Carnivore New Help

(Ashley) #41

Oh no, I started eating this way because my brother had cardiac arrest back in March and they told him only 4% of people live through that type of cardiac arrest. He died 6 times. After that I decided I want my health in order. The weight loss is great but my overall health is most important especially since I have autoimmune diseases and heart issues.

(Ashley) #42

Broke through my stall. I wouldn’t really call it a stall. But I was stuck with the same weight for about 3 weeks. Been eating meat and cheese til full. Haven’t been counting. Just fatty meat. I probably had roughly 1 1/2 Pounds of meat. I couldn’t eat more was very full. I am more sedentary especially tonight as my day off. Will probably eat a bit more tomorrow as ill be walking quite a few miles since I clean very very large factories. Dropped 5 lbs which I’m assuming I was holding onto water again. Thank you guys. I’m finding carnivore to be much easier and actually more satiety.

(Genevieve Biggs) #43

Yay!

(Ashley) #44

THank you as well, your detailed post on things you eat made it a lot easier. I don’t know if I’ll always stay zero carb, I may fluctuate back and forth, depends on how I feel. I’ve felt even better the last few days! So loving it thus far.

(Elizabeth ) #45

There’ss been a lot of research on ketogenic diets but nothing with people that strictly eat carnivore. When you’re ketogenic you’re eating a high-fat moderate protein sometimes even low protein, and you’re still eating carbs. Once you’re only eating meat these studies and podcasts are not going to be relevant.

(Tracy) #46

I’m not sure if this is going to clear anything up for you, but I agree with both Dread and Genevieve. If you want to dip your toes into ZC and see what’s what then yeah, just eat animal products to satiety and then see how you feel. However, if you really want to know which foods may be sabotaging you, then at some point you have to get a baseline, and then meat and water only is the way to go. And whether or not you add some fat to your diet depends on how you feel. I tend to feel better with a bit of added fat even though I now eat (mostly) medium ground beef and ribeye steaks, but I no longer care about macros because this is truly different from keto.

For me, success on ZC has depended on being clear about why I’m doing it (health first, building muscle, and the hope of some more fat loss) and having a TON of patience. I’m one of those “lucky” people who gained a little bit of weight at the beginning, but I’m old and post-menopausal and quite metabolically challenged. Now, after about 5 months of trial and error (and some huge fails) I’m seeing the payoff. My weight is starting to slowly go down and I am feeling better than I have in ages.

My final formula? Beef and water to satiety, and eating to my appetite, even if my appetite at times seems unreasonable. I still do coffee with a bit of heavy cream in the morning, but I’ve had to give up all other dairy in order to feel my best.

There are quite a few episodes on different podcasts about carnivory these days. Give them a listen as they can be very helpful and motivating. Also, Dr. Georgia Ede has some very interesting things to say about the reasons why plant foods are not always our friend. Im convinced this is a good way to go for me. Give it a good try (30 days wasn’t enough for me to see the benefits I’m seeing now) and see how you feel. Good luck :+1::grin:

(Elizabeth ) #47

We could be twins, I’m almost 62 and 5 months zc on Friday. I gave up Dairy and even my coffee because I can’t drink it without cream. Like you I gained a few pounds I’m about 6 pounds heavier than when I started, but I’m hoping that eventually that will subside. I do know the strength in the mental Clarity and the alertness that I feel is going to keep me going.

(Tracy) #48

Actually I had given up my heavy cream for a time as well, but just recently added it back in just because I enjoy it. :grin: However, dairy does some weird stuff to my moods, so I will probably take it out again soon. When I finish this carton. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The mental clarity is amazing, and I was keto for almost a year before I started this. The thing that really took me by surprise was even though I had enjoyed great mood stability with keto, I was still plagued with anxiety. Just recently I felt a twinge of anxiety and thought to myself, hey, I haven’t had this feeling for ages! When did that happen?! Best reason ever for me to continue!

Congrats on reaching 5 month mark! :+1::grin:

(Ashley) #49

I’m just trying out different things to see what works for me. I’m in a lower carb lifestyle for life whether it’s more carnivore or more high fats medium protein. Just decided why not. And tbh if your eating fatty hamburger and such your getting higher fat anyways. Just without the added oils.

(Ashley) #50

A week worth of bacon is all I’m eating this week :slight_smile: zero carb ftw!!!

(Tovan Nhsh) #51

I tried zero carb over a month ago & don’t plan to go back anytime soon. Although it was initially for a two week period the improvements to how I felt & additional fat loss have made me more inclined to stay this way. Plus it is INCREDIBLY easy. My diet consists of anything with a face, eggs & butter. Shopping takes no time at all & meal prep is generally under ten minutes.

At first I was concerned that the additional protein would mess with my glucose/ketones but that turned out to be untrue (for me anyway). If you give it a try I hope it works well for you!

(Jayna Denner) #52

You should not only rely on zero carbs diet but you must take some carbs to gain some energy. You can also use low carbs meats and Chicken and Turkey are good examples of low carbs meats. Similarly, these have less fat aslo.

(Doug) #53

Jayna, that’s really not true for almost everbody - for the comparatively few parts of the body that need glucose, the liver can make it. More generally, we can live perfectly well on protein and fat, period.

(Peter Schmitt) #54

Do you know, that you are writing in a keto-forum ? Everybody here knows that you don’t need carbs. And low fat content is not an advantage, more a disadvantage.

(Doug) #55

Worries about “eating too much protein” used to be ‘common knowledge’ or so it seems to me.

Being on a ketogenic diet, and especially when one is fat-adapted, makes a truly enormous difference. Dr. Bikman’s video on ‘Insulin vs. Glucagon’ shows just how profound the difference is. Not to say there is no good upper limit for protein consumption, but for many people eating keto there is a nice wide range where they do well.

(Lonnie Hedley) #56

Also on a ZC/Carnivore thread. Someone appears lost.

(Tovan Nhsh) #57

Agreed. It’s also nice to not be afraid of protein again :slight_smile:

(Peter Schmitt) #58

Probably she took the wrong turn. And ended up in the sinister alley of flesh-feasters xD.

(Shayne) #59

bwahahahaha!!!

(Chris) #60

That’s why they’re some of the worst meats. The fat is where all the vitamins are.