shy with spending money on food but we almost never ate beef. Maybe once or twice a year and it was some bland soup so I didn’t like it. I preferred pork but we usually ate chicken or vegetarian food. It could have been better - but it could have been SO much worse. I ate all the eggs, dairy, fat, vegs, fruits and worse things I wanted… And I ate everything in big amounts. But not much meat.

Yes! I wondered about bringing a photo of our medlars (rejected the idea), they are unripe and purely decorative now… Quince (like most fruits) is pretty when ripe, medlar is pretty when unripe and our small tree is FULL with them. Green leaves, orange-ish fruits, it looks stunning - for months! I look out of the kitchen window and I see it since several weeks and it will continue for a month more…

It’s quite individual what it healthy and what helps with fat-loss… I never could lose fat eating 50g carbs as carbs make me hungry and “wild”. I easily overeat there and feel much worse. There is a reason I heroically try to stay close to carnivore even if it doesn’t go well in summer and autumn… (Still way better than not trying and eating more carbs, I am not displeased, it’s the best I can do.)
Not like it ever went REALLY well in winter but I hope this next one will be the one! I handle meat way better now, boredom has a very small chance.
But other people feel better with a bit more carbs (maybe it’s the carbs, maybe the new items, who knows?), we know many people has problems with dairy… So it really is an individual thing where experiments may help. In bad cases you get different results with the same style if you do it at different times as your body needs healing first or getting used to something… :frowning:
I am sorry to read about your problems, it is very worrying, I just hope you will find some way to make it better soon…

:smiley: I am the worst at eyeballing :smiley: Not everything, I know how 10g lard looks like but meat? I am totally lost at that. 4000kcal meat looks cute to me, fortunately my own body feels how much it is so it doesn’t let me eat it all… But I wouldn’t dare to eat fatty pork ad libitum in multiple meals… As I know I can massively overeat then. At least for a single day, that’s not so bad but still… And I know, I experienced, I got that important info from my tracking that I need my high protein and if I need to eat a TON of fat to get it, I will. And that’s not good for me.

I still don’t think I ever get this. If a food is tasty, it’s tasty even if I ate twice what I needed… Maybe it’s “tasty but I don’t desire it” in my case. But I may feel less than zero desire towards my meat when very hungry… It’s not easy. Though I usually can figure out if I need food so it’s good. I have no problem with figuring out when to eat (though I usually eat earlier) and when to stop (though it’s rarely a sudden sign) nowadays. This is nice, I was often lost before.

(Karen) #174

If you enjoyed that book I think you would really like

Very enlightening x

(Michael) #175

Cooking bacon and sweetbreads up today while eating breakfast.

(Judy Thompson) #176

I’ll go to Amazon and get this right now.

(Megan) #177

Yesterday was a bad day, I’m feeling a bit more rational today. I need to go back to the doctor and get more tests done. All the ones he ordered were to rule out the obvious stuff, now it’s time to go deeper. A much more rational idea than throwing out my current woe when it’s a health promoting woe for most people!

I just told my friend I’m feeling really unsupported by her. I need to add food choices and amounts to the list of stuff we just shouldn’t talk about. She apologized, we’re good. Love each other a lot and I’m glad I said something.

Lovely day here, sunny and not too hot. Dogs are outside wrestling and racing around.

Sunshine and blue skies here. But perfection is elusive with neighbours on rural properties with 2-stroke motor toys to burr and roughen the serenity. In between rev ups there is wind whispering the trees, birds twittering, and someone has a loud hen in lay. It feels like a day I could build something. Like a house, a resolution, or a pathway to improved health.

Billie and I retreated to the beach for an hour yesterday when a neighbour thought a Saturday morning leaf blower was the way to start the weekend. Whatever happened to sweeping? The ocean was cool to cold. Enough to dive in, but not to stay too long. I choose the north beach because the sand is soft and asks of the walker for energy and balance. The beautiful south beach surrounded by National Park is firm and people who don’t take their shoes off walk there… until they have to cross the creek that cuts through to the ocean. Dogs are welcome at both for frolicking.

Yesterday 2MAD, eggs and bacon at noon, 2 coffees with cream 2 hours apart, beef bone broth and another (boiled) egg in the afternoon. Rib eye steak, halloumi cheese, some cold roast beef, and cold chicken for dinner. Interesting because usually a rib eye is enough.

I’m still getting wrong cravings from some poor stress eating choices at work last week. Getting back to the proper WoE at home is simple. But the hangover craving effects (gut biome / dopamine changes and messages?) are annoyingly persistent. I can recognise how people struggle to stay on plan when it seems one is, sometimes, in a life and death wrestling match with one’s self. Falling back to justifying intuition when one has gone off plan is a bad idea.

Billie thinks she can drive the car.

Enjoying this interview podcast. The Queen of England was a low carb plan eater.

Dr. Fettke talks at one point about the recent scientific paper that demonstrated circulating high blood insulin as pro-inflammatory, that includes muscles, joints , and connective tissue.

He also observes things like pimples being an insulin responsive problem, as are dental changes with higher or lower carbs, as are in-grown toenails. Ugh, the things he has to treat and deal with. There are all these body signals, that by being either present or absent, or increasing and returning, or disappearing, that are notable when staying on plan.

(Linda ) #180

Glad to hear your feeling better at least emotionally and hopefully some more tests may help you figure out what’s going on with you as well…

This is a great thought.

We are many layers in our journey. Many changes on mind body and soul on our own timeline have to come into play for each of us. Different times on plan mean different styles of eating to help effect alot of change. Our bodies show us direction for sure. So each person’s journey on this lifestyle will never always match up but one thing we got is reading how people do change on plan and what new info they are exploring and more…so great little community. Wow we aren’t a regular ol’ thread anymore, we are a community…I just love that.

Life and death struggle match…that is me. I can eat backwards. Oh yea I can pretend to get away with it a few times and ‘get right back on the carnivore bandwagon’ but in end I fail all times. Most do. If one has cravings to those levels and mind changes about food intake etc. and physical body changes back on carbs, then yea, that walk back to zc is a toughie. been there, done that. it is hard. One reason I will not eat ever more than 1 bite of something when I wanna have 1 bite of something. which is more rare cause I know me.

-----------------so one thing on carnivore is you have to find ourselves in this lifestyle. We can read and connect with other’s experiences and IF some correlation hits and seems common to another then advice can help and such but we have to know ourselves. I know I can’t pretend/deny or excuse eating carbs. Carbs are death to me point blank. I get fatter and fatter and eat and eat and feel horrible ANY time I ingest them. Like @JJFiddle said in good posts, the lifestyle works for many of us cause it shuts down all cravings as long as one holds the plan and EATS WELL and all they need. Once we get to ‘tweaky’ we can put ourselves in a very bad compromising position.

Learn more and more about yourself is key on this plan. Some people’s adaption and healing can be super rough but that is what it is for them.

I came into zc with great health. Just fat, sluggy, tired, achy and all that but never had med issues of any real kind and on no prescrip meds ever. Knock wood my health was good, just flagged and deteroriating by literally my food consumption as I aged. So I can give some experiences on how to get thru adaption and what ifs that might happen to all but I can only give so much cause not ‘that much’ happened to me in adaption. I had it but a lower form with one biggie, that month 7-8 on plan I went down to extreme exhaustion and fatigue that was insanity for 2-3 wks and boom, out of it I came better than ever.

We can read and read but in the end we have to be true only to ourselves in what works for us on this plan and don’t deny the reality of who we are with how carbs effect us. Without that we can’t make it long term on any eating plan change actually. Gotta find who we are and commit to that path.

So enjoy good ol’ carni chat :slight_smile:

So today is 3 chick wings to finish up
finish up one big ol’ honking pork chop I had leftover from last night
second meal will be beef, not sure if just a steak or will hit up just some big ol’ burgers.

I just keep eating what I want, all I want, when I want and am holding very calm and easy on plan. Feeling good. Nice thing is I tried on my ol’ red leather jacket that is too tight still, but it is 'almost ’ LOL no loss on scale but the darn jacket is getting closer to being worn without a lb. lost. OK all, I will take that magic from the universe and carnivore and not even bother questioning it :sunny:

One thing that is truly irking me is affording my coveted seafood. I would kill right now for a few lobsters, or like 3-4 lbs of crab but the costs? omg! but ya know what, good ol’ holiday season is coming and I ‘need’ nothing so my present to me from my hubby is gonna be a very expensive trip to seafood store and get what I want. I don’t care about presents and all that jazz at my age HAHA but I care about what I eat daily very very much so yea, all holiday stuff is gonna be geared right at my seafood I want so badly! I realize I require it. It is ‘part of me’ and my eating journey so I am gonna find all ways to get my paws on it come heck or highwater LOL

zc strong all!