Carnivore Rocktober - ZC Carnivore 31 day challenge October 2022

It doesn’t sound that very good… I always read it’s good. I am still very curious and surely will try it one day…
Grass is bad, there is a reason I hated almost all green leaves even as a vegetarian with a HUGE love towards most vegs… The green taste. Ew. Like grass. Ew.

But cricket is an animal… Shouldn’t it have a different taste? But I never ate insects so…

Ohhh, eewwww… hard pass on the crickets xD

They would have to taste of something absolutely HEAVENLY for me to be able to get over the psychological silliness (I mean, the 'block on that is silly, and I know it is!) of eating them in the first place, and ‘earthy, wet grassy’ is definitely NOT gonna cut it for me :rofl:

(Megan) #325

Hi CHRG, welcome to the thread. I drink coffee and will sometimes have some organic ceylon cinnamon on greek yoghurt but apart from those 2 things it’s just meat, eggs, a bit of greek yoghurt and an occasional piece of cheese.

I didn’t do any kind of elimination menu start like Fangs mentioned, I’ve always drunk coffee and ate a lot of dairy when I started.

What are your reasons for wanting to eat carnivore? They may answer your question on how “strict” you want or need it to be.

It is an animal, made for human consumption, allegedly good, I really have no problem with cricket eating. I am a curious person too :wink:

And as testicles are here in these threads all the time so we can’t forget about its existence as food :smiley: I talked with Alvaro about it. We both are against eating it raw but we both would try it out - but we wouldn’t go out of our way to get some, we aren’t THAT curious.

I think I finished my day. I had 4 meals in a… IDK, 6-6.5 hour eating window? I started a bit early but Alvaro had lunch and I was a bit hungry already… I try to wait longer tomorrow.

I made pork ham roast or what should I call it, the stuff was quite lean this time! But hungry me will eat it, this way or another but not much per day, probably… It’s less than 3 pounds and Alvaro is willing to help…
But tomorrow we open the smoked pork hock! Yum. Alvaro will cook it with beans (Ethiopian ones, apparently) and the pressure cooker makes it so so very tender and I know that it can be pretty much separated from the plants (as it goes in in 1 piece) so I will eat from that too. But some will be only mine.

So, for lunch I had no fresh roast yet so I ate my leftover pork chuck roast piece and scrambled eggs with a sausage (3 eggs). And an eggy, buttery coffee. Then came some tiny meals, freshly made sponge cakes with some cheese. I tracked, 1400 kcal and 100g protein… I didn’t resist when I realized I am not fully satiated yet later. So I tasted my very lean pork, had more sponge cake and cheese… It was an okay day (except the too many meals, I need to resist eating a TAD better). Guesstimation says 1690 kcal, 130g protein, 126g fat. 5MAD in the end in 6-6.5 hours? Something like that. Totally good for this inactive day. I go out tomorrow even if the fog stays, I postponed it too much.

~$3.8 food cost, that’s good. I will have cheaper days too.

Carnivore items are animal ones but there is some grey area… Spices, maybe some condiments (but some are so carby I wouldn’t have them on true carnivore, good thing I do carnivore-ish, it only adds a tiny bit more wriggle room, it’s my own thing. I still expect myself to use them in moderation and only if I need them), coffee, tea… But we all do our own thing, main thing we find our sweet spot, in or out of carnivore, it’s not about some badge or label just feeling right, being healthy.
I often just stay close to carnivore but I need some items even if I have some (in my opinion) proper carnivore time. I use very little spice but they are fine with me. Tea and coffee too, it would be too miserable without both, doable but I don’t see the point :slight_smile: If it’s really needed, I have no problem with a few drops of lemon juice. And that’s about it. Even my carnivore-ish barely allows more, sweeteners are still out :D. And they would help(?) so much when I want something different… But I am a stubborn one. It’s not food (okay, it’s true for coffee too but I am still addicted), it may complicate things, it’s so very in conflict with carnivore… So nope even if it seems hard. But no, as long as I don’t start to add carbs, I don’t desire sweet stuff, it’s almost magical! Never had this before carnivore. Now I often have this even if I go off. Yay, I am trained. And more free.

Oh and welcome!

(Karen) #328

Hi Mr Bear i have found the whole business of Atril fibrillation and strokes so hard to get my head fully round. I don’t know if the Atril fibrillation caused my stroke or whether it was because it was coupled with High BP. Whatever the fact is, it did happen.
I was talking with my dance partner friend Raymond yesterday over a lovely brew in the garden centre. I knew he had been keeping a check on his BP and taking the readings to his surgery every week over the last few weeks, so I asked him what his readings were that morning. He said oh I haven’t done it today because the surgery haven’t asked for any more readings as it seems okay now and I feel great. I had to remind him that we can still ‘feel’ great and yet have high BP and suggested he continue to monitor it. I said for the time it takes you to do the reading in the morning isn’t it worth it to know it is okay and in the ideal range because if you find it is high one morning you can do something about it … either let the doctor know or arrange a quieter day where you just rest up. For the sake of a couple of minutes you can save your life and that is surely worth it … I told him I wanted him around a lot longer and need my dance partner fit and able to get on that dance floor again lol. He did agree and said he will start doing the readings again.

I am still doing daily readings and yesterday it was the lowest it has ever been, totally within the ideal range, coming in at 96/64! (The second reading, as I always take 2, one after the other, was 100/63 so i knew it was pretty accurate)

I was also told about the ablation therapy and also inclusion therapy neither of which would be an option for me. The cardiologist was quite clear that one was too expensive and was only offered to those who cannot tolerate Apixiban (which i can) and the other was not guaranteed to work and was an intrusive therapy offered to those who have constant atril fibrillation. I had it the morning of my stoke and if the paramedics who attended hadn’t done the test they would never have known I’d had it as it was normal when I got to hospital! My BP however was up through the roof.

(Karen) #329

Just posting my last supper of Rocktober and will
moo-ve on to moovember thread… could resist🙂

Had a busy day yesterday so chucked a whole big chick into slow cooker… not cooked a whole chick in it before so it was a bit of a hit and miss … if it works it works kind of thing.

Helped some crossfit friends moo-ve home in the morning, loading their van … not quite as organised as my daughter and her hubby last week but I didn’t say anything as the lass was quite stressed and embarrassed by how unpacked and unorganised everything was and that she wished she wasn’t such a hoarder etc and so I just got stuck in lol. Then while we were all standing in the room, one of them guys said “Oh didn’t Sian and Dave just move house, I hear they were very organised?” “Well”, I said, "I wasn’t going to mention it BUT now YOU have, Yes, they were uber uber organised :sweat_smile:

Came home for a bite to eat when there wasn’t much else I could do and had a fabulous mussel and cheese omelette I picked up the mussels cheap in reduced section in Asda on the way home and the meal was tasty as😀

Then off to take Raymond to the G/C cafe for a brew and catch up and ten returned to help my friends loading the van for a 2nd run. Then back home again and could smell he chicken so guessed it must be ready and when I lifted it from the slow cooker it fell apart!

It was lovely with just some salt on and I ate a fair amount. I don’t usually eat plain chicken so it made a change. Variety is meant to be the spice of life so they say but today I will probably add some spice and heat it in some butter and also butter fry the skin.

yea there is…me… :skull_and_crossbones::astonished::clown_face::clown_face:

always saying carnivore has its’ personal plan guidelines ya know but in the end, what we can ‘eat carnivore’ is super personal to each of us as we progress thru out time line on plan.

if one comes into the plan correctly one can learn themselves and then change as required they need be ya know SO IF ONE wants real zc benefits one must do the lifestyle point blank…hence I police that for newbies easily :slight_smile: I can show you my badge HAHA New people need real police militant truths on what this plan can give IF done right from the start so I police those posts in a way to give real info ya know.
ok enough of that cause my badge time has expired :ok_hand: :rofl:

---------------------I AM IN total head clog. We got rainy icky weather and kiddo brought home ‘school crud’. yea. I have one ear clogged and snots up the kazoo and just in a ‘tunnel’ to hear and function. taking some drugs to help but FEEL FINE from the neck down LOL
ugh—a bit in that LALA zone of my head is a bowling ball on top of a toothpick feeling. But I will survive as usual.

not eating top notch as I should right now. doing the ‘picker zc’ type stuff. some tuna. salami…some leftover cold chicken was good last night at 11pm cause I was starving and my brain was thinking, hell make a bag of nuked popcorn and eat that. WTH? yea

today I KNOW I need bigger food. Got a nice ribeye steak first meal and I got shrimp to boot that and later I got 2 nice pork chops I will grill.
Real food vs. like ‘wedding taco chick’ meat scraps or using small food to give me what I require and that never ends up good.

big meat. Life. straggle meat times mean I start to wonder, hit thoughts of craving, or eat that anyway and more…got the wake up call last night when crap popped into my head to eat…feed me.

got a lb. of bacon defrosting. oh yea, when in doubt, eat a lb. of bacon :wink:

ZC strong all!!!

hey, it is NOV today, new thread??
@FrankoBear, did ya start MOOvember? didn’t see it…hmm

I wrote down the brand name of the smoked pork hock we bought last time. Never again. Its texture is odd. A bit chewy raw, nothing special - but it didn’t get wonderfully tender in the pressure cooker and it spent a lot of time there. The last one became irresistible, just perfect while this has some odd firmness, like some jelly made with too much agar agar (I never liked the texture it gives, gelatin does it way better but agar agar is easier to handle and one can melt it again… still, I can’t do much with it due to the weird texture it gives)… But harder? Or half-raw pasta? IDK but it’s annoying. We will eat it but it was a disappointment. And I already had the harder outside parts of the pork hock in my scrambled eggs and some too lean, chewy pork roast… So I totally needed some sponge cake, cheese and creamy coffee to raise the level of my lunch :frowning: It’s still not as good as I like.

I start to get bored of carni food and it’s only day #2 - but it will be fine, I just need to make some pork chuck roast again and then turkey… But tomorrow I make some sausage meatballs from this lean pork, it will be very fine ground, spiced, mixed with yolks and fried. Still not as good as my fav meat dishes but still enjoyable.

So I had coffee(s) but not until I had my first meal, it should be good enough for now. I ate pretty early though, around noon. I got hungry, it happens.

It’s not even nearly as fatty as the last one but that would be okay.

The same for me except fog, not rain and I am healthy, just mentally foggy and I hate that… :frowning:
I. Want. SUNSHINE! Or at least some proper amount of diffused light without fog! We have thick fog in the morning, thinner fog later… I get whinier and whinier as time passes but I am solar powered and I have more than enough problems without this stubborn fog.

Get better quickly, @Fangs!

ME TOO we had massive fog this morning with the ‘entire sky’ just ON ME ya know. that damp, ominous thick ick heavy on me feeling of the universe saying there is NO sunshine which I thrive in…so get ya on that too S!!

You and me, solar powered and I SO get that :sunny: Mental foggy thru weather issues I think is alot of us!

Fog can be pretty. Fog in the morning? Fine. But we have fog since several days ALL the time :frowning:
Maybe I mentioned the November several years ago when we had thick fog for 3 whole WEEKS. I still wonder how I survived that.

And the forecast says there might be sunshine… Since days. And that there surely will be soon… But the weather is a chaotic, unpredictable thing (it’s possible to some extent but it’s hard to say something for almost sure, one part of the country has sun, the other not and who knows where we will be) so I am just cautiously hopeful.

Oh I stop, it won’t help anyway. But I really need sunshine now. or at least walks but I am super reluctant to go out when it’s 11C (since days, day and night, temperature is pretty stubborn in foggy weather) and everything is WET. And I only have summer pants anyway but that’s not a big deal (but I should buy pants or slim down to fit into what I have :slight_smile: I only have my elegant black ones but that’s not ideal for wet, muddy forests, to put it lightly. I have skirts too but a long black silk skirt is even worse… I HATE buying clothes so I just don’t do it ever. I usually get some from Alvaro’s Mom, it’s convenient. But I really need pants now. Trousers for the Brits.)

So I barely walk, it’s bad. I could go out even in this weather - but I am so sleepy and tired and sometimes achy (my back, my weak point) and moody that I just postpone it. And that lowers my energy level so it’s a circulus vitiosus.

Alvaro drags me out sometimes (no, he isn’t that type but he comes up with a reason to go out and I go) for a tiiiny walk. Today we take out the garbage :slight_smile: That’s 1.3 km but it’s easy to add a bit more. I probably need fresh air, I have a baby headache today.

I get that, foggy can be mystical pretty but it means massive car wrecks on the road getting to work on the highways…I think that mystical tunes up worse now then in the old days ya know :slight_smile:

-------------------OK FB ain’t around…starting MOOvember for us guys since FB hasn’t posted yet.

all go to MOOvember carnivore to chat, new month, NEW US!!!

go here:
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/moovember-carnivore/116935/2

(Robin) closed #336