Carnivore New Help

(Ashley) #1

I’m thinking of trying zero carb. I’m sort of confused as to what is typical on zero carb. I’m 29, f, 5’2, 220-223 haven’t weighed for a bit. I’m wondering if too much dairy ect is slowing me. Any help is appreciated. Usually I do under 20 net carb but wondering how this may help.

(Chris) #2

Try 30 days with meat and water only, then slowly add things like dairy back in and see how you tolerate it. It’s important to start with a clean baseline of only meat if you’re beginning.

I would think the concentration should be on the fat part of the meat. The excessive protein can convert to glucose and the dairy has carbs so yes would avoid that to start.
Find the fatty parts and avoid the lean parts.

(Chris) #4

It’s going to convert glucose anyway, the only difference is whether it uses dietary protein or lean mass. Pointless to really bother worrying about macros; you’ll get sick without enough fat anyhow. This diet self regulates quite well.

My comment was about insulin not glucose, but guess I failed to make that connection in the comments I made. I must stop making assumptions.

(Elizabeth ) #6

www.justmeat.co,. www.zerocarbbhealth.com, www.zerocarbzen.com, www.myzerocarblife.com.

(Elizabeth ) #7

Not really, more likely of you’re diabetic, yes, but not zero carb meat only. https://youtu.be/8t1JN0RgvO4

(Chris) #8

I got your point right away. I think it’s safe to say for the most part endogenous glucose doesn’t do much to insulin at all though, at least in a moderately healthy non-diabetic.

(Ashley) #9

I will check these links out, I’m just curious since I seem to be fluctuating a lot with weight up and down if dairy is holding me back, I eat a lot of dairy

(Ashley) #10

Think will do this!

(Lonnie Hedley) #11

Yeah, I’ve heard carnivores can tolerate a higher protein macro so it balances.

(Teresa (turtle)) #12

www.empiri.ca

I cannot get the link to work, :unamused: It is part of the resource list www.justmeat.co that @Elizedge listed first though. :wink:

(Ashley) #13

Thanks will check this out as well

(Genevieve Biggs) #14

HI @monsterjuice! For a first timer, I advise eating whatever meat you like and can afford and as much as is necessary to not be hungry. Hunger is the ZC killer. Dairy and eggs are perfectly acceptable in whatever amount you desire. No need to worry about perfect meat and water from the beginning. I’m ZC 17 months and I still eat dairy most every day and often inlarge amounts. Processed meats like deli meats or sausages are also perfectly acceptable. The stress of eliminating plant “foods” is hard enough. No need to
Make it harder on yourself.

In a typical day I eat 2-3 lbs, depending on my activity. I way mostly ground beef in burger form, but also as crockpotted mush or in ground beef soup. I eat lots of brisket, and steak when able to. But also bacon and lots of chicken thighs. I LOVE brats but they don’t love me so they are occasional treats. But most days I stick to GB (ground beef) because I can get it for cheap. I eat as often as i am hungry. Never felt better.

ZC 17 months

(Ashley) #15

Thank you for being so specific about things you eat. I’m definetly going to stick to a lot of eggs, bacon, ground beef. So so you guys just eat more protein to satiety? Or still a lot of fats? As in oils and such.

(Genevieve Biggs) #16

@Monsterjuice we do not limit or watch macros at all. Eating meat always puts you at 65% fat minimum without even trying (unless you’re eating strictly lean meat like boneless skiness chicken :nauseated_face:). We advise to eat whatever you like and can afford, and if that means fatty meat, so be it. Some prefer 80% gb, others 90%, and others 73%. Tastes may shift. Sometimes I prefer fatty meat, and occasionally I want leaner. But usually I just go for fatty meat because my body is asking for it.

We do not advise including plant oils. There is no need. Meat is fatty enough. We permit mayo as a non-optimal food, but we do not advise using excessive mayo solely for the sake of fat macros.

(Ashley) #17

Interesting. I am definetly going to try this out then. I eat mostly 73/23 ground beef, eggs, bacon now anyways but always trying to up fats for macros

(Genevieve Biggs) #18

Yup. Seriously, I know macros matter on keto, but they don’t on Zero Carb. Without plant carbs to balance, there is no need to watch macros. Just eat meat. Trust me. :sunglasses:

(Elizabeth ) #19

(Lonnie Hedley) #20

I think this is why a lot of carnivores prefer to only eat beef. 73/27 ground beef, and ribeyes are great sources of fat. You get a pretty good balance of fat to protein this way. When doing Keto macros matter, but when changing to ZC only thing that matters is eating fatty cuts (grounds) of meat. Ever hear of rabbit starvation? You don’t need 75-80% fat when doing ZC but definitely need to make sure you’re eating fatty meat, ie not chicken breasts.

This makes it sound like you think meat = protein. I know you don’t, but that’s definitely what I thought when I read this. Lastly, just an FYI. Eggs are higher protein than fat unless you’re only eating yolks. Bacon isn’t always super high in fat. Oscar Meyer naturals is 7g fat, 7g protein. One serving or 4oz 73/27 ground beef (Kroger brand) is 31g fat, 17g protein. Pre brand ribeye is 30g fat, 52.5 g protein. So, if you’re worried about fat, ground beef and ribeyes are the way to go. One more thing. :grin: If you want to cut out dairy, but want to add a good fat source I think ghee is a good option.